The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A.E.M. in N/A.

David P

I just felt cheated after reading all the magical MPG numbers and more importantly wanted to know how much he spent just to get sod all and an abrupt ending. Fair play to him for giving it ago and taking stick I just wished I skipped to the end and saved my time.

I have now brought a Mines vx-rom and have 8million bhp and can circumnavigate the globe on quarter of a tank.

If I am being honest sherlock I have no idea about the vx-rom and should go to bed but I have 4months to kill so another late night 2hr sleep night is on the cards again.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was was not even planning on reading the whole thing. What was the cost like if you don't mind me asking as it seams like you must of spent a pretty penny. (pm me if you don't want the agro from posting costs and hearing about the TT you should of brought)

The components used for the build are listed in 'my garage/labrinth', all with active links to web pages including a source for many/most :think: of them.

I haven't been keeping count, yet should "cost" be your interest, maybe you could take a look and let me know how much I have spent pleasing myself during the past couple of years. :shrug:

I have never 'hankered' for a TT, just looking towards burning them off with my Hybrid. ;)

Edited by David P (see edit history)

I enjoy tinkering with my Supra, it's a challenge and it keeps me out of the pub. ;)

The majority of components I sourced from breakers yards and forum members, or made from scrap metal.

This activity uses up most of my spare time, so the other bits were bought with the beer money I hadn't spent. :think:

• 9 months later...

what did you use to polish up the inlet manifold like that?

i used a carbon cda style airbox on mine, i like the idea with the tt airbox as well.

maybe i can do a customized intake similar to yours but using what i have aswell :-)

keep up the good work im trying to gain power out of my na aswell, i cant afford a tt, so modding my na is all i can do for now :-)

First I used a file to take of the lumps, then lubricated with WD40, then coarse wet&dry, then medium, then fine, then Autosolvosol and lots of elbow grease.

I didn't buy a T.T. because I didn't want turbo's, I wanted a supercharger.

There has been a lot of water under the bridge since then and now it has it's AEM and looks like this. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=157894&d=1348086317

charge cooler shiny 008-001.JPG