The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yellowing lights - Hydrogen Peroxide

jackso11

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are looking for a easy safe 100% non abrasive method to remove the yellow and even brown oxidation in seconds, try an acrylic lens deoxidizer.

http://www.ibc34.com/Before-and-After.html

It will not harm the UV layer or damage the lens surface

You can keep the oxidation from coming back or forming on new headlights with an acrylic conditioner.

If this works, why has it not been mentioned before?

Not a bad idea i suppose but ive never had a problem with wet sanding and a coat of clear afterwards, plus it can all be done in the space of a day rather than waiting 24 hours for results.

Before

After

They do look like they have come out well :)

Not a bad idea i suppose but ive never had a problem with wet sanding and a coat of clear afterwards, plus it can all be done in the space of a day rather than waiting 24 hours for results.

They do look like they have come out well :)

These do look good as well do the ones treated by peroxide.

Does anyone have experience on how long it takes before these 're-yellow' when sanding and spraying them?

Would be interesting to compare the length of time before having to re-apply each of these methods!

is that sprayed with a clear coat?

They always look a bit better when wet so I am guessing clearcoat will give them that look....right?

Cleared with waterbased clear, turns them into glass at 1st but when they have settled after a few days they look normal.

Only needs a light coat, put to much on and they look like arse

It also adds UV protection once more so you lose no benefit at all :)

These do look good as well do the ones treated by peroxide.

Does anyone have experience on how long it takes before these 're-yellow' when sanding and spraying them?

Would be interesting to compare the length of time before having to re-apply each of these methods!

Ive never had issues with these ever going grotty since.

Its all in the prep work, do it right the 1st time and should never realy have to do it again.

Guest ShocK GunZ
If this works, why has it not been mentioned before?

Actually It's been around for a few years. I pretty much thought it was common knowledge.

http://www.goodextraincomeideas.com/repair-foggy-headlights.html

http://reviews.ebay.com/THE-TRUTH-ABOUT-HEADLIGHT-CLEANERS_W0QQugidZ10000000000945494

There are several videos on you tube.

Edited by ShocK GunZ (see edit history)

That's looks amazing!!! Think ill be trying that when I get my supra if the lights are at all yellow. Well done mate always good to see people coming up with new idea's

• 2 weeks later...