BDC 2010 Supra Build Thread......

Suprash

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Did you make it?

Also Ash, I also need a shorter belt as also I got rid of the AC can you let me know what length belt you ended up using and where you sourced it from?

Dave, have you got this sorted yet ? Let me know if not.....

But no, I never made it, the car was by no means ready, as much as I wanted it to be, with all the 'through the night' plans in the world it wouldnt have happened lol, but hey, at least there is belief and dedication there......

I had to step away from the car for a couple of weeks after missing Round 2, due to many reasons really. I was broke, in debt, the gf was starting to get really stressed with me and my life consisting of just car, car, car......plus I was feeling pretty low about missing 2 rounds.

But that was all then, and this is now.....I have been fettling with some other bits on the car recently, the interior mainly, getting the dash in, fitting all the pull cords and kill switches etc.

So after spending the last week back on the car again, finally getting bits finished, its nice to now see a finish line, finally......

I finally have a harness that I can use with my Fcon now as well, so the car will go back to AFR for the final time next week for mapping, just in time for Round 3 on the 19th June, to say these last 6 months now have been hard work, stressful, debt accumalating, even friend loosing at times, is far more then I bargained for.

Stickers have started to go on......Supra club ones next ;)

Got the harness then?

Excellent be good seeing some progress again ;) Should I be dusting off the van ready for the 19th then? :)

Best lol, but I feel like I have been saying this too many times now lol, so lets just wait until we know we're there lol ;)

I pray to fricking god though........this is killing me now, and not softly......;)

Well, we're now 5 days away from round 3, i dropped the car off with matt last week for mapping, so I'm just waiting to hear from him on the progress. Once I get the car back me and mate just need to get the gearbox out so we can make a shifter extension, but I'm praying to god this week pans out as I hoping it will...:taped:

So are we mate. The car's lookin' great. :)

Not as much as me mate.......Im fricking itching to get back out there and skid like a 16 year old getting laid for the first time, although I shouldnt say that, that'll just mean I'll hit the first corner and shoot my awsomeness into a big early fail into the kitty litter lol.

But basically everything rides on today, my mate has very kindly offered to help me out and will go to Matts this morning to wire in the Fcon for him, hoping then, that Matt can get her on the rollers and make the good stuff happen :innocent:

Well my mate wired the Fcon in today, but unfortunately Matt cant map the car until Friday :( But not a total disaster. Im going to go up there tomorrow to get the last few small bits done, then if the car gets mapped ok on Friday, its all systems go :D

Are you at lyden hill tomo?
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

If matt can map it today, then yes, if not, I might try her under stock power but not sure she'll have the power to break traction to easily......

Let us know how it goes Ash.

Will do mate ;) I forgot about your message mate, let me contact BDC now about getting a press pass ;)

Middle, come find me, I'll be with the multi coloured s13

Just to update everyone, me and matt couldn't get the car mapped in time, which is gutting because we was so close but it really is better not to rush it now at this stage, but she sounded pretty awsome on the dyno

• 2 weeks later...

Well Matt picked her up again today, there was a couple of issues from last Fridays session, firstly plugs, we totally over looked this and forgot she still had stock NA plugs lol, they held up better then I expected lol, well until she hits about 3.5k and then they, well, throw a spanner, so he has rectified that now.

There's a temp sensor that needs to be fitted but due to time restraints and Matts very busy schedule, we are just gonna safe map it for now and I'll get this sorted at a later date.

But then the starter motor packed up, this got tempremental on last Fridays sesion, but started working again, but today it seems it tried to cook itself, so Matt has kindly said he should have a spare lying around somewhere that he can throw on.

So Im hoping, really hoping, by the time this weeks out I will actually have turbo powerz.