The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front end lose?

JamieP

Got a problem with the car, i hit a small ridge in the road and its as if the front end steps over a couple of inch, feels very odd, ive booked to car into wheels in motion for friday afternoon to see if they can find anything, any ideas where to start? or anyone had a similar problem?

Im not sure the car has ever felt right since going full powerflex bushes, the front just dont feel planted anymore, tempted to go back to new oem everything.

jamie could be small buckle in the inside of the wheel. what tire pressure do you run try lowering it to 30psi see if it makes any diff

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fixed, it was a combination of the new CW suspension kit being a lot lower and throwing the geo out and ontop of that i must have hit a pothole or something on the rear driver side wheel.

Tony said it was miles out and was causing the car to crab which inturn made my steering wheel out, i was stood at the back as he adjusted that wheel and no joke it must have moved around an inch.

Big thanks to Tony/WIM for top job as always, didnt even charge me:)

Glad it weren't nothing serious mate! Potholes around my way alone are terrible so can see why it might of throw tracking!

So are you still looking at going back to OEM bushes all round or are you sticking with your current set?

I think im going to stay with the powerflex, i want to push it a bit harder before i decided for sure, the jumping about has gone now which is the main thing:)

Are the powerflex a stiff ride? I've heard that they make for a harsh ride, but have also heard from two or three people thats had them fitted that they haven't noticed a difference over stock!

Feels much the same to me, cant notice any real difference between it and my na tbh.

Sorry, only just seen this, I would have suggested the front toe was a mile out from the hopping. Glad it's sorted. How do the springs and dampers feel?

I thought it would have been something to do with the front but he didnt have to touch it, the back was so far out i was having to counter steer to keep the car in a straight line (i didnt even realise it was doing it, just felt a little odd) when he sorted the rear wheels the steering wheel was perfectly straight when driving again.

Feels great now the geo is sorted, just right for the street, not to firm, not to sloopy.

:yeahthat: and how low are we talking? Cant it be adjusted to ride a little higher?

Glad all is well.

This is when Lee first fitted it, i think it may have settled a little lower now, its on its highest setting now, i think if i got another groove machined in i could raise it a tad but tbh i can just about live with the ride height as it is.

I thought it would have been something to do with the front but he didnt have to touch it, the back was so far out i was having to counter steer to keep the car in a straight line (i didnt even realise it was doing it, just felt a little odd) when he sorted the rear wheels the steering wheel was perfectly straight when driving again.

Feels great now the geo is sorted, just right for the street, not to firm, not to sloopy.

Sounds like the frame angle was on the piss... In other words the centre line of the car was off.

What you find is that if say the rear subframe is for example 15-20 minutes out from the front subframe the front will be trying to correct itself constantly which results with the steering wheel being on the cock and and the car pulling in the direction it needs to to correct itself.

I see this all the time at work and you wouldnt believe how much it upsets a car such a small thing

This is when Lee first fitted it, i think it may have settled a little lower now, its on its highest setting now, i think if i got another groove machined in i could raise it a tad but tbh i can just about live with the ride height as it is.

Its not to bad i suppose.

Got a nice stance to it :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Front end feels fine now but the rear end is all over the place, LeeP has driven and confirms its terrible but cant find anything wrong.

Edit. got the part numbers.

4 x arms

2 x stabilizing bars

2 x tie rods

Need to get this sorted asap or i wont be able to run at thunder road on the 28th

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

48610-19025 Front Upper Arm - RH x 1

48630-19025 Front Upper Arm - LH x 1

48068-14080 Front Lower Arm - RH x 1

48069-14080 Front Lower Arm - LH x 1

48820-24010 Front drop link x 2

45503-39095 Front Tie Rod Inner x 2

52271-14080 Rear Mount Bush x 2

52205-14040 Rear Mount Bush RR-RH x 1

52206-14030 Rear Mount Bush RR-LH x 1

52272-14040 Rear Upper Mount Bush x 1

48770-19025 Rear Upper Arm - RH x 1