The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car scratched at ACE

supradibbs

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you get your nail in to the scratch? If you can't it is repairable with paint correction by any good detailer as there will be enough paint thickness on there as it's just been sprayed. Otherwise I have seen people round the ends off of a deep scratch and it makes it look alot less visible. Before you get it resprayed it's worth having a detailer look at it. Affection To Detail is just down the road from you, or speak to Tom on here.

Edited by SupraGirlie (see edit history)

Sorry to hear this mate, could have been worse though, I went to ace in my old supra, and some muppet smashed into it,then drove off!!

I can't link the pictures as I'm in work, but the N/S front wing was stoved in, what made it worse (and more expensive) is my car was all blended. :(

I'll never take my car to the ace cafe again.

Sorry to hear this especially on a car like yours!!:Pling:

What i want to know is how people think they have the right to sit on other people's cars to have a photo taken when they can obviously see that they have spent alot of time and money in making it look so nice and yet they think sitting on it is acceptable and wont mark the paint!!

I understand people want to have a close look at the cars as i do too but theres no need to get that close to scratch it what a bunch of donuts (to put it lightly)!!!:mad:

My old car still has a scratched bum print on the bonnet when some lass though it clever to have her bloke take a picture of her sat on it. I went mental... she cried, her boyfriend nearly did too :blink:

Did you say anything to them?

You should have told her to get her fat arse off the bonnet (even if she is a size 6) i would have :p

I once saw a sign on a show car at a Ford show,

'Do not touch/sit on this car unless you are completely naked' ;)

I turned up and couldn't get a space in the car park, so I parked in the parking area to the left (amoungst loads of other supes). When I came back to the car at the end of the evening, I found it like this. Someone has clipped the front and not bothered stopping. Can't believe no one saw it either, the place was packed.....

Hey ho, put it down to experience, I'll not be going back there.

I turned up and couldn't get a space in the car park, so I parked in the parking area to the left (amoungst loads of other supes). When I came back to the car at the end of the evening, I found it like this. Someone has clipped the front and not bothered stopping. Can't believe no one saw it either, the place was packed.....

Hey ho, put it down to experience, I'll not be going back there.

Wouldn't you know what car was parked next to you? :(

There must have been a photo of it