The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post SupraPod 09 discussion thread

Gerry

2. my first race with lui, he reversed to get the car lined up and forgot to put the car in drive! so lights go green i take off forward, he takes off backwards lol! i laughed my a$$ off all the way down the strip!

I think I may have this on film! Certainly made me laugh out loud! [GRIN][/GRIN]

Also, who was it who stopped just short of the Cafe to look in their engine bay, only to leave the handbrake off and watched the car start to roll away??

The sheer panic on their face was priceless!!

(Personally I wouldnt have jumped in front of it to stop it though!! :blink:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have this on film! Certainly made me laugh out loud! [GRIN][/GRIN]

Also, who was it who stopped just short of the Cafe to look in their engine bay, only to leave the handbrake off and watched the car start to roll away??

ow! i heard about that one!!! never got to see it though! would have been great, might have been lui actually!!! lol

Was a great day! Massive thanks to all the organisers, Was an extremely well run day :)

Nice to catch up with some members, Big thanks to Wayne for sorting my boost problems out, Managed a 13.2 but definately think i couldve done better, but car started to get a tad hot a the end of the day.

Ive got a few pics but my memory card reader is playing up so will upload as soon as i can. I did get a couple from the professional photographer which are ace! :cool:

That was Hoff and me:p

He eased off before the line with the car making a strange noise, came round to me and thought he had damaged something....i pointed out that he had hit the limiter and done the run in 2nd:blink:

Anyways he pulls up the handbrake and gets out the car to check.....revs the engine, i manage to dive out the way as he's still got the bloody thing in 2nd......

Hope nobody got it on video:d

Was a great weekend, glad to put the faces to the names! Well done to the lads who organised it! Was well worth coming over for! :D :D :D

I was delighted with my time of 14.53 @ 94.4mph which was brilliant for a manual N/A :D

I've some videos and pictures that will be up later so I'll post them up :)

Was a great weekend, glad to put the faces to the names! Well done to the lads who organised it! Was well worth coming over for! :D :D :D

I was delighted with my time of 14.53 @ 94.4mph which was brilliant for a manual N/A :D

Was nice talking to you while quing up for our run mate! Congratulations on your time as well very respectable!

Great day! My first experience of drag racing, mostly in the 13s but great fun!

many thanks to Branners, Steve and the rest of the team for all their efforts making it such a successful day.

Congratulations Jamie and Jurgen, great results (can't believe how fast that GTR shifts, sounded like an F1 box!)

Also, many many thanks for the Rik Gardiner award, very much appreciated. Great club, great people, great day!

If anybody was wondering who's was the disgustingly muddy black Civic Type R that had a few goes with Soo, it was me :)

Soo (who brought the Civic over) was camping at the Bulldog Bash from Thursday in a mud bath and she joined me for the afternoon before going back there for sat night fun.

They banned me from running at first until I "cleaned" the worst off (quite rightly too) !

Had three runs before my ego was battered and I called a white flag.

The Civic seemed to spin on the line for minutes before moving and only on the first run did I get away from Soo for a hundred feet or so - then she passed me (and she was still taking it easy) the Civic's best time was an embarrassing 16.0.

Saying that the Supes got about twice the BHP !

Next year, I'm bringing the bike :D

Great day! My first experience of drag racing, mostly in the 13s but great fun!

many thanks to Branners, Steve and the rest of the team for all their efforts making it such a successful day.

Congratulations Jamie and Jurgen, great results (can't believe how fast that GTR shifts, sounded like an F1 box!)

Also, many many thanks for the Rik Gardiner award, very much appreciated. Great club, great people, great day!

ill have you next year bud! when ryan maps my car up your my target! lol

14 second for a manual na is realy good congrats, dont think i got that 1 on video :thumbs: