My respray pics

magictorch

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man this really makes me want to get mine resprayed. Needs it. I have had Baldy re-spray my roof panel and tailgate, both bumpers need doing and someone put a scratch on my passenger door resently.....so that will be almost all the way there anyway.

I just need to get hold of the cash to do it.

• 4 months later...

Though i would update this:(

As some people know i had some problems with the finish due to some dodgy prep.

Part of the work the bodyshop was supposed to flat the laquer but they cocked that up resulting in pigtails all over the car....i had another local bodyshop take a look and he managed to polish out the pigtails but the laquer is pitted all over the car from the previous bodyshops efforts.......GUTTED

So i have decided to respray it again..... im changing the colour as well for a fresh start:)

Will update with some new pics soon

Edited by magictorch (see edit history)

Bloody hell, that's bad news, hope it works out better next time, was looking all good :(

Looked great from a distance and in the photo's:D

Gutted for you Jamie, what colour are you going to go for?

Umm not sure yet....just want rid of the black to forget

I really wish I'd said yes now mate.. Really sorry for you!

I hope the new paint is not going over the old? or you could go on forever.

Flatting it back and high building it again, Dave

Im quite excited about it really as im doing some of the work:blink:

Though i would update this:(

As some people know i had some problems with the finish due to some dodgy prep.

Part of the work the bodyshop was supposed to flat the laquer but they cocked that up resulting in pigtails all over the car....i had another local bodyshop take a look and he managed to polish out the pigtails but the laquer is pitted all over the car from the previous bodyshops efforts.......GUTTED

So i have decided to respray it again..... im changing the colour as well for a fresh start:)

Will update with some new pics soon

:( I'd be wanting blood, balls and a refund mate..!!

H.

Hi mate, blimey you've had a rough time with this eh! A situation like this has to be anyone's worst nightmare when it comes to having a respray. At least you only paid half, not that you should have paid that by the sounds of it.

I hope the second time round goes much better for you and you end up with a respray to be proud of. As Dave has said though, get it taken back as far as possible before continuing or you will go round in circles, maybe not a month later but perhaps a year down the line.

Look forward to the updates mate :)