The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first single turbo experience..WHOAAAAA

supra_aero

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had a single experience. I'm getting too used to my TT now! But if I save up, I just think why BPU when I can go single... especially after seeing how much the stock internals can take thanks to Jamie.

Has Adnan still got his car? I've only just recently returned to the forum scene... Is he still looking for somewhere to put his car?

Never had a single experience. I'm getting too used to my TT now! But if I save up, I just think why BPU when I can go single... especially after seeing how much the stock internals can take thanks to Jamie.

Has Adnan still got his car? I've only just recently returned to the forum scene... Is he still looking for somewhere to put his car?

He's broken it up for parts as he had to sell it...

Owned a lot of different cars, nothing quite compares to the power delivery of a single turbo be it Supra (had 2 singles) or Skyline (had 2 singles)

Used to do a few test drives in the Turbo fit days, we all know the history around TF but I must say it was always a good fun place to meet at the weekend and a quick car pick up often ended up in serval hours of chat and giving people test drives :D

Well this has completely thrown me. I was really looking forward to a TT BPU for my 1st supra as i had a test ride in one and loved it but from what iv heard now its a little dissapointing compared with what a single can do. Do i do a bit more saving and get a single or buy a TT and convert in later down the line?!

Roughly how much am i looking at for a single conversion?

Well this has completely thrown me. I was really looking forward to a TT BPU for my 1st supra as i had a test ride in one and loved it but from what iv heard now its a little dissapointing compared with what a single can do. Do i do a bit more saving and get a single or buy a TT and convert in later down the line?!

Roughly how much am i looking at for a single conversion?

Have a read of this.....

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=203733

;)

TT BPU on your first Supra will scare the willies out of you (if you run 1.2bar or a little bit more). It is a different league to a stock car.

A single turbo is not the same sort of step up from BPU as BPU is from stock. It may be quicker but you would feel happy with a BPU unless you go up against something more powerful.

I stopped playing the power games when I did a 12 second 1/4 mile and was beaten by over a second by another Supra. I never once found the car lacking on the road though and it used to bring a smile to my face whenever I overtook something.

Try BPU, it is around £10k cheaper than going for a proper single with ECU and mapping.

i dont think ill ever let my supra go!

So sad....

dont get me wrong, i have had a single and twin and ill be honest, i prefer twins.

I've had both too....i prefer a well setup single anyday :)

Everyone has different desires, expectations and sized pockets.....guess thats what makes it so interesting ;)

So sad....

I've had both too....i prefer a well setup single anyday :)

Everyone has different desires, expectations and sized pockets.....guess thats what makes it so interesting ;)

Sensible question, have you hopped back in to a well set up BPU since going single? I know my UK spec was away for ages when going single so I had forgotten how fast a BPU was.

When I sold my single turbo car (to a nice chap from Sweden who has given it a loving home) I then collected the stock VVTI auto the very next day. I instantly felt happier with the performance and that was going single turbo t-61 with e-manage to a stock VVTI.

I know the guys like you and Jamie P that have spent some proper money on their cars have a faster car than BPU could ever be, but you have to admit it hasnt been cheap and value for money against BPU it doesnt stack up too well?

Not criticising, just having a discussion.