Just f**ked the engine

jevansio

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a shit storm Jay. No doubt about it.

:D :D, it sure is mate :D

A sad sight.... but you can and will sort it :)

Sorry to hear about this mate. Hope you get it sorted without too much agro.

Cheers guys, we have the technology, we can fix it :D

Gutted for you mate, not a sound you ever really want to hear:(

How about a nice LS2 or SRT10 lump rather than the stroker rebuild, probably end up cheaper;)

Cheers Ricky, nah it's got to be 2JZ :D

Ah crap. Well that sucks, you've only had it up and running in this state for 5 minutes! Gutted for you.

I know :(, that is that part I'm most gutted about, if this happened in a year or two I wouldn't be bothered

Gutted :( Sorry to hear about this mate, doesn't sound good does it? Although a V8 would be cool i'm glad you're planning to stick with the 2JZ. Engine transplants are fine in other cars but it just feels wrong in the Supra which already has such an amazing engine, although it might not seem like it just now :) Hope you get it sorted easy enough.

:(

Jay was the RLTC cutting in when this happened chap?

Are you sure you have wired it all up correctly also and not mixed up a cylinder on the in and output wiring? Also how did you do the wiring? Solder and heatshrink?

Can you also get the internal log of the AEM so we can see what happened chap? If it was detting the Knock control would have sorted things so i would be surprised if it is a piston ring gone.

Sounds more like it has dropped a valve. No smoke or oil in the catch can?

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

I put the RLTC on 20% slip (dry weather), it was pissing down, I put my foot down in 3rd to light the wheels up, they started to spin, then you could hear the RLTC cutting in. It was pretty voilent, I backed off & literally 10 secs later it started missing and clunking.

Defo all wired up correctly, it's impossible not to, all the ecu side has the solid wires & the loom side has the striped version of that colour.

All connections were soldered & heatshrunk, no connectors anywhere (it was wired in for good).

Will pull the AEM log tomorrow bud.

Catch tank didn't have oil in, looked & smelt more like petrol, I had to pour it out when I removed it.

One thing I guess I should mention, when I got home I relised I had been doing this without the 12v feed to the fuel pumps, I don't suppose it's ran lean has it? :oop:

:(

Jay was the RLTC cutting in when this happened chap?

Are you sure you have wired it all up correctly also and not mixed up a cylinder on the in and output wiring? Also how did you do the wiring? Solder and heatshrink?

Can you also get the internal log of the AEM so we can see what happened chap? If it was detting the Knock control would have sorted things so i would be surprised if it is a piston ring gone.

Sounds more like it has dropped a valve. No smoke or oil in the catch can?

Ryan

Sorry to hear that Jay :(

Hope you'll have your new plans sorted out soon to get your Supe back on the road for spring.

Not good at all! I know how you feel when it seemed like my engine went tits up, Horrible feeling. really hope it's an easy fix.

Get a good condition stock-block Jay and throw your built head and cams on it - run in that and have the current block rebuilt at your leisure.

Absolutely gutted of you mate :(

Sorry to hear this Jay, looked like it was all coming together!

Ah well, on the positive side least you've got an excuse to rebuild it and go for more power :D

I'm gutted for you Jay :( Engine hadn't done a great deal of miles either had it?

RIP:blink: hopefully you resurect the engine soon:d

Scotty

Cheers guys,

I like Deans idea of putting a stock engine in, it's cheap & if I pull the swap off myself then everytime one goes bang it's only the cost of an engine (hopefully it'll be few & far between).

I also like the idea of a 3.4 though, it would be my ultimte goal, but maybe I should attempt a swap on a stock engine 1st incase I do anything wrong, no point me fecking up a £10k 3.4l lump.