The mkiv Supra Owners Club

little bit offended honest answers please

L33

Sorry bud, I'm just having a hard time gauging where you're coming from, you're posting links to wheel & tyre packages @ £660 then in that last post it sounds like you've got £1k for wheels plus tyres.

If you're driving the car over winter (and I note your comment about driving responsibly) so I would seriously forget R888.

I know what you mean about not using the power when not needed, but it only takes one moment of provocation on a slightly damp surface with crap tyres and..... well you know the story. I'm not going to sit here all night and preach, you know what's best for you, do the right thing.

Over & out

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The black wheels really tone down the cars look and make it more stealth IMO, I would listen to the advise and avoid cheap Wheelmania wheels, they are heavy and will not give a great feel when driving, a nice set of light wheels with excellent tyres is the way to go, I loved the way my single felt on WED 18" SA70's after having Blitz 19" Technospeeds

The more i look at all the pics the more im starting to think those multi spokes suit the car more. Think with winter coming aswell is to just wait and save up to get a nice looking set rather then worry about what i can afford right now. Just get a nice set ready for show season. With all the work done be a shane to let the car down with cheap wheels and naff tyres

The more i look at all the pics the more im starting to think those multi spokes suit the car more. Think with winter coming aswell is to just wait and save up to get a nice looking set rather then worry about what i can afford right now. Just get a nice set ready for show season. With all the work done be a shane to let the car down with cheap wheels and naff tyres

:thumbs: Good decision!

Sorry bud, I'm just having a hard time gauging where you're coming from, you're posting links to wheel & tyre packages @ £660 then in that last post it sounds like you've got £1k for wheels plus tyres.

If you're driving the car over winter (and I note your comment about driving responsibly) so I would seriously forget R888.

I know what you mean about not using the power when not needed, but it only takes one moment of provocation on a slightly damp surface with crap tyres and..... well you know the story. I'm not going to sit here all night and preach, you know what's best for you, do the right thing.

Over & out

Here here !

Over & out

i understand where your coming from mate and have really appreciated the help!

not that it bpther you lot but this is really pissing me off :( been looking again and im not sure again :(

i been looking at those volk winning wheels on other supras at different angles and they dont always look good?

this is so hard :(

the wheels look good m8, although chrome is not to everyones taste.. personally i'm not a fan of flip paint, but if you like it thats all that matters.. the lads on barry boys are mainly jealous little pricks that still ride 50cc mopeds and have nothing better to do than slate other peoples cars! (admittedly they do find some real sheds that deserve everything they throw at 'em. ie saxo with 8 exhausts)

Edited by fizzle (see edit history)

Ooops, did you get that from my garage? Mine aren't the Volk Racing wheels anymore they are Axis Penta. I've updated my garage ;)

I like the Rota GTR LM though.

not that it bpther you lot but this is really pissing me off :( been looking again and im not sure again :(

i been looking at those volk winning wheels on other supras at different angles and they dont always look good?

this is so hard :(

They're Axis Penta ;)

You always get people who have to put things down to make themselves feel better. Just driving over to my parents at 5mph in a queue of traffic a couple of times in my compleltely standard car which doesnt even have a loud exhaust I have had people make gestures and shout things at me.

Focus on the good comments you get from strangers; never the bad.

..if you were happy with your car before you read these derogatory comments.. just ignore them.

It's easy to be a sheep and go with the consensus.. just do what you feel is right. Ignoring peer pressure is a fine art and one well worth learning..

Apologies if this is a reiteration of someone else, i just scanned the thread :)

..that reason is why I bought a soop, when others just said..omg, why don't you ever just buy a normal (?) car?! pffft lol

brother in law has just made a supra with the black jade r wheels and looks pretty impressive and evil :) all done on forza 2 on the xbox lol

only thing is these pics has the facelift rear lights which mine wont have

also have my private plate on it :)