The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I Now Have a 10 second Car!

JamieP

Have to say Jamie, hats off to you, I was thinking that no one with a street car in the UK was ever going to get into the 10's in a manual. :innocent:

Well chuffed for you :cool:

Congrats m8, brilliant run with a spot on launch and bril changes :thumbs:

You can tell in the 2nd vid it's gonna be good when you get the revs just right for full on grip without wheelspin and without falling off boost - it's a great feeling that :)

Yep, it really hooked up there!

I also think that most people would not have got the same results as Jamie even if the were in Jamie's. In drag racing you need no mechanical sympathy and balls of steel, something which Jamie luckily has :D

Gaz

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say Jamie, hats off to you, I was thinking that no one with a street car in the UK was ever going to get into the 10's in a manual. :innocent:

Well chuffed for you :cool:

Yep, it really hooked up there!

I also think that most people would not have got the same results as Jamie even if the were in Jamie's. In drag racing you need no mechanical sympathy and balls of steel, something which Jamie luckily has :D

Gaz

Thanks mate:thumbs:

Quieten it down a bit and have a crack at winning Vmax next year maybe, also fancy the odd ring trip.

You would love the ring mate its ace. Ill be putting my name down for the club trip next year. There were discussions about doing Spa in the same trip next year :D o'rouge - oh yes :eyebrows:

You would love the ring mate its ace. Ill be putting my name down for the club trip next year. There were discussions about doing Spa in the same trip next year :D o'rouge - oh yes :eyebrows:

Yeah fancy the ring, can you hire proper race instructors there?

Its good. I doubt they will take you out in your car for instruction. Its all about how they can make money with experiences (ring taxi etc). However they do have driving tuition in the BMW's (there were loads of the training cars knocking about) but I never saw anywhere when you could book it.

Its good. I doubt they will take you out in your car for instruction. Its all about how they can make money with experiences (ring taxi etc). However they do have driving tuition in the BMW's (there were loads of the training cars knocking about) but I never saw anywhere when you could book it.

Sounds good, just thought of something i really want to do, GATEBIL next year and kick some arse:cool:

Quieten it down a bit and have a crack at winning Vmax next year maybe, also fancy the odd ring trip.

Vmax would be cool. Hitting the 200MPH barrier could be a good challenge.

Sounds good, just thought of something i really want to do, GATEBIL next year and kick some arse:cool:

Im still well up for going to this next year. Even more so if you are going to run!

Im still well up for going to this next year. Even more so if you are going to run!

Be a great event, be good to get a few of us going, have to get a thread going around xmas, your job is to talk Gaz into getting another supra mate;)

jamie well done mate, you edged me just again...:(

still happy finshing second, bet you got a little worried when i hit 11.1 then took my interior out lol, (it made no difference lol)

my first run was 11.3..when it was bit cooler (wish i had used launch - for sure a ten second there).. never mind..:(

so my best times were x4 back to back 11.1s, x2 11.2s, x2 11.3s and the rest were anything from 11.4 to 11.8..

really happy with my times which makes my r35 the fastest in eu but not for long i dont think..

me and my mates had a great time , met many new and old faces...

great day, organised well...

look forward to next time....

a 10 sec pass - we will see (but i think i will do it):D

jamie well done mate, you edged me just again...:(

still happy finshing second, bet you got a little worried when i hit 11.1 then took my interior out lol, (it made no difference lol)

my first run was 11.3..when it was bit cooler (wish i had used launch - for sure a ten second there).. never mind..:(

so my best times were x4 back to back 11.1s, x2 11.2s, x2 11.3s and the rest were anything from 11.4 to 11.8..

really happy with my times which makes my r35 the fastest in eu but not for long i dont think..

me and my mates had a great time , met many new and old faces...

great day, organised well...

look forward to next time....

a 10 sec pass - we will see (but i think i will do it):D

You did well mate, tbh i was hoping you was gonna get a 10 as i see you really wanted it, i knew i was not racing against you for the trophies anyhow:)

That looks great, I'd be up for going to that!

Thats three of us now:)

Jurgen, what have you done to yours?? You make it look so simple in the vid posted in the multimedia scetion :)

5zigen y pipe

5zigen titanium ex

gtc turbo outlets

aam comp large actuators

hks filters

gtc custom map (still needs a few more tweeks)

hks ssqv

hks racing plugs

i might make a race fuel map for next time..

but to get any more now i need engine and box out (turbos and uprated gears ) with better fueling....

but am not going there

tbh if you was not such a good driver i would of been overall first..

btw which supra finished second ??

leep?

There is only one first:p maybe next year will be for you as i wont be running:d;)

im hoping a mod will have all the results later, i know the pod was giving homer a full list of all times:)

tbh if you was not such a good driver i would of been overall first..

btw which supra finished second ??

leep?

Well done Jurgen. The 10s run will come, you were so close.

Think Michel beat me by 0.02 seconds, was very close. :)

Colin should have been well in the 11s just could get any grip. :(

Congratulations Jamie that is a big achievement for a manual car, its a lot tougher than people realise, well done mate :thumbs: