The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra required for magazine photoshoot

Guest Ben Barry

Mine is UK6 in black, totally standard but for wheels, cat back exhaust and a BOV in the engine bay (I do have the original parts but wouldn't be able to change them in time for the shoot which I cant attend as I'm working on-site that day).

Anyway, mines got too many door dings to be magazine worthy. it'd be good for stock interior shots though! ;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this the Ben Barry who started in Max Power with a little sideway action in a E36 M3...who now works for CAR magazine, and the last article in the latest issue was you test driving the new yellow Ferrari F430 Scuderia 16M? (Good article) If so then give this man a good car which he will show us some good sideways action!

The pictures from this magazine are amazing, the cars they test drive you only sit and dream of (apart from the budget ones!).

Mine is stockish (minus it having 17inch after market alloys, though riding on stock size tyres) It is a TT Auto but at least

you could write in the mag how ahead these gearboxes were of their time!

OK well to try and help whittle this down but still improve on the car Ben has already:

1 - Which Club Member owns the BEST >99.9% stock manual UK (TT)?

2 - Which Club Member owns the BEST >99.9% stock tiptronic Facelift TT?

3 - Which Club Member owns the BEST >99.9% stock manual Facelift TT?

- either volunteers or suggestions welcomed and we can ask the owner if they're free that day/happy to have their car reviewed & featured.

My suggestion for #2 is still Pete.

OK well to try and help whittle this down but still improve on the car Ben has already:

1 - Which Club Member owns the BEST >99.9% stock manual UK (TT)?

2 - Which Club Member owns the BEST >99.9% stock tiptronic Facelift TT?

3 - Which Club Member owns the BEST >99.9% stock manual Facelift TT?

- either volunteers or suggestions welcomed and we can ask the owner if they're free that day/happy to have their car reviewed & featured.

My suggestion for #2 is still Pete.

I think you should scrap the UK TT off, no matter now much they are held in high esteem on here, it's irrelevant to the wider reader as facelifts have the appearance edge, and in stock form the VVTI engines are better performers.

As for 6 speed manual or tiptronic I'm unsure as to which is the better option, either would suffice. Both good enough.

Guest Ben Barry

Thanks to everyone who's helped out with this - the response has been hugely impressive, certainly the best I've ever experienced with any requests like this.

After much deliberation, we've settled on Simon Taylor's car. He seems to be in meetings at the moment and can't talk much, but has confirmed he'll be there. I'll let you know asap if this falls through.

Abz, yes I do have a shameful past, but we have to start somewhere and I'm a reformed character now!

As for sideways, don't worry, I'll save that for my own car. Should be a great shoot.

Should we clear the chit chat from this thread?

Perhaps the supermods and some carefully selected others could put their heads together to come up with a short list and then add a pole?

;) Thanks mate but mines not stock enough I bet. If the stock look criteria was stretched I'd vote for Michaels anyway as I'm sure his paint work is stunning.

I was just going on the body, I couldn't remember what you're running mate:D

Thanks to everyone who's helped out with this - the response has been hugely impressive, certainly the best I've ever experienced with any requests like this.

After much deliberation, we've settled on Simon Taylor's car. He seems to be in meetings at the moment and can't talk much, but has confirmed he'll be there. I'll let you know asap if this falls through.

Abz, yes I do have a shameful past, but we have to start somewhere and I'm a reformed character now!

As for sideways, don't worry, I'll save that for my own car. Should be a great shoot.

Good choice, looks like a nice example with most of the 'optional extra' box's ticked :)

Perhaps the supermods and some carefully selected others could put their heads together to come up with a short list and then add a pole?

I was just going on the body, I couldn't remember what you're running mate:D

Or you could do that:D Good choice. When's the issue due out, do you know yet?

Great to hear that... we are a pretty helpful bunch, some of the mods on the forum come round and work on my car for free inc parts!

(remember guys you are putting in a single turbo in this weekend) :D

Nothing shameful, your articles are more grown up since you been in CAR and if

you ever need me to fill in for you when your off sick or holidaying you know where to find me :)

Get a few sideway shots if you can (or the owner lets you)!

Guest Ben Barry

We'll have to keep the line up slightly secret for now, but you can probably have a guess at the rest - the icons basically.

Thanks

Ben

Right guys i have said i will do this but i just hope my car is up to the standard etc! :Pling:

Im sure i wouldnt be everybody's choice but thought id put my name out there! :)

I just hope i dont let anyone down as im sure everyone will have high expectations and if my car gets slagged then i apologise although i would hope it should be fine :rolleyes:

I suppose i better get out and clean it now :)

Right guys i have said i will do this but i just hope my car is up to the standard etc! :Pling:

Im sure i wouldnt be everybody's choice but thought id put my name out there! :)

I just hope i dont let anyone down as im sure everyone will have high expectations and if my car gets slagged then i apologise although i would hope it should be fine :rolleyes:

I suppose i better get out and clean it now :)

Your car is stunning mate! Dont think they would slate yours!