The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post Supradrome 09 discussion thread

j1mb0b1

"Shaggers!!!" lol

Was a great day/eve/night. Glad I finally got to meet some of you. Cheers to Kearney for the sponge lol. I have never seen anyone wash their car with Lynx shower gel before :taped:

Cheers Jurgen for lending me your crash helmet, and thanks to everyone else for making it a top night :thumbs:

yep it did look professionally cleaned with shower gel

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers to Tom for organising the evening, military precision as usual. :salute:

A very big thanks to IanIan for the curry and chilli, Sharon and Ian (Dragonlady & +1) for all the assistance with the food.

Jimbob, SteveR (and dan) and Rob Wild for all your help on the bar.

Finally big thanks to GazB for coming up trumps with the gas burners so we could all enjoy the curry and chilli at above ambient temperature The BBQ was just not up to the task of heating i all up.

and a quick reminder to Jimbob's mate Mike... When Tom says no, he means NO :)

A cracking event once again. :grouphug:

Mike

I was talking to burna for most of the evening (completely sober)

:innocent:

Lost count of how many times we had to turn around :D

I totally hold Tom responsible for that, now where is that ban button :innocent:

:blink:

Cheers to Tom for organising the evening, military precision as usual. :salute:

A very big thanks to IanIan for the curry and chilli, Sharon and Ian (Dragonlady & +1) for all the assistance with the food.

Jimbob, SteveR (and dan) and Rob Wild for all your help on the bar.

Finally big thanks to GazB for coming up trumps with the gas burners so we could all enjoy the curry and chilli at above ambient temperature The BBQ was just not up to the task of heating i all up.

and a quick reminder to Jimbob's mate Mike... When Tom says no, he means NO :)

A cracking event once again. :grouphug:

Mike

got to add to this, it was a great event and it took me 4 hours to get home, with a few good stops for coffee!!

Ian Ian, drove to Supradrome to do the cooking, that man has a lot of love for this club. And the Chilli / Curry was spot on, no complaints I am sure

Sharon / Ian, if you do sell and buy the Honda, you are always welcome at any event I'm running, thanks for your tireless help with Ian on the food side

The various people who worked the bar a great thanks, especially Kate's son Dan who loved opening all of the bottles ;)

To all of the Mod's I hope you all managed to chill out and have some fun after all of the work on the day @ Pod

Lastly, to all the new friends and old acquaintances here is to next time :friday:

NB.

just for those that wonder, we came away from Drome, with a little cash left which I'm sure will be carried over to JAE.

Had a great weekend at supradome, nice to meet some new people and put a few faces to names.

I managed a good blast up and down dual carrageway this morning and a nice blast against a R6 on my way home from dropping trailer & motorhome off :D

I don't think he's come up against a good car before as he slowed down to 30 as soon has he could and gave thumbs up before turning off.

A great end to the weekend :cool:

:D Great meeting guys n gals

Great to meet some new Faces and some old ones ive not seen for a while, never seen so many MODs in one place was getting worried :p

Well done Tom for all the oranising the event even if some dont apprieciate all the effort you put in

Its was an effort with Chilli and Curry but got there in the end 4 hours to cook it :blink: Big thanks to Dragonlady and +1 ( Sharon and Ian ) for helping out with emergancy burgers :D

The Venue and weather was spot on too

Cheers

-Ian-

Blackie, Karolina, glad to finally meet you even if you were that little bit taller. I have sneaky suspicion that you and i could end up in trouble when we next meet up :), and I'll make sure to bring the Rape-Tape™. Congratulations on the announcement as well by the way, even if your missus likes me ;) almost forgot marc(paul weller)_p.

There wasent much in it Gav, My hair was spiked up (Tip for you, It adds an inch) so i looked taller :sly: We would DEFFINATLY end up in trouble next time, I will make sure of it :D The rape tape was hilarious, Gaz didnt seem to get it when i said it though :innocent: Cheers on the Congratulations mate, we have never been so embarresed in our entire lives but the Champagne went down well, Cheers to all involved in that. I now await a PM From "Marc the teenager P" asking who paul weller is :D

Ian Ian, drove to Supradrome to do the cooking, that man has a lot of love for this club.

And the Chilli / Curry was spot on, no complaints I am sure

Only from my poor stinging ring ;)

I loved it though thanks Ian..I had three helpings followed by a forth luke warm at midnight....I was asking for tummy trouble really wasn't I?

Only from my poor stinging ring ;)

I loved it though thanks Ian..I had three helpings followed by a forth luke warm at midnight....I was asking for tummy trouble really wasn't I?

I had rice and chilli first time round and thought it was great, then I had the curry on my next pass through and that was even better. Really great food.

I especially liked the flaming sausages of doom in the morning when the BBQ was thought to be out and actually wasnt.

Supradrome (may be renamed next year) will happen next year (but may be its own event and not tied to Suprapod depending on date), but will certainly happen and will be bigger and better.

