The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra required for magazine photoshoot

Guest Ben Barry

Thanks to everyone who's helped out with this - the response has been hugely impressive, certainly the best I've ever experienced with any requests like this.

After much deliberation, we've settled on Simon Taylor's car.

Thanks again. It will be out on Aug 19.

Nice one. :)

(No more offers then guys)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a few that may be interested will have the same problem, is there anyone out there with a mint set of stock 17's they would be willing to let someone borrow?

I have a set of refurbed 17's done about 200 miles on them with pilot sports on, though not so much tread on the rears. Simon if you want to borrow them that's cool? I'm going to the Ross on Wye meet on Sat and onto Gloucester after, though might need some help to get them all the way?

Excellent news!

Congratulations Simon, yours is truely a fine example of what a stock supra should look like. Perfect for the job :thumbs:

And congratulations Ben, you have a fine car there for you shoot

:friday:

Now Simon, get polishing that car like your life depends on it! :D

Right guys, Just thought id let everyone know that i travelled to Rockingham raceway yesterday to take part in this photoshoot for Car magazine!

Quite a long trek but once i arrived they wanted the car straight away in the pit garage for shots of the engine bay and interior!

I then had to go out on the bowl for a rolling photo shot with another car behind me, that was a bit long as i had to go round 3 times as the guy behind me wasnt close enough and they couldnt get the right shots!!

Ben then took it for a "test drive" and asked a few questions about the car. I also pointed him back in the direction of this site and asked to see if he could mention it in the mag as its such a useful pot of info etc, but if not hopefully they would have got the club sticker in one of the shots as its on both windows either side of my car:)

Finally we had a big aerial group photo (not actually from a plane or anything just up high:)) and then another one all in a line for a small part on the front cover!

There were some very nice cars there indeed however im not allowed to tell anybody until the magazine has been released :(

On the up side I will get a magazine sent through to me before it goes on sale and a disc with all the photos on it from the day oh and my fuel paid so cant complain!!:)

Sounds like it went well and nice of you to spare the time to get the Supra noticed in the magazine. I'm sure theyw ill mention the Supra forum, magazines always list their sources for cars, info etc for the features they do.

Let me know when its out and I'll get a copy.

Sounds like it went well and nice of you to spare the time to get the Supra noticed in the magazine. I'm sure theyw ill mention the Supra forum, magazines always list their sources for cars, info etc for the features they do.

Let me know when its out and I'll get a copy.

Hope they do mention the forum i plugged it enough :D!!

I was told it is released on August 19th ;)

does the Supra get a great or best overall verdict??? :)

From what i heard him talking about it doesnt get the Best overall verdict out of all of the other cars but he was impressed with it compared to the majority of the others that were there :)

From what i heard him talking about it doesnt get the Best overall verdict out of all of the other cars but he was impressed with it compared to the majority of the others that were there :)

Hmm, I'm going to have to read the article, having owned some older and modern high performance, the Supra IMO is still a class act, can't see there being anything that is better unless you start talking R34 GTR, NSX etc but even then..

Hmm, I'm going to have to read the article, having owned some older and modern high performance, the Supra IMO is still a class act, can't see there being anything that is better unless you start talking R34 GTR, NSX etc but even then..

You will have to wait and see then what cars are in the mag ;)

I wish i could tell you all what cars were in there so you know but im not alllowed :(