The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 manual twin turbo aerotop

pauld36

As i said, according to my registration my car is a 2002 model. Thats because the car was imported in 2002. A few of the cars on the forum have came into the UK this way.

You need to check your VIN plate to see what the true year of your car is.

Yeah mine is the same,down as a 2000 but it is really a 95.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TT aerotop was only produced in 1993-94, this means it can't be originally facelift and TT. See the model differences chart in the link below.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59334

Where would you like me to send the invoice for my expert services? :p

think my TT aerotop is a 1995. :blink:

Yup just read the guide and it says last TT aerotops produced in 1995...you may want to deduct research time from your invoice for expert services. :innocent:

scott your starting to come across as if you got some sort of personal vendetta against me or the car so if your wating for the apology about innocently getting something wrong than i i apologize

perhaps il get an apology about it being a facelift model soon

scott your starting to come across as if you got some sort of personal vendetta against me or the car so if your wating for the apology about innocently getting something wrong than i i apologize

perhaps il get an apology about it being a facelift model soon

I don't have any vendetta against anyone bud i just don't want to see someone on the forum buying a car when its not what the owner says it is.

As has already been said, a TT transplant into an N/A is more expensive to insure than a TT. Its not just a mix up on words that can be forgotten about, it de-value's the car. You need to be more informative with your information. If you want to put up an ad on an internet forum you should make sure you can at least communicate on that forum, otherwise i would recommend ad-trader or one of the other numerous advertising agency's that can be used primarily over the phone.

The car COULD be a facelift. We still don't know for definite anything about this car as your description and your replies are clear as mud and very uninformed. It took a fair bit of searching through the archives to find out anything about this car even though the way you described it was as if it was well known. I'm afraid you won't see an apology for me trying, at first, to help you define your description and then to make potential buyers aware of what they MAY be buying.

If you recall when you advertised this car the first time you were made aware of all the flaws in your ad. You took no notice of them so you got them all again. Perhaps if you start a fresh for sale ad you could make it clear, maybe take the time to answer questions properly rather than fobbing folks off with a phone number and also accurate. The lack of willingness to write a proper advert for your car would tell me all i needed to know. Believe it or not i'm actually trying to help you out with your description, as are a lot of the people who have commented.

For what it's worth, that's my old car.

It WAS a 97 facelift.

It WAS a non-turbo auto aerotop.

I sold it to Brad 3 years ago, with 120,000 miles on it.

He swapped the engine, gearbox, drivetrain, brakes, suspension and the full interior, taken from a UK car that he had crashed, plus a few mods like the exhaust.

He sold it on again after about 6 months, when it got the body kit etc.

apart from thinking the donor chasis was a tt everything ive said is 100% correct as to how that affectss the value dont really thinks it makes the slightest difference as how do you price a car thats not listed i priced it for what i thought think its worth not what it books at,as for the next comment about the mileage seeing as the engine and all the running gear has done 76000 i would have thought that is whats important

i have stated quite clearly that any inspection is welcome and if its not straight in anyway id even pay your fees an petrol for wasting your time, so not really anything suspicious intentionally,

last but not least putting a phone number on here is not fobbing people off it means i get on here every couple of days and a phone a lot quicker

so thanks for your help but i think i can do without help like yours

Seeing as my name was mentioned before I can confirm what's been recently said.

Brad had a 95 UK TT 6spd which he crashed, it had about 70k miles on it

He bought the 97 NA aero facelift from Ark which became the doner car, it had 120k on the clock

He stripped the NA to a bare shell and fitted *everything* from the UK, right down to the wiring looms, subframes, I mean EVERYTHING. The only thing left of the NA is the chassis and body panels.

Hope that clarifies and confirms what the car is. It's was very well put together and drove really nice when Brad had it (took it for a couple of drives during the shake-down after the conversion)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.