The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 manual twin turbo aerotop

pauld36

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the chassis can't be from a 97 TT aerotop, GZ aeros were only 93-94, and 97 would make it facelift, which its clearly not. Would the chassis number give you that info?

If you were to remove the light covers and put a stock spoiler on it would be much more appealing to buyers. Would be a cheