The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Llandow - what's your excuse?

hogmaw

If you can garentee my blitz NUR spec with full decat will be ok then ill come. But ive been told by various people on here its probably going to be over the 105db limit. Its ok on idle but i think it would fail the driveby.

You have PM :eyebrows:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, would anyone going there and back on the day be kind enough to give me a lift from J11 M4? :D I was only spectating last year too, but had a great day so would love to go again. Too skint for the petrol to get there :(

Adnan must be coming that way surely. :)

How come no pennies mate?? :(

Doubt I'll even run that much on the day, it's more about a relaxed day out with a few club members. Gutted I couldn't make it last year even though I booked and paid, but I've taken the week off next week, so providing the car holds together then I'll be there :)

Are you bringing Dude with you Matt, I've not met him yet. :)

BTW, would anyone going there and back on the day be kind enough to give me a lift from J11 M4? :D I was only spectating last year too, but had a great day so would love to go again. Too skint for the petrol to get there :(

me and Adnan will be going that way :)

edit: oh wait we are staying the night before too LOL :(

Edited by Robert (see edit history)

Gerald & Steve,

Thanks for the encouragement lads, and for the offer of a ride Steve.

I really have committed myself now to supporting Sue on her jump, but I promise that you will see me if you run another.

I did "open my heart" as an answer to your what's your excuse as I suspect that many people feel the same way as I do, although they will be the ones that don't answer this thread !

It may be that your replies to me will also give them the push to have a go - hope so.

Hope you all have a great time.

Cheers

G

Yay, the zombie film thing isn't until the Sunday, so I'm in! \o/

You realise of course that now you have to fix free passes for all of us to see the film when it comes out... :sly:

Daryl - are you going the night before? If you could get to the services at Chievley, I expect we can give you a lift, but you'd need to find another ride home since we're staying two nights.

Gerald & Steve,

Thanks for the encouragement lads, and for the offer of a ride Steve.

I really have committed myself now to supporting Sue on her jump, but I promise that you will see me if you run another.

I did "open my heart" as an answer to your what's your excuse as I suspect that many people feel the same way as I do, although they will be the ones that don't answer this thread !

It may be that your replies to me will also give them the push to have a go - hope so.

Hope you all have a great time.

Cheers

G

Fair point and I thank you for the thought :) I hope our words in response to your post do help others take the leap and come have fun. :)

All the best for Sue and that jump! :eek:

Well no one can have an excuse anymore

Broken my toe this morning and i'm still coming. I can still drive at the moment but it's very painful, should be a little better by next weekend, but like hell it's going to stop me, lol!

get in! :)

Mine's done over 115,000 miles and I don't track it any more.

I don't think I could ever go back to not tracking my Supe after I had my first experience: miles or not, that's where I think I'll always get most of the enjoyment from my Supra. Better worn out than rusty! :D

Just back from hospital, broken little toe and fractured side of foot on clutch foot.

Asked about driving and hospital said it's up to me.

They've put a metatarcal (spelt right?) pad on my foot and it's a lot easier to drive now.

Worst comes to worst i'll drive down and watch everyone but i'm sure i'll be fine on the day!

Guest Budz86

Start one new job this Sat for evening's and weekends and start a 9-5 on Mon. Havn't been working properly for about 8 months and only just been paying bills etc.

Need to get my nose to the grindstone if I want to have the car ready for the TT engine next year. I figure there will be more trackdays and I want my car sorted enough for me to enjoy it and not worry about breaking anything!

Get plenty of rest between now and then and I reckon you're right and will be fine. Do regular, short stints rather than a handful of long stints. :)

Yeah no worries, sure we can sort something out.

Took the Supra out today for a drive round the block, nothing spirited but to see how my foot feels on the clutch.

Did a few fast changes and everything was fine.

I'll rest a lot and will be fine for the day.

Still need a crutch to walk though, lol!