The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first single turbo experience..WHOAAAAA

supra_aero

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the waste gate that makes that jet take off like sound.

Wategates are actually very quite, the loud screaming sound would be the Screamer pipe (Im assuming it just exits back out to atmosphere rather than back through the exhaust).

Wategates are actually very quite, the loud screaming sound would be the Screamer pipe (Im assuming it just exits back out to atmosphere rather than back through the exhaust).

No its not, the wastegate makes all the noise, the screamer pipe just points the hot air away from anything it might melt.

I reckon someone who has never been in one should definitely prop a camera up before the run and film their reactions.

I'll volunteer! I think I'd scream like a girl though. I'd love to have a passenger ride in a BPU or single turbo supra one day. I own an NA, so I rarely go above 60mph. *note to self: must go to more meets *

No its not, the wastegate makes all the noise, the screamer pipe just points the hot air away from anything it might melt.

The noise is created when the exhaust gas exits the wastegate via the Screamer pipe and dumped into the atmosphere hence the name 'Screamer', in the same way, its the exhaust system (Blitz, RSR, Boost logic) that makes all the noise and not the exhaust manifold.

Edited by wkdtime (see edit history)

So that was you Adnan? I believe a friend might have seen you flying past! He commented that I should sell my TT Supe because their must be something wrong with it! lol, He was in a Black S3 At least I can now tell him it was a single!

Single Supra's are awesome, but don't discount a single RX7.

Driven a T51R RX7 and it is a completely different driving experience as well, felt more savage due to the driver positioning, however actual results were pretty close, with the Supe just edging it at the Top.

Having experienced over 500hp in a Subaru/Skyline/RX7/ and now a Supra, I can safely say the Supra is the most comfortable and least scary out of all of them, however top end it probably is the quickest.

The noise is created when the exhaust gas exits the wastegate via the Screamer pipe and dumped into the atmosphere hence the name 'Screamer', in the same way, its the exhaust system (Blitz, RSR, Boost logic) that makes all the noise and not the exhaust manifold.

You said

Wategates are actually very quite

I assume you mean quiet?

If you take the screamer pipe off they sound almost the same, so the are not "actually very quite":d

Never been in a single Sup before, hoping to maybe get a passenger ride in John's (Hodge) or Jay's (jevansio) some day ;)

I have however been privelaged enough to be a passenger in Jurgen's old single RX-7 and f*** me that was something special! :cool: