The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Llandow - what's your excuse?

hogmaw

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't crash then! The track is a much better prepped surface than the roads your drive on. Why do you even have a single?? :search:

Easier said than done! A single stone chip would kill me!

I love my single, but i don't go around corners in it!

Thinking of investing in an MR2 for track days

Good thread, I have two main reasons:

1, Sue's doing her charity parachute jump and I promised I would be there and support her, take pics of the aftermath etc.

see: http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=187032&highlight=suicide

2, Real Reason, I'm a wuss and SteveR is completely right.

I'm a wanna-be racing driver on the roads but too scared that I might make a complete fool of myself on the track. I'm not too worried about crashing or even damaging the car (it would mend) but the thoughts of little old me mixing it with the brave souls I watch on YouTube makes me cluck like the chicken I am :(

It makes me mad, and I would really like to be there to support the club and have (I know I would) a brilliant time if I bit the bullet.

Being an auto does not help my confidence, but I've promised myself that I will do a track day this year in my Civic to get the feel of it, and hope that if the club runs another you will see me there (in one or the other).

Have a great time - I'll be thinking of you lot when I'm stood on an airfield looking up at the sky !

Cheers

Gatso :bye:

I would love to go and have been toying with the idea, but just dont have the money will cost around £250 with all the fuel for the day as I will be traveling from yorkshire, Iam going to the nurburgring in 6 weeks so need the pennys :)

I think this year the main reason to why more people are not going is due to the resession we are in, People just dont have the cash and a lot are out of work :(.

I'm a wanna-be racing driver on the roads but too scared that I might make a complete fool of myself on the track.

I can see your point and we are all like that to a certain extent, but not everyone is up to bignum standards, myself included. I am only TT auto, and there are plenty N/As going. One thing you may be surprised about is the lack of ego around the track, there are no sarcy comments or pisstakes if someone spins or goes thru the 'oh sh*t' lane - it happens to everyone sooner or later (well nearly everyone) and damage last year was practically non-exisitant. And another thing, it's NOT a race, and TIMING is not allowed! It's just a fun time to zip around a track with no speed limit, that's all!

Edited by hogmaw (see edit history)

Real Reason, I'm a wuss and SteveR is completely right. I'm a wanna-be racing driver on the roads but too scared that I might make a complete fool of myself on the track. I'm not too worried about crashing or even damaging the car (it would mend) but the thoughts of little old me mixing it with the brave souls I watch on YouTube makes me cluck like the chicken I am :(

I never said anyone was a wuss! In fact I' went out of my way whenever I've descirbed teh day to say it's not a restricted entry based on experience or likely speed (within reason: it would be dangerous if I were on there in my 306TD with a load of Supras, be they NA or singles or anything in-between).

I'm with hogmaw here....

One thing you may be surprised about is the lack of ego around the track, there are no sarcy comments or pisstakes if someone spins or goes thru the 'oh sh*t' lane - it happens to everyone sooner or later (well nearly everyone) and damage last year was practically non-exisitant. And another thing, it's NOT a race, and TIMING is not allowed! It's just a fun time to zip around a track with no speed limit, that's all!

There is banter on here before & after, of course! But on the day we're all just club members having fun. No egos allowed. :)

It makes me mad, and I would really like to be there to support the club and have (I know I would) a brilliant time if I bit the bullet.

Come down and jump in with me! I drive like a granny allllll morning and eventually I build my confidence so at about 5 mins from the end I'm starting to test myself. Come down, get in with me and a few others. See for yourself what these events are really like, without worrying about yourself or your car.

Just remember, part from 1 guy out there, everyone is sharing the track with others who are faster than them - for whatever reason! So long as you can look in a mirror, and move over at the next straight to let him pass, what's the problem? :)

Doubt I'll even run that much on the day, it's more about a relaxed day out with a few club members. Gutted I couldn't make it last year even though I booked and paid, but I've taken the week off next week, so providing the car holds together then I'll be there :)

Would have loved to have come and put the risto there and met a few of you guys but i have a pathalogical fear of bouncing it off someone elses motor. I could live with doing it to myself but not to someone else.

With the geo being so far out originally i just don't have the confidence in the car yet as its tried to kill me a few times on the A5 let alone a track.

With any luck i'll bump into a few at JAE though (not literally :D )

1. doubt it

2. you can hire for £10/borrow one from somoene for free

3. doesn't stop you driving it in the meantime?

4. oh. :(

If you can garentee my blitz NUR spec with full decat will be ok then ill come. But ive been told by various people on here its probably going to be over the 105db limit. Its ok on idle but i think it would fail the driveby.