The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BDC 2010 Supra Build Thread......

Suprash

Well I dropped the Supra off to be sprayed last weekend, Marcus my spray guy has been hard at work sanding her down, so for now we have some in progress shots. She should be started to be sprayed today and should be fully complete sometime over the weekend.....:D Then its off to Matt at AFR to get the engine swap complete.....Good times :D

But the paintwork on that car was immaculate! :innocent:

Glad to see it progressing. ;)

I have a stock bonnet in good condition that you can have for free if you want to get rid of the air intake.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the paintwork on that car was immaculate! :innocent:

Glad to see it progressing. ;)

I have a stock bonnet in good condition that you can have for free if you want to get rid of the air intake.

Do you know anything around that paint work, have been trying to trace the original owner since I got the car :D

Got a spare bonnet with out a DIY bake bean tin air scoop lol, but thanks for the offer, mucho appreciated fella ;)

That looks like a serious bit of prep considering the car is going to be thrown around corners sideways Ash!

One of the reasons I enjoy my NA so much is I don't mind if I tag things with it (like I did last year, quite a lot!). Not that I would mind it having a nice paint job..

That looks like a serious bit of prep considering the car is going to be thrown around corners sideways Ash!

One of the reasons I enjoy my NA so much is I don't mind if I tag things with it (like I did last year, quite a lot!). Not that I would mind it having a nice paint job..

My spray guy likes to do things properly, plus after this, she wont see a body shop until the 2010 season is over, so he wants to do things properly from the start lol :D

Plus he gets a bit anal in his work sometimes, not that Im complaining :D

Some more progress......while Marcus has been spraying the body I decided to give the engine bay a once over, I wanted something that would keep the dirt hidden and durable, so decided to rattle can the engine bay with Hammerite smooth in balck......

Turned out pretty clean with a nice finish for a rattle can job and should see out the season nicely, all ready for the engine to be dropped in now :D

DSC06228.jpg

DSC06229.jpg

DSC06230.jpg

DSC06236.jpg

Is the engine still going to be an NA-T Ash? or is it in the planning stage? (That hammerite finish is rather nice!).

It will be a NA-T mate......just trying to get something sourced for turbo and management wise, this is the last pieces to find, except a set of front coilovers, I then have everything, just got to get it all fitted :D

Firstly its with great pleasure, and a massive thank you not only to the club, but to everyone on this forum individually, that I can annouce mkivsupra.net as a new sponsor for my 2010 season.

Hope I can really tear it up for you guys :D

But on more with more usual matters......some pics :D

Firstly its with great pleasure, and a massive thank you not only to the club, but to everyone on this forum individually, that I can annouce mkivsupra.net as a new sponsor for my 2010 season.

Good luck for the forthcoming season ash.

Did I miss something here though? The club is sponsoring you? How's that work?

To be honest I have posted a thread about ISTS in April. I have also spoken to an events moderator on a few occassions about JTS and the possibility of making the event the clubs National Day with parade laps of Silverstone, designated parking areas etc. Maybe this might be an option, especially with JTS holding round 2 of BDC aswell.

Jason

To be honest I have posted a thread about ISTS in April. I have also spoken to an events moderator on a few occassions about JTS and the possibility of making the event the clubs National Day with parade laps of Silverstone, designated parking areas etc. Maybe this might be an option, especially with JTS holding round 2 of BDC aswell.

Jason

All sounds good, if theres a club stand anywhere then once I have finished sucking at skillz and qualification is over, I can dump the car on the club stand and start getting pished with everyone :eyebrows: :innocent:

Lord knows, I just agreed to sponsor the Supra. Perhaps have a chat with an events mod, or arrange a club stand for us at both events and round up a few members to go along?

Could be a good way to further promote the club John, Club stand, sponsored Supra appearing out on track, I could even look into getting a cheap marque with sponsors names on it to park the car under whilst its in the pit area....all we'll need then is a big pink bus and we can then rival the SkylineOwnersForum car :D