The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A.E.M. in N/A.

David P

Just a quick note, you have gone to some length here to "thermally improve" the air intake yet I note you have not bypassed the water heating on the throttle body. That's a £10 mod, I don't know what it adds, probably a miniscule improvement, but when scrabbling for every HP you should do it.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rob,

Take a look at the plenum intake before it was insulated snap, and you will notice a brass tap at the rear of the rocker cover.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=16204

This allows me to keep the hot water isolated, yet should the throttle body freeze up one damp cold morning, I can open it. :)

Simples

Paul/Ian

I am just as curious to have these figures.

For the ?rd/th time, these will be measured after I finish the efficiencies upgrades.

Only pointless prattling until then.

m,

If you read the thread, you will find that my target is 280.

However, I don’t really want fuel wasting cam overlap.

I shall decide on the day, and be quite content with the outcome.

This is my everyday car, I am up to my neck in half finished jobs and the flashing overdrive light, and throttle position sensor (error code 38) hiccough is holding me up, my gearbox and overdrive are not working properly because of this, and since fitting my new speedo face, it is reading about 12 mph too fast?

I do all the work outside, and the weather has been awful.

If you want to know any quicker, then get your woollies, wellies, spanners and brollies out.

Can you please think of some new and maybe not so negative topics, I have answered these before.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Rob,

Take a look at the plenum intake before it was insulated snap, and you will notice a brass tap at the rear of the rocker cover.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=16204

This allows me to keep the hot water isolated, yet should the throttle body freeze up one damp cold morning, I can open it. :)

this is a very smart idea i must admit

m,

If you read the thread, you will find that my target is 280.

However, I don’t really want fuel wasting cam overlap.

I shall decide on the day, and be quite content with the outcome.

well it is NOW, at 1st you were aiming for 300hp

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

Put it in in google then its a mines ecu piggyback from what i read

The computers that are installed in the Toyota vehicle and the CPU are located in the same body.

It's been said that we cannot analyze or even change the data. So, we introduced the VX-ROM for TOYOTA to break that theory and it was developed with all of our technology.

This masterpiece is our confidence and pride!

Taken from a post on supraforums

I've seen some N/A supras getting around 225whp with just a Mines VX ROM, and exhaust. Even though the chip is not a mapping chip, it's still widely regarded as one of the best piggybacks that you can add to an N/A supra

I've seen some N/A supras getting around 225whp with just a Mines VX ROM, and exhaust. Even though the chip is not a mapping chip, it's still widely regarded as one of the best piggybacks that you can add to an N/A supra

Where, this is the first I have heard of vx-roms for the NA?

Taken from a post on supraforums

I think the key word here is "Taken from a post on supraforums";)

w,

Thank's for the tip, and the link :)

Have taken a look, it sounds a bit 'tea from China', but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I have sent an enquiry for more info, and the price.

Have just fitted the U.K. brakes, which was not quite 'plug and play', as I didn't have the U.K. back plates, so the fronts were removed, and the rears given a pruning with the disc cutter. :innocent:

Looking forwards to giving them a few G's after they are bedded in and the Jap spec brakes not rolling about in the back :)

I will let you know what info they send.

I have been studying the wiring diagrams, not easy with on disc info, and for a different sensor set up.

It looks likely that when I wired the new AIT sensor into the loom, I severed the ring earth for the EGR sensor, Throttle position sensor, Trans oil temp sensor and EFI water temp sensor. :innocent:

No wonder it's not happy.

Edited by David P (see edit history)