The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I Now Have a 10 second Car!

JamieP

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Jamie thats good going in a 6 speed, putting mine in next week with the big turbo and 1200 cc injectors.

What diff were you running, I noticed you changed into 5th. Did you have launch control on???

Shame you have retired from drag racing dude I was looking forward to showing you how its done!!!!:eyebrows:

Like you said yours is a proper street car which is even more impressive thats why ive put the air con back in mine and a couple of amps!!!

Once again nice one dude:search:

Well done Jamie thats good going in a 6 speed, putting mine in next week with the big turbo and 1200 cc injectors.

What diff were you running, I noticed you changed into 5th. Did you have launch control on???

Shame you have retired from drag racing dude I was looking forward to showing you how its done!!!!:eyebrows:

Like you said yours is a proper street car which is even more impressive thats why ive put the air con back in mine and a couple of amps!!!

Once again nice one dude:search:

Hey mate,

Stock TT6 diff.

It was either coast across the line in 4th or change upto 5th for the last second, times was the same both ways, a higher rev limit would be best.

No launch control.

Maybe in a couple of years i might have another go;)

Sounds good, just thought of something i really want to do, GATEBIL next year and kick some arse:cool:

you should really do that! I've been there to 2 last years, and hands down, it's the best motoring event I've ever attended. lots of race and tracktime, the crazyest cars in scandinavia and rock solid partying :-)

congrats on the 10's btw :-)

looks it from your sig spec!!

whats ur bhp? nice big stage 4 PHR!

790 flywheel bhp so far @ 1.6 and it's stupid fast on the road bit scary when u get to 4th. I ve just ordered a methanol kit with Dimitri, plans are 2.2 on meth and race fuel. I'm hoping to reach 900, last week I beat a 4x4 sunny 650@the wheels on going from 2nd gear which was doing a 10.8 at the dragstrip.I'm aiming high:)

790 flywheel bhp so far @ 1.6 and it's stupid fast on the road bit scary when u get to 4th. I ve just ordered a methanol kit with Dimitri, plans are 2.2 on meth and race fuel. I'm hoping to reach 900, last week I beat a 4x4 sunny 650@the wheels on going from 2nd gear which was doing a 10.8 at the dragstrip.I'm aiming high:)

It probably broke during the run bud. The 60ft times of a gti-r are insane so don't count your chickens. You will need one hell of a launch and the 20's will need to be sitting in the garage.

Jamie, bloody well done bud. That truely is an awesome achievement. Fast and the furious made everyone think that every tuned jap cars are 10 second cars. Its a whole different ballgame in the real world though so proper congratulations.

Can i suggest 1 tiny little thing before you hang up your 1/4 mile celebration. Get into 10's with your road wheels. That would be one hell of an achievement. Is there any way of running 2bar on 99 fuel? I'm thinking that might be asking a bit much but it would be another feat if you could get the car down the line in total "street" form.

Have you tried a run with your road wheels & 99 ron fuel before? That would HAVE to be a first surely?

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

Stop the chit-chat and and get it on the track Kostas :D Words mean nothing, get it's performance timed and prove to us that the car is fast ;) Until then we'll assume it runs a 16 and has no grip :innocent:

Fast and the furious made everyone think that every tuned jap cars are 10 second cars. Its a whole different ballgame in the real world though

Shhhh......this is viewable to the public.

Everyone down the pub thinks mines a ten second car:D

Congrats on the time anyway Jamie :thumbs: