The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my "little" drift project....

neilthenut

started preping under the bonnet for paint- nothing specail, just alot of degreasing, made a start on just tidying up the tubbed arches, (could of painted them as they were, but few hours extra prep never hurt any thing!

fitted the bonnet pins (in the slam panel-) so hoping to get cage finshed this week-so can get ready for paint.

its nice that i can get mates to help work on the car- but . . can be a little heavy handed at times. . .

• 3 weeks later...

so nothing new since- spent time preping my s13 and a mate r32 ready for supra pod. . .awesome day skidding

waiting on door bar -

have got 1 wing in primer ready for top coat- but cant choose a colour. . . .

i now what else i need to buy- but that will all be for the assembly, rather than the build-

spent few hours on it last couple of evenings, have fibreglassed the welds around the new tubbed arches, just to smooth them off a bit, (i'm not going show car, just tidy'd)

spent some time cleaning up the seam welds, and getting the last remaning bits of tar- sound deadening out so its getting step cloers to paint- i've almost deceded on a colour but not quite.

and as thins is a budget car, its not going to as body shop, but i've been offered somewhere tidy to paint it-

poly windows have been ordered. custom made, all 5 windows (rear hatch, side door windows, and even the rear quarter glass! ) 4mm thick, sliders in both of front windows, and it will have the black banding around the rear screen as per OEM. all formed to exact shape. . . chuffed to bits!. . let you see them in 2-3 weeks!

spent few hours on it last couple of evenings, have fibreglassed the welds around the new tubbed arches, just to smooth them off a bit, (i'm not going show car, just tidy'd)

spent some time cleaning up the seam welds, and getting the last remaning bits of tar- sound deadening out so its getting step cloers to paint- i've almost deceded on a colour but not quite.

and as thins is a budget car, its not going to as body shop, but i've been offered somewhere tidy to paint it-

poly windows have been ordered. custom made, all 5 windows (rear hatch, side door windows, and even the rear quarter glass! ) 4mm thick, sliders in both of front windows, and it will have the black banding around the rear screen as per OEM. all formed to exact shape. . . chuffed to bits!. . let you see them in 2-3 weeks!

What was the price on the poly windows mate, I wouldnt mind some fronts ?

• 2 weeks later...

So after looking at a few BDC cars at trax, that I wanted struts though the bulk head to the front legs, we'd looked at this before and was looking like a tuff job, because of the proximity of the throttle pedal and the angle at which it would protrude thought the bulk head past the brake servo-

But none the less, we persevered. . .

had to slight modify the plate that sits around the where the throttle cable goes through the bulk head, but it still retains the bump stop for the pedal, we reinforced the strut top with a large plate

bofore

46mm hole saw made light work of the bulkhead

quick check that the servo fits (and it does)

after

what you cant see is that we also plated the bulk head to reinforce the area where the cage come through.

sorry about picture quality- i now have a digi cam i will bbe using, not a nokia.

Looking real good dude love the cage , still going 1jz ??

Dan

still going 1jz, with w58, its all sat there waiting- for now will go in stock with FCD BOV and wind ethe oost up to 1bar something... but when i can find bit more and the car has done some miles and is set up will be goinf mega squrt on a holest single, exturnal waste gate, . . want 400bhp so nothing too much- but it will take a hammering so need reliablity.

Decided on a colour yet mate?

yes but noone else likes it...

Holset turbo is a good shout feedback and reliable feedback on them hx30 or hx35 will easily see them numbers nice food budget setup all sounds likes it's coming together why megasquirt ?? U can pick emu's up for good money nowadays that will do everything u need at them numbers ??

Cheers dan

cage is now finished finished. nothing more to do! (finaly, but worth the wait)

inside car is 70% preped for paint

the boot frame is now complete, last few bars welded in today

welded in the harness eye bolt mounting plates today also

test fitted rear coilover just to ensure clearance between ground and boot floor (as per the design, sits slightly higher than stock)

stock tt

coilover straight on

dropped

droppped with an 18" wheel i plan to use

also got the Adam aka "the hoff" on the job tonight- well he turned up moaned he was poorly, smoked half a pack of L&B, and went home after pouring about 2 litres of thinners on the engine bay

ahh so your going for the 1jz aswell... so i went this way, would be about the same power output as mine, pop over with jamie soon and have a look mate :D

more than welcome matey-

Bare shell build ups are the best after all the hardwork and effort it feels sweet to admire the end product

This will look brilliant when its finished

thanks- cant wait to have it n paint, means all the hard woek is done