The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my "little" drift project....

neilthenut

gonna spend next couple weeks putting skyline back together after its painted adam

so yeah spanner passing would be good- even buy u dinner!...(long as ur still working and but dinner i mean a bag of chips

gethin's engine isnt suited- just to laggy- (no boost to 5k).. so looking at a T3 now

to fit a 3s gt3

i'll need a R154 box

bell housing of a c2? (probly have to get from toyota)

will need do change the sump and the oil pick up and the engine is at15* degree angle and droping it in to make it RWD will mean the engine will stand vertical

but these small problem are alot easier to sort than my other ideas

of SR20

RB 20/ 25

where they'd drop in (complete with there gearbox)

custome engine mount (not a problem) and the full loom of the engine-

but would require me to either suffer rediculous gear ratio's (60 in 1st 90 in 2nd etc as nissan gearbox and toyota diff dont work to well) or transplant a s14/r33 diff into the rear of the supra- which looks like a lot of ball ache as i did some measuring up on monday before i refitted the sub frame

so the short list

SR20

RB20/25

3S GTE

each have there own plus's and minus's . .

still doing bit of research into will a w58? (standard tt 5 speed box) fit a 3sgte and what bell housing will be needed.

other option is use a lexus 1s200 6speed but these are not the best box's in the world (same as fitted to S15 silvis) so ....

a stripped out and lightened NA manual supe isnt a waste of time on a track or drift. Ask AlexM.

With all the weight removed from the rear of the car and some shitty rubber it should drift with ease. And the engine will take a pounding without blowing up :p

• 4 weeks later...

right would have a nice update on how the car is getting on

with pic's but had my phone nicked with all the pictures on!

its alomost back to being a rolling shell

shocks on the way- got brakes- just need arms for front passenger side

the front floor pans are all cleaned and sound deaderning all removed- (you could eat ya dinner of them now)

all the dash loom well everything has been striped from inside

looking and priceing up CDS steel for roll cage

almost decieded on the colour scheme- too

and 90% set on what engine i want-

need to sell either my skyline or my impreza to fund the larger parts needed now!

3S-GTE all the way :)

Agreed. I recently bought an MR2 Turbo, and the engine is great! It's small and powerful! The REV2 block is the thicker of the 3S-GTEs so would be the one to choose for abuse. Stick one of these in a stripped out Supe and you'll have a LOT of fun, without it going bang!! ;)

Looking forward to more pics!

• 6 months later...

right after months of inactivity actually done a little to the car

now a full rolling shell

all the sound deaderning matt has gone

have got my hands on a body kit (missing sideskirts)

set of wheels

camber arms

seats

found (not yet bought) coilovers...

but the big news, is i have an engine, box loom and everything i need to start "making the car"

so when i finish rebuild my r324door skyline, break another car- then finally i will get the car out from the pile of bits its sitting unde and do some work on it!

some pictures will follow shortly, (probly from Magictorch or the Hoff)

Edited by neilthenut (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

the nissan SR20 det

removed from 1995 200sx

t28 turbo standard approx 240bhp

2lite 4cylinder...

weight- not sure exactly- but i'm thinking its well under half the weight of a 2jz! gearbos weighs approx 30kg

i have a few mods planned- but nothing big- have stainless top mount manifold looking for a s15 silvia t28r, HKS actuator...

..the sr20 engines break no offence to silvia owners etc but my cousin and his mate both have 200sx's and they both blew engines.

A standard unopened SR20DET on the original ECU will last a very long time, any failure will be the result of modifications that have been installed without supporting mods.

A standard unopened SR20DET on the original ECU will last a very long time, any failure will be the result of modifications that have been installed without supporting mods.

shut me right up :p but you could be right both of theres were modded quite a lot

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the feed back guys, the pile on bits is growing, and weight wise, the g box only weighs 40kg tops- so this should get the weight right down

got plans to do alot of work on front suspension

just need some space back in my unit to acually get the supra out of the corner...

• 2 weeks later...