I hadn't realised you were there Sabrina, sorry I didn't get to say hello. But then again I'm not sure I got to put names to many faces last night. :D

Mike

Oh yeah I was there. I was the one who couldn't park properly....

I especially liked the flaming sausages of doom in the morning when the BBQ was thought to be out and actually wasnt.

That was quite comic timing - after I'm sure I heard Tom say "nah it's just keeping warm"

I would also like to appologies Branners for chatting "At" you for so long, I do get carried away sometimes :D (I still want to be a mod though) :D

It was great talking to you and Karolina, we didnt chat last year as you had to head off a few times..Congratulations on the engagement.

thanks

Great night/weekend guys!!

Good to meet so many of you, and thanks for the doubles tom ;) they went down far to well, and came back up later in the evening :(

Good to see some old faces, p111ddy, wayney, corrupting my other half as always, you can take the boy out of london, but you cant take the london out the boy obviously ;)

Thanks to Darryl for putting up with us as always, Blackie and supradibbs, very funny people!

Will definatly mark it down on the calender for next year, looking forward to it already :)

What a great couple of days, was really nice to catch up with people.

Some great cars on track as well, it was nice to see the NorthWest main woman (Lynz) tearing the track up once again, and this year showed extra commitment by letting people strip her car down a bit. (I hope that everything has gone back together as it should). Gotta to say I loved Pig's showmanship as well, Red and Blue smoke - classic.

Thanks to the moderators for organising the event, but also a big thanks to Tom, Ian Ian and the person who lent the club the extra BBQ burners with out which people may not have got to sample Ian Ian's Hot, Hot Chilli :D.

Once again Tom and Ian pulled it out of the bag by ensuring that everyone was well fed and looked after, although I must admit to being grateful that the megaphone was nowhere to be seen this year.

Thanks again guys, already looking forward to come to next years.

Superb evening.... :)

Tom, fanastic lad, and cheers for the chilli, the beers and the good laugh, but don't call me I'll call you :)

Rob, happy birthday dude, next time, stick around we didn't a chance to gaffer-tape you to a tree. :)

Smarty, fantastic as well, chief driver for the Tom's pickup service ;)

Blackie, Karolina, glad to finally meet you even if you were that little bit taller. I have sneaky suspicion that you and could end up in trouble when we next meet up :), and I'll make sure to bring the Rape-Tape™. Congratulations on the announcement as well by the way, even if your missus likes me ;) almost forgot marc(paul weller)_p.

Jimbob and Mike 'Have you a got a fag'...well it was interesting ;)

Kearney, was a nice chat this morning and I loved your breakfast of champions, thanks for making the effort to come all the way from Ireland.

Gaz1...that is IF he remembers me ;) Supradibbs, good as always :)

And of course the 'Scrap-it racing wagon', which provided seating, a gas cooker and a bed for the night :)

thanks tom and gang for the brill stay over at billing hope is going to do next year .

and love the chats with the irish men kearney &tony hope you had a safe ride back

"Shaggers!!!" lol

Was a great day/eve/night. Glad I finally got to meet some of you. Cheers to Kearney for the sponge lol. I have never seen anyone wash their car with Lynx shower gel before :taped:

Cheers Jurgen for lending me your crash helmet, and thanks to everyone else for making it a top night :thumbs:

Hahah Cheers lads was nice to meet you'se 3. The shower gel did the trick for the time being alright. I knew it'd be usefull for something really important :innocent: :D Pity non of the ladies were attracted to the smell of my car... :eyebrows: :rolleyes:

Big cheers to all the lads for organising it, Tom fair play was a great bit of craic, steve, homer and branners nice to finally meet you'se all. I'll be over for the next trackday :)

Thanks everyone we had a great time, well Jule did when she recovered from her afternoon pre-party mixers! lol You were right Rob ;)

Sorry I didn't get to see anyone at Pod but as I finally got off the motorway and phoned Pete to see if I should turn up at 3pm he said "No, head straight to Billing, no one wants you here" :rolleyes:

Tom as ever you did a brilliant job with the party and the beer you sorted was spot on ;) IanR also has his uses now and again with his Tesco's discount. SteveR thanks, it was lovely to touch Kate up again :p

Great to share a beer with so many good friends again, hadn't been to an event all year and made me realise what I had been missing. Thanks Ian and Sharon (+1 & Dragonlady) for cooking me that burger after I had missed all the food while I was briefly away, you saved me life, I needed the energy! :D Thanks Wayney for offering me £10 for the burger, I should of taken it and bought fish and chips lol.

Still can't believe Wayney had to blag us into that pikey pub on site :blink: Supradibbs and Wayney dancing in the disco with kids and milfs is still an image I'm trying to forget though :(:D

It was a great plan to make the piss heads Jon, Gaz, and Dave all kip together miles away in the caravan of love too, they are such a bad influence as I keep telling Jule :D

Took me awhile to feel human again and post after Pete and Vicki wouldn't let us leave the pub until 6pm Sunday night! Great lunch :)

Maybe see you all at JAE :innocent: