The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra required for magazine photoshoot

Guest Ben Barry

Thanks for the swift replies everyone. Michael, we'll have to pick one car and go with that to represent the Supra - we just don't have enough pages, even though this is getting a lot of pages. Mike, your car looks great, and, if it came to it, I'm sure we could shoot your car, then drive a TT at a later date - not an ideal solution, but certainly workable.

Sounds like the best option would be to just scrap the other cars and do a Supra article instead :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One question we need to ask ourselves is what would we want to represent the Supra in a major magazine like this?

The outcome of the article could have a positive / negative effect on the demand and value of our prized machines ;)

Personally I think a UK6 in black says everything that needs to be said of a standard car, failing that a late facelift J-Spec manual would do. Would be nice if they could drive an auto at a later date just to give it a mention in the article though.

One with a nice OEM kit aswell would really add to it in the looks department.:)

Thanks for the swift replies everyone. Michael, we'll have to pick one car and go with that to represent the Supra - we just don't have enough pages, even though this is getting a lot of pages. Mike, your car looks great, and, if it came to it, I'm sure we could shoot your car, then drive a TT at a later date - not an ideal solution, but certainly workable.

Thanks bud :) drop me a PM if you need me :)

well I thought Bobbeh's would be a good one ;)

Indeed, I'm just bitter than he didn't sell it to me all those years ago ;)

One with a nice OEM kit aswell would really add to it in the looks department.:)

Agreed, might as well include all the options we can, I'm not a fan of the OEM kit with standard 17's though, seems to make them look even more inset than they do already.

Hopefully there will be increased interest once lunchtime and this evening come along, not everyone is a work-shy slacker than checks the forum during the day :)

I have a stockish Supra and I'm free on the 22nd!

Have a look in my garage to see if its stockish enough?! :)

He's not a member so he won't be able to see your pics, do a photobucket link.

Oh and yours would be a very nice one for it, although it should be sprayed red :D

He's not a member so he won't be able to see your pics, do a photobucket link.

Oh and yours would be a very nice one for it, although it should be sprayed red :D

Can anyone post any pics from my garage on here at all as I'm on my mobile at the moment as I'm just going into a meeting :)

EDIT-i don't have the stock wheels anymore they are the TTE ones now :)

There's enough UK spec TT owners on here who may be able to help to some extent.

Also it may be worth your time just flicking through the classifieds section as a few UK TT's were advertised and you could send the owners a private message to alert them.

...and I would need to gather some driving impressions - but the owner could sit alongside and I wouldn't drive the car hard.

Hi Ben, just a minor point (perhaps) but can you confirm appropriate insurance arrangements when you do accept someone's offer.

FWIW: I would suggest Pete's 1998 RSP VVTi tiptronic as it's in great condition, low miles, slightly BPU but otherwise stock - UNLESS a manual car can better that suggestion.

Mine is fairly stock to look at, lowered a bit and 18s. Maby borrow some stock wheels? And it is a TT6 and im only in cambridge so not far away!

As we're looking to present the Supra in the a fair light, and as yours is lowered and fitted with 18s, it will drive badly Vs stock, unless you have done it all properly?

Either way, it'll certainly be different to stock, which is what's being asked for.

Nothing personal, but nearly stock apart from these major differences isn't stock.

Guest Ben Barry

Steve, we have insurance cover arranged through Bauer Media, CAR's publishing house. I have one good car free for the full day (white, auto, 1996, totally stock). Yes, manual would probably be preferable, but autos are a very common option (more common as I remember, but I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong…).

As CAR magazine is a respectable magazine this is quite an important decision.

The supra that goes forward has to be the cream of the crop off the line.

I seriously think this involves a vote from the club on which car should have this prestigeous hounour.

Personally. it would have to cover these bases for me:

- Facelift VVTI TT

- 6 speed or Triptronic

- OEM bodykit

- Most of the optional goodies.

- Leather Recaro seats

- Pristine condition with low mileage

- Colour: Not red, black, white or silver. Gunmetal or the facelift blue are the best colours to bring out the supra's lines.

staylors car is definately the best option presented in this thread so far

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

As CAR magazine is the a respectable magazine this is quite an important decision.

The supra that goes forward has to be the cream of the crop off the line.

I serious think this involves a vote from the club on which car should have this prestigeous hounour.

Personally. it would have to cover these bases for me:

- Facelift VVTI TT

- 6 speed or Triptronic

- OEM bodykit

- Most of the optional goodies.

- Leather Recaro seats

- Pristine condition with low mileage

- Colour: Not red, black, white or silver. Gunmetal or the facelift blue are the best colours to bring out the supra's lines.

staylors car is definately the best option presented in this thread so far

I concur.

Only the finest example should be used, this will obviously be a late model VVTI.

If they go to print and you find that the writer has slated the supra in comparison to the other cars, we'll all regret not finding the best example we could.

I concur.

Only the finest example should be used, this will obviously be a late model VVTI.

If they go to print and you find that the writer has slated the supra in comparison to the other cars, we'll all regret not finding the best example we could.

Indeed :goodpost:

I might put mine forward.................about time i got some nice pics put up of it anyhow.

I have loads of stock wheels but none are mint (refurb is on the to do list) so would need to borrow a mint set to complete the exceptionally clean stock look.

As a few that may be interested will have the same problem, is there anyone out there with a mint set of stock 17's they would be willing to let someone borrow?