The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front end lose?

JamieP

Are these the rear subframe bushes?

48725-14070 Bush, rear axle carrier 48725F RH

48725-14070 Bush, rear axle carrier 48725G LH

No Jamie.

The ones you listed sit in the rear hubs and form the outer "bush" of the rear strut rod.

Rear Suspension EPC2.JPG

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From Nic's numbers....see attached pic

RED...........52271-14080 Rear Mount Bush x 2

BLUE.........52205-14040 Rear Mount Bush RR-RH x 1

GREEN......52206-14030 Rear Mount Bush RR-LH x 1

YELLOW...52272-14040 Rear Upper Mount Bush x 1

There is also a 52273-14060 (SHOWN IN GREY) Stopper, Rear Suspension Member, Lower but I am not sure if you need this.

Subframes.jpg

Edited by dandan (see edit history)

If the rear toe isn't set central to the chassis centreline it will be dire. I do it the old fashioned way and string it up off centreline datum points.

It was only set up a couple of weeks back, something has to be wrong, is there anything else that holds the wheels straight other than the the four arms?

It was only set up a couple of weeks back, something has to be wrong, is there anything else that holds the wheels straight other than the the four arms?

Has this problem appeared recently since the last alignment or been there a while?

If it's been there a while, does it coincide with anything else - bush changes, ARB change, clipped a kerb etc?

Has this problem appeared recently since the last alignment or been there a while?

If it's been there a while, does it coincide with anything else - bush changes, ARB change, clipped a kerb etc?

Its hard to say really, ive had so many problems with it feeling crap on the front and rear im a bit lost with it all tbh, im gonna change everything to brand new oem and go from there, rear first then if its still a problem change the front.

When you are going for it at WOT i dont notice it so much, mainly when i hit a bump in the road at slow speed its apparent.

This is when Lee first fitted it, i think it may have settled a little lower now, its on its highest setting now, i think if i got another groove machined in i could raise it a tad but tbh i can just about live with the ride height as it is.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/billet022.jpg

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but your car is so magnificently clean, it looks like a natural HDR photo! Gorgeous. :)

Got a problem with the car, i hit a small ridge in the road and its as if the front end steps over a couple of inch, feels very odd, ive booked to car into wheels in motion for friday afternoon to see if they can find anything, any ideas where to start? or anyone had a similar problem?

Im not sure the car has ever felt right since going full powerflex bushes, the front just dont feel planted anymore, tempted to go back to new oem everything.

Have u had the steering rack bushes replaced with poly ones? I had this very same problem on a car i did for a customer.. Turned out that the poly bush was wearing super quick and was alowing the rack to move sideways by about an inch..

Worth a look even if you havent changed this bush.. The rack has one bush that goes around the rack and one that stops it goings sideways.. Its probably this one...

Edit: didnt read rest of the thread, changing everything should do it lol

Edited by JODY T (see edit history)