The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BDC 2010 Supra Build Thread......

Suprash

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All sounds good, if theres a club stand anywhere then once I have finished sucking at skillz and qualification is over, I can dump the car on the club stand and start getting pished with everyone :eyebrows: :innocent:

What day is the main drift competition on?

I think we would look at a club turnout for 1 day only as a 2 day event in April will be a mudbath.

Jason, are you one of the organisers of the ISTS show?

Branners, I work for Auto-Media who organise the Autoglym Best in Britain Competiton at the show, but we also help the organisers on the rest of the show where needed.

According to the track timetable, The BDC qualifying rounds are all day on the Saturday with the Final being held on the Sunday. I'm pretty sure that Prodrift aren't there at the weekend.

Branners, I work for Auto-Media who organise the Autoglym Best in Britain Competiton at the show, but we also help the organisers on the rest of the show where needed.

According to the track timetable, The BDC qualifying rounds are all day on the Saturday with the Final being held on the Sunday. I'm pretty sure that Prodrift aren't there at the weekend.

If I can get confirmation of which day the BDC final is then I will try to get a stand and a group of Supras there.

What power you going for now mate. mid 400ish?

Pretty sure thats more than you will need for drifting..

Seeming as you have gone with the r154 i suggest you replace the 1st gear thrust washer with either a new 1 or an uprated 1 as there proun to failure especially if there abused and seeming as your drifting it will see a fair bit of it :D

What power you going for now mate. mid 400ish?

Pretty sure thats more than you will need for drifting..

Seeming as you have gone with the r154 i suggest you replace the 1st gear thrust washer with either a new 1 or an uprated 1 as there proun to failure especially if there abused and seeming as your drifting it will see a fair bit of it :D

I will be aiming for the stock TT power of 320 to start with mate, dont want to jump up too much from the Nissans 260 until Im more used to the car, then I'll turn it up a bit as I settle in ;)

Well Marcus has been hard at, but now she is feeling like progress is finally being made, I'll feel a lot happier once we have an engine there, but now she is starting to look like my car instead of just a shell.....

Pics are a bit dark, but the white we chose was Audi white, I wanted to use the current BMW white, but when we looked at it it didn't look white at all lol

An update on the management, spoke to Matt today, to keep things simple and cheap, he thinks its best we go with the AEM FIC over the stock NA ECU........

Means everything will run off the stock loom Gav :D ;) ;) ;)

Although I still need to find :(

A cheap FMIC

A set of front coilovers

A small aftermarket steering wheel

So if anyone knows of these parts about ;) Send'em my way please.....

Edited by Suprash (see edit history)

Well picked her up from spray today, he still needs to flat it back and polish it yet, and tidy up some edges but it's just a days work fettling. I really wanted to stick the black rotas on her but didn't get time before I took her to AFR for the engine swap. The bonnet hasn't been sprayed yet, it's actually dark purple, but gives you the idea of what it will look like with a black bonnet. Also we was worried that having a black to white cut down the rear wouldn't quite look right, so we thought we would try something to break the black and white up a bit.

Nice work, I was really liking the paint job,

But then noticed the spiltty!

Any work going into that?

I'd love one but there mega ££££'s

You not a fan of the checks?

They might look a bit prominent at the moment, but once you have wheels, stickers, door cards etc, I think it's going to look pretty good sideways, I can see it already :D

I don't think it would have looked right with just s hard line where black meets white, more like you couldn't be bothered to do anything.

Keeping the car road legal Ash?

No Jamie, I'm trying to retain as much stock features as possible though, inside she'll be stock interior from the front until behind the front seats, after that she'll be stripped. Lighter arse and all the weight up front, plus I belive you couldn't build a dash better, after all i won't be looking forward at gauges or dials like those digital dashes, give me some window wipers on my side windows :D

You not a fan of the checks?

They might look a bit prominent at the moment, but once you have wheels, stickers, door cards etc, I think it's going to look pretty good sideways, I can see it already :D

I don't think it would have looked right with just s hard line where black meets white, more like you couldn't be bothered to do anything.

I said I do like the paint job, it looks smart[COOL][/COOL]

The Splitty I was refering to is the VW in the background:p