The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BDC 2010 Supra Build Thread......

Suprash

Right, its about time I updated this, this car build has been consuming every waking moment of I life currently, and its been touch and go a couple of times now whether the car could be ready in time.

I had some massive isues around the gearbox, that changed daily over a space of a week, but massive thanks to Steve Spedd who helped me out with a bellhousing and prop for now.

The car went off to Fabricage to have the piping measured, bent and profiled and I picked her up Sunday and brought her back for a mate to finish it off and weld it in, which he done in a full day, another massive thanks and pat on the back to Ben for that. As usual Gav has been helping out as well, but he dont want any recogination so sod him lol, love you x x x ;)

So after the cage went in on Monday I had to get up at 4 in the morning to get the car to AFR before work, which was really starting to take it toll on the body with all the hours already spent on the car, I ache in places pretty much everywhere.

Matt had already got the engine out of the donar car and got the turbo kit on a couple of weeks ago and due to working through issues we have encounted, the real work finally started today, with 72 hours to go, I still cant really believe this all happening within the last week.

With all the planning, scheduling, part sourcing, talking, the time has just rocked on, but its looking good, fricking tight, and a very last minute till stupid o'clock the night before but I honestly dont care :D Just to be out there in a Supra is making me very excited. I havent skidded now since Round 4 last Aug, I havent had a car since then, so Im itching to get out there and nail it sideways. I feel a nice healthy aggression now but I pray to god that doesnt take me over the edge ;), but after getting the first year out of the way and now going into my 2nd year with no newbie nerves, Im really looking forward to this.

Anyway, enough of my personal side, we're men, we want aswome pics. There isnt many, but at least tomorrow I can start updating you with engine shots, now that the two are finally together.

Turbo kit on......

After the shocks went on.....

They may be cheap, but I believe you dont need big money builds to do well, Im even running stock lock for the first round, although not through choice, but Im not sure I will get the time to do anything about it massively, but then there will be lots of development work after Round 1, but for now its just to get a running drift car that works :innocent:

Cage going in....

For now because of the timescales and the fact that Matt is really cracking on, we cant afford to loose the time in waiting for a shifter extension made up, so we will run the shifter position about 120mm forwards with no dash, otherwise I'll be reaching into the dashboard lol. Then its injectors and ECU and then map lol.

As soon as Matt has finished that its home to mount the seat, fit the fire extinguisher, and engine cut off and pull cords. Weld the diff, sort the geometry, put the stickers on and I think Im somewhere there, or there abouts lol.

Hopefully, I'll have lots of updates over the next 72 hours :eyebrows:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, that's exactly how I'm running mate, I'm sure the bdc allow your door bars together with masking tape, I'm sure the scrutiners will pass that lol :D

Typical, trust you to spot the door bars and not notice the firmly insecure seat ;) *cough* ratchet strap *cough* Norfolk ;)

But yeah, a good shout out to Ben, he always comes through in a bind with his welding/fabrication (Cage installation by BenD Fabrication :)) (And he still made Monday night bowling :))

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

And the fact we havent got one !!!!!!! And the prop is having to be cut up and a one off made for it but we are persevering. If Ash totals this at the first meeting we are going to have him stuffed and mounted in reception.:taped:

And the fact we havent got one !!!!!!! And the prop is having to be cut up and a one off made for it but we are persevering. If Ash totals this at the first meeting we are going to have him stuffed and mounted in reception.:taped:

Ha ha, I can so picture that, A little blonde skinny dude, with a pole up his arse! Bet he'd still have a smile on his face, he always does, even in times like now with things running stupidly tight!

I know its not ideal but a 90 degree silicon coupler not get him by for the time being mate?

Total it, pffft, no faith John, I'm gonna show these boys what you can do with a stock Supra, I don't do crashing, I would rather test my cars crash capabilities by throwing the car down the road on it's roof ;)

But honestly John, I'm really gratefull for what you boys are doing at the moment, hands to pumps and all in a time of need, thanks ;)

I know its not ideal but a 90 degree silicon coupler not get him by for the time being mate?

That's a fucking good point Jamie, is not a usable solution for one round?

Ha ha, I can so picture that, A little blonde skinny dude, with a pole up his arse! Bet he'd still have a smile on his face, he always does, even in times like now with things running stupidly tight!

I swear you're obsessed with my bum, weirdo x

Get inline, I live closer to him, so I'll be doing that first! :)

Got a bit of update for this, unfirtunately not the update we was all hoping for :( But due to time running out the car wasnt ready :(

Unfortunately I still had to take my mate as his car was on my transporter as well, so I headed off to his about 17:00 when I found out that this wouldnt happen to help get his car ready.

Thankfully, cause he's a real mate he let me use his car to get a couple of runs in and then do my qualify, to which I qualified 18th, so Im actually pretty happy with that, considering it wasnt my car, so I was being careful, and that I only had 2 practice runs.

So we have 3 weeks till Round 2, so we need to get straight back on the car, and it then gives a nice bit of time to make sure the car is nice and ready.

Here are my 2 qualify runs, a bit weak along the back straight but I wasn't prepared to go balls out in my mates car so I kept it simple ;)

LFu_Nw-Tjj8

Mate, I wish I'd known you were there. I was on the track with the gumball crew doing some laps in my C4S. Doh! :(

Don't worry mate, we always find these things out after, plus my decision to go was late Friday ;) As I had to still transport my mates car he was kind enough, and the fact he felt guilty, to let me drive his car.

Did you have a good day?

It was awesome! Got to drive the new GP track in the Carrera and my mates were on the track in a Gallardo Superleggera, Diablo, Ultima and a Lotus. FUN!! :D Would have been cool to support you though. Next time hey ;)