The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my "little" drift project....

neilthenut

• 2 weeks later...
Just read through this thread, impressive stuff. Glad you have stuck through it after the hmm not sure I can be arsed start ;) looks like it's going to come out really well, a lot of thought has gone into this. When it comes back painted it will all have been worth it.

comes back painted? were doing it ourselves

Liking the progress ;) Good luck.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

so plan was to piaint the cage pink- bright pink- but started to worry that that might say things about me i didnt want it too- so after a bit of colour shopping we had a go with green

just tried it with a rattle can to get the flavour- and no.

so next day went paint shop and bought the colour to do the cage. so after 10+ hours of wet sanding the cage (not fun any time of the year but especially right now)

so we made a temp paint both- coiple sheets, few rolls of tape- it was open onto a small panel paint room, so had good exraction-

and then we painted-

right, paints had time to go hard- so time to sort out the arches and front suspension.

so got the front all stripped back-. front sub frame has gone to poweder coat, will be back shortly- and will start assembly of the front, with the right arms, coilies- and get engine dropped in-

then got to work with a good layer of under body pertection- other wise know as underseal!

Edited by neilthenut (see edit history)

good call with the colour mate :thumbs: blue looks far better than the green! and unless your going with a proper lairy colour on the outside i think pink might be abit much lol keep the updates coming

ta. outside is still undecieded. most likely white- and can go and smash graphics on it-can alsways change it up when i need to-

Nice cage! How have you bent the pipes?

i didn't.

as it says on an earlier page- i bought the 4 bent parts from fabricage as at that point they did not do complete kits ( now they do) the 4 parts were, hoop, both A-piller/ front legs and the roof bar. rest is straight.

i did have a pipe bender on stand by if we were going to bend any parts- but decieded to x the door bars instread

daz- awesome, want most of mine doing

so had a couples hours spare, so nipped down and rebuilt the front sub frame.

dug out the nice new and shiney "JIC magic" adjustable top arms

you got to love parts that are labeled- was a big help ;)

L & R

plenty of copper slip greas, to ensure that it will come bits again nice and easy-(expecting alot of set up changes, and trying different parts during the course of its llife)

gave the old bottom arms a quick lick of silver (not just normal rattle can, should be give it good protection and staying tidy)

finished

i'm not going to paint the hubs, as by time i get discs and calipers on- not going to be seen-

and also although these are the hubs with the lock mod done- i may change them out for stock items, depending on what mods get done to the rack for extra lock

• 2 weeks later...

so sub frame on, with coilovers and brakes, although need new lines- will sort this out later when i run all the lines for the car.

i have already spotted a little job i that will want to do- but want to get finished before i get into redoing job- will start them during testing, as sure it will be in bits an again then

without steering rack on, the hub comes round and touchs the coilover- but will not be a problem when car is sat at on the floor (changes the angles of the arms) ad when rack is on.

sat back on the floor- all bolted back together- and no, i didnt jack it up on rad support !!