The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my "little" drift project....

neilthenut

Awesome Car Dude! :drool:

cheers

Wow just saw this and read it start-to-finish! OUTSTANDING work, matey - can't wait to see her finished and smoking! :)

cheers- my motivation comes and goes- want it done so i can go drift it- and start my next build project. . . wanna get stuck into the open drift championshiop next year-

• 1 month later...

Cant believe this aint done yet Neil lol, you boy are doing it all backwards, you dont need this level of a build to drift and to be fair you gonna be so worried about wrecking this you will never drift as hard as you could and if you do, trust me, its gonna get wrecked really quick :(

Still, its a nice build man, I do like it, but you're doing it all backwards man.

Im still on the same car and trust me she's been through some abuse but hasnt missed a beat in 2 years now. I've qualified lots in semi-pro class, got a podium, got promoted to Pro and qualified a few times in that class too, done quite a few battles, beaten a few people to progress through to the top 8 and unfortunately been knocked out more into the bottom 8 of the top 16, but the car underneath you is irrelivant, its all about the driver and how much seat time and experience he's had and trust me, even after 4 years of competing I still have a long way to go.

I was debating whether to build something fancy, but too be honest, I just cant justify it. It'll mean Im out of competing for 1-2 years and then once Im in the car I wont drive anywhere near as hard as I do currently for fear of wrecking her. So I've decided to stick with my trusty old steed and just progress her a little bit because at the end of the day, half of the stuff people think they need, they dont and I can see it when a top level drifter gets in a standard or near standard car, they can still drive the wheels off it and beat most people around them.

Keep plugging though man :D

that bud, is a whole lump of the motivation i need to get back to working on it- it has moved on along way, since last pictures- its nearly wired, sat complete drive train- dash has been iin and out few times- just waiting till i sell few run abouts, and i'll get inter cooler/rad-

got a bloke in the sidelines to sort out all brake/fuel lines,, once i have a tank/swirl pot-

but in the mean time, i was at anglesey i my r33 (red one by your truck) and booked again for next time, so got the s13 or r33 to use there- (i need sell r33 to actually afford to finish the supra)

and, yeah, i've seen your car numerous times, saw you "destroy a clipping point/side skirt/spats " in teeside last year, had a look at it in anglesey - like the way you've painted the inside now.

but thanks- some much needed motivation

Cant believe this aint done yet Neil lol, you boy are doing it all backwards, you dont need this level of a build to drift and to be fair you gonna be so worried about wrecking this you will never drift as hard as you could and if you do, trust me, its gonna get wrecked really quick :(

Still, its a nice build man, I do like it, but you're doing it all backwards man.

Im still on the same car and trust me she's been through some abuse but hasnt missed a beat in 2 years now. I've qualified lots in semi-pro class, got a podium, got promoted to Pro and qualified a few times in that class too, done quite a few battles, beaten a few people to progress through to the top 8 and unfortunately been knocked out more into the bottom 8 of the top 16, but the car underneath you is irrelivant, its all about the driver and how much seat time and experience he's had and trust me, even after 4 years of competing I still have a long way to go.

I was debating whether to build something fancy, but too be honest, I just cant justify it. It'll mean Im out of competing for 1-2 years and then once Im in the car I wont drive anywhere near as hard as I do currently for fear of wrecking her. So I've decided to stick with my trusty old steed and just progress her a little bit because at the end of the day, half of the stuff people think they need, they dont and I can see it when a top level drifter gets in a standard or near standard car, they can still drive the wheels off it and beat most people around them.

Keep plugging though man :D

that bud, is a whole lump of the motivation i need to get back to working on it- it has moved on along way, since last pictures- its nearly wired, sat complete drive train- dash has been iin and out few times- just waiting till i sell few run abouts, and i'll get inter cooler/rad-

got a bloke in the sidelines to sort out all brake/fuel lines,, once i have a tank/swirl pot-

but in the mean time, i was at anglesey i my r33 (red one by your truck) and booked again for next time, so got the s13 or r33 to use there- (i need sell r33 to actually afford to finish the supra)

and, yeah, i've seen your car numerous times, saw you "destroy a clipping point/side skirt/spats " in teeside last year, had a look at it in anglesey - like the way you've painted the inside now.

but thanks- some much needed motivation

So you was right next door to me at Anglesey and never said Hi.....what a douche ! :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So you was right next door to me at Anglesey and never said Hi.....what a douche ! :(

! ! ! ash, i walked over said alright bud. . . you looked at me like "who the F..." lol, said i'm neil off mkivsupra forum thing. . .you were like oh right hiya. . . then i went back to play in my r33

What a great build. Reading through this has given me more motivation to get started on my project as soon as my workshop shed is complete! :)

thanks, car is much further on than on the thread, i've lost some motivation, but planing to get some big steps done on it soon!

You guys are incredible! What a craftsmanship!

just bit of spare time, and patience . . not dropping big money on it at all . .

I really want to see the progress! I am keen to see the car drifting! I use this as inspiration because me too i want a drift project!

i really want to see it done too! . . want to drive it!

• 4 weeks later...

in no order, but basically

lights on front and rear

rubbers cleaned and on. no new, but cleaned.

wiring. the nightmare that is. . . but its nearly there.

engine in

gearbox on.

prop on,

completely undersealed/wax oiled

coilovers on, showing the drop to oem struts

and few assembled pictures, just see what it WILL look like- bumper lights . .

boot almost prep'd for paint, just final sand on filler over spoiler holes.

so when weather breaks, will be boring Mr Offlands (AKA ODDBALL) unit, get paint on doors, wings boot side skirts.

i have further plans for the bonnet. . .

SO next plans i hear you ask;-

finish wiring

buy/fit intercooler/rad- something different to the normal. .

get fuel tank made and swirl pot

than after that, will just be "final assembly" make fit brake lines fuel lines

doors on, fit poly windows, seats and take it from there