The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BDC 2010 Supra Build Thread......

Suprash

Well, Matt has finished the mapping. There was problems along the way again, mainly down to too much boost, but then there is only 330 injectors in there for now, I wanted a good 300bhp to start with, and well, Im so broke, I couldnt afford new injectors right now even if I wanted them lol. So after the wastegate not opening twice when we had expected it, and changing of springs, then my 'budgie' cheap Ebay IC pipe kit letting me down, damn you Ebay and your cheap parts lol, and then Matt being out for the rest of the week, I decided it was better to have a working car with a lowered rev limit then miss another round :eyebrows: Or maybe not so much of the :eyebrows: lol.....we'll see how it goes trying to drift in quite a narrow power band lol.

But at 5,200rpm she was making 343bhp (this was pulled in 5th, so if anyone has a guestimated real figure then feel free to cast your aspertions, Im hoping for a stock TT figure ?)

So this brings me onto this weekend, Round 4 :blink: yes you heard that right, round 4, Donnington Park. I loved this conned circuit last year, nice big entry which Im really looking forward to throwing Supra into, although Im not sure how she'll fair with stock lock so far, if I get time before the weekend I'll space it out a bit and cut the stock lock stops back a bit to at least give her some extra for now.

Of course Im hoping to come across a few forum members, so if you planning on going to Donnys car show this weekend, come down the pit area and say hi :cool:

So I have quite a few bits to sort in the meantime, fit harness, steering wheel, 4runner dizzy and air filter and pipe onto the turbo, finish off the stickers, dog leg the gear shift, sort out why my power steering pump is no longer now working, so if anyone knows of a spare PS pump thats not too far, I might be interested ;) And no doubt there is lots of small other jobs that I will still be fettling with until 02:00 Sat morning, but I dont care, its finally here, and Im already getting excited and the prospect of finally being out in a Supra, its time for some 'Shake and Bake' :D

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have been busy on the car today finishing everything off for the weekend, it's so nice to be doing the last bits.

Started today bleeding the power steering pump, as it wasn't working, it just needed lots of bleeding and fluid, got there after nearly an hour lol. But after a while it came good, its nice to power steering back.

So after that was to get cracking and get the last few bits fitted. First was the harness, then final fitting of the kill switch, pull cords and dash panels, never to be removed again.

Also fitted my air filter, found a route around using the shorter 4runner dizzy, which I have already ordered and cant return lol, anyones for £20 if they want it ;)

Fitted the battery relocation box finally.

Through out the day she has started smoking again, severely. She done this after first being built and it turned out to be fouled up piston rings where she hadnt been used much, first time I had heard of this to be fair, especially on a Supra, but today was a little worrying, as it got really bad at one point. Got my mate round and he spotted the oil feed return had a big kink in it, so I will sort that tomorrow, and also there are some breather pipes not connected and vacum lines just going to atmosphere so they wont help the smoking generally, so Im hoping it will all come good tomorrow once I tackle the last few bits, but for now....

The misses took these so, its not my bad camering lol ;)

Tomorrow, is sorting the oil line, the breathers and vacume lines, dog legging the gear shift a few other little fettling bits, the rest of the stickers and she should then be ready for Sat :D

Edited by Suprash (see edit history)

Just read this thread Ash, well done mate getting the car to where it is. A long slog doing these projects, especially when the work is carried out in spare time. Hats off to ya fella.

Do you have a link to the BDC calendar?

Edit - just went back and saw the first post, d'oh!

Edited by EdMorris (see edit history)

Hey Ash,

Looking good, I'll try and pop along if I get a chance.

Another question for you. When you mounted the harness did you use, eye with spreader plate on the tunnel side then an eye bolt in the original seat belt mounting hole on the B pillar?

If you did what thread size is the original seatbelt mounting hole and where did you get the eye bolt from?

Thanks

David

Hey Ash,

Another question for you. When you mounted the harness did you use, eye with spreader plate on the tunnel side then an eye bolt in the original seat belt mounting hole on the B pillar?

If you did what thread size is the original seatbelt mounting hole and where did you get the eye bolt from?

Thanks

David

My Corbeau seats came with all the right eye bolts etc, and they do the plates that you can weld in or use to pull the plate to the floor, if you call them ask for Vic Lee and tell him John Morgan told you to call.

Hey Ash,

Thanks

David

Sorry Dave, forgot to reply to this.......:D

I wanged a slightly over sized bolt into the tunnel side, as no eye bolts had the right thread pattern, however the eye bolt screwed into the original seat belt mounting hole on the other.....

• 2 months later...
Does this mean it's all back together again Gav?

Did Ash find out why the engine started knocking at 'Pod, if so, was it terminal for that engine?

Fingers crossed for the next event, hope you guys get the reliability issues solved once and for all :)

Not quite, the boys are on it with me, it all needs to be back together and back in ready for Matt on Tuesday for mapping. We're still a little unsure on what the cause of the problem is but I need to speak with Matt as the cylinders are looking pretty washed due to fueling, but this could be to the fact that he's had to keep it slightly rich due to the car not having a air temp sensor, which it will hopefully when she goes back this time, along with bigger injectors, so Im hoping the fueling will be a lot better this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update this, obviously a lot of the recent work that has been going on with the car has been in the thread below.....

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=225869

But I would like to make an announcement, no Im not coming out :p :D

But it is with great pleasure to announce that I have obtained a new sponsor for the 2011 season.....

Looking forward to working with Albert and his team :D

• 3 months later...

Would just like to say a big thanks to Dave (The-Plethora) who has very kindly donated his TT coil packs to the ever on going development of this car.

Im currently looking into dropping the stock dizzy, and after mulling things over with Gav, he came up with a good plan, whereby, we use the cam/crank signal from the stock dizzy to signal the ECU when to fire the coil packs which will be run directly from the F-Con.

All seems very plausable to my non-knowledgable arse, but does anyone know of any reason why this couldnt work ?