The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post SupraPod 09 discussion thread

Gerry

Great day guys, big thunmbs up to all the moderators and the effort they put in. Especially Steve organising all the bookings :D

Really enjoyed it but was disapointed with the times. Was all lost in the first 1000ft as I could not get of the line and 2nd just span the rears all the way to the rev limit. Need more practice I think

i have proof of this aswel :p

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the drift was good,really good. am going to do a dwyb day in a couple of months. need to sort the power steering thou as my fluid boiled!!

Check it wasn't overfilled, if by 'boiling' you mean it sprayed everywhere out of the top? :)

I'll definitely be doing a dywb day, really enjoyed the drifting. I need to get the car fixed (again) first..

what have you done now???!!!

also have your 1st drift attempt on vid! :D

I know you do, did a lot better later on but you didn't have the courtesy to record those attempts did you! :p

One wheel stud sheared when I changed back to my road wheels, and part of the undertray fell off when I was driving home - hopefully I haven't broken anything else by pulling the remains off.

Had a great time, thanks to John and his bro for being my sat nav.

Thanks also to gaz for showing me whos who.

Shame about about the convoy by the time we where out of the services the main lot where long gone.

Laugh of the day was my nephew calling Jamies car "the super supra" all day

I have to say despite all appearances I had a good day, despite the fact I didnt get to catch up with anyone or see anything. My turbo had destroyed all the blades inside and on the Friday it took me all afternoon to get the damn thing off, I got the car back home from the garage Friday evening and put the turbo and manifold back on in the dark. Then put the car on the truck in the morning and picked up Archie's mental sounding Mustang, god that thing was loud. So got to Pod about 10:00 and me and Gav thought all we had to do was connect up the oil and water lines and we would be away, this however took 3 times longer then expected, and after some post install issues dropping oil everywhere we finally got it sorted about 16:30 lol. So went out for the last few drift runs. Was really enjoying and very quickly settled into the track and was loving that back puddle getting the misses wet through the passenger window but then due to reasons which Im not sure of I nearly set the car on fire, pulled in, lots of black smoke pouring out from under the hood, I could see it was thick smoke and was expecting to lift the bonnet and flames ignite, shouted to anyone around for a fire extinguisher, totally forgetting the car has a plumbed in fire extinguisher lol, not that it would have been much use, due to BDC spec regs the nozzle for the engine bay has to be situated on the fuel side, not the turbo side, which is realistically gonna be where most fires are, but lifted the bonnet to find a melted cam cover, burst water line and a few other bits and pieces melted, thankfully nothing major, but she must have been minutes away from full on going up in flames lol.

Still after spending 6 hours fitting that bastard turbo, as I went out Gav did say to me dont break it, to which I replied Im gonna drive it like I stole it, drifters rule, never lift off lol and I didnt. But the half hour I was out there I it was great.....

Still some more work to do on the car now lol.......

Massive thanks to Gav for helping, Ryan G's mate and Rob who lent me some oil, and the guys at the end with the fire extinguisher, cant even remember now who's it was but I know the pin was pulled on it because of me so if you let me know how much I owe you for a new fire extinguisher I will sort you out.

I have 2 pictures and one bit of video from all day, so if someone starts a media thread I would be interested to see how everyone else got on, very rarely get to see Supra's drifting, and I'll put mine up.....also just took a pic of my slightly charred engine bay, it still smells of fire lol....

Edited by Suprash (see edit history)

I have to say sorry to whoever was driving the fiesta... I directed them into the spectator area... whoops ;) Fair to running it though. Glad to see all had a great day even if mine was spent under bonnet :) The few minutes of skidding we had were great so makes it all worth it.

I have to say sorry to whoever was driving the fiesta... I directed them into the spectator area... whoops ;) Fair to running it though. Glad to see all had a great day even if mine was spent under bonnet :) The few minutes of skidding we had were great so makes it all worth it.

Looking back Im quite gutted I missed so much now, I would have loved to watch the Supras going sideways but I was so determined not to let it beat us, I really thought it would have had it nailed earlier........sorry for making you miss the day too mate, but you're a legend, as always ;)

Just got back after the car park M4/M25!

Had a great day and weekend, the supra's at this event are getting nicer every year we do this :thumbs: Some good times being put in, but it seemed just that little bit too warm to get the best out of the cars. Grip seemed to be the biggest issue of the day.

Really friendly crowd and atmosphere, met far too many people to remember! :D

Pod *will* be in the events calendar next year :thumbs:

PS: I have a print out of EVERY run for the day (36 page print off with 36 runs per page - that means we got around 1200 drag runs in during the day :D). Just need to load it into a spreadsheet and sort by owner and car type

Had a cracking weekend. :)

Weather was spiffing, although rather hot for dragging. Spat a 13.2 out which is way below par what I expected although It turns out, the missfire is back :(

Spent most of the day "wasp dancing" and watching others doing the same :D Missus got stung which did not go down too well!

Took only a handful of photos, which is a shame but it looked like everyone and their mum had a snapper out.

Managed to catch up with a few members and of course meet some more. :) But there is never enough time to be able to fit catching up and meeting, ever!

The evenings entertainment was superb, haven't laughed like that for a while. Burna, Piddy, Gaz, Pig and Dave and anyone else I have missed off (There are others but have forgot your names) you guys are a hoot. "Shaggers" = Leg-end, enough said :D

marksupra's boy :)

3. blackie looks like Pancho from Dirty Sanchez.

12. blackie and marc_p are definately dating, im sure of it!

B0!!0x do i!! Marc likes to hang around with me at shows as it makes him look better :D Loving the flames Adnan, I'm going to have a crack at it

Marc is still worried that pikey he upset turns up at a meet.:D

he upset another last night at the hotel, She threatend to give us all a slap lol

ow no wonder why he wanted to keep swapping cars with you blackie!

Interesting story about that coming up soon :) Cheers to everyone involved in sorting the day, Brilliant time

That was my lad, he's hooked now. I'd better hide my keys :D

Had a fantastic day at the pod, thanks to all who organized it. Good to meet up with a few members again.:)

Edited by markssupra (see edit history)