The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Llandow - what's your excuse?

hogmaw

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can garentee my blitz NUR spec with full decat will be ok then ill come. But ive been told by various people on here its probably going to be over the 105db limit. Its ok on idle but i think it would fail the driveby.

I had exactly that spec last year ands had no probs :) gaurentee jamies is louder and he had no issues.

I just didn't want to attend, is that OK?

Sounds perfect to me. :)

(Excuse)

I'm off to America few days after this event. I'd love to attend but saving the money for the Holiday. Been booked for ages.

(Not excuse, I'm sure its well worth it)

Its a blinking long way away.

Just got back from Le Mans, I still haven't changed my dodgy track tyre and I don't have enough money this month.. shame really as it looks a great event.

Would you be the black N Reg supra I saw on the way back then? Shame we were not in the NW convoy at the time or you would have spotted us.

You were busy handing the arse to a Z06 at the time you passed us :D

I've already been issued with a warning so it might be best I go back into the shadows unless I'm wearing my happy face :)

You have a happy face!? :D

Re the topic, I realise people like JamieP etc have cars built for the track or are confident on the track, but I and I suspect others simply can't afford to rag their cars around a track for the fun of it. I have heard numerous stories on here about how much things cost and at present I can't even afford another set of tyres never mind all the other bits that get a bashing driving around the track.

I view my supra as a cruising car rather than a racing car. If I wanted a racing car I would buy something faster and lighter (or spend the money people some of the more hard core members do).

I suspect the guys going will have lots of fun though

Edited by marbleapple (see edit history)

You have a happy face!? :D

Re the topic, I realise people like JamieP etc have cars built for the track or are confident on the track, but I and I suspect others simply can't afford to rag their cars around a track for the fun of it. I have heard numerous stories on here about how much things cost and at present I can't even afford another set of tyres never mind all the other bits that get a bashing driving around the track.

I view my supra as a cruising car rather than a racing car. If I wanted a racing car I would buy something faster and lighter (or spend the money people some of the more hard core members do).

I suspect the guys going will have lots of fun though

Exactly, from knowing two track day addicts for many years (bignum & littlenum) I know how much cost is involved in a track day and it's not cheap when you factor everything in. Due to the cost and along with the risk of stacking the car I personally have never had the free funds to do it, one day hopefully :(

Exactly, from knowing two track day addicts for many years (bignum & littlenum) I know how much cost is involved in a track day and it's not cheap when you factor everything in. Due to the cost and along with the risk of stacking the car I personally have never had the free funds to do it, one day hopefully :(

I'd like to point out that the likes of little & big num live for track days, and go all out when they attend one to get as many laps in as possible, and as fast as possible.

I however, although I largely share their enthusiam, don't face quite the same expense as I'm not as experienced so am not as fast (or in James' case: brutal ;)) with the car, and am happy to concentrate on lines as I learn more about the handling.

The costs of a track day aren't black and white. I agree the wear & tear is higher than being on a road, and the fuel economy lower, of course - but it doesn't HAVE to costs £££s to come along and have some fun. :)

Better at our own track day than one with random members of the public on it. At Rockingham earlier this year there was a non-English speaking oriental guy in a S2000 who was a complete liabilty, but he wasn't removed as officially he wasn't offically breaking any rules. :eek:

Better at our own track day than one with random members of the public on it. At Rockingham earlier this year there was a non-English speaking oriental guy in a S2000 who was a complete liabilty, but he wasn't removed as officially he wasn't offically breaking any rules. :eek:

what was he doing?

personly im going tro learn the handleing on my car. i dont get chance on the road. My car is an auto. Im not looking to be super fast or put in loads of laps. Just have some fun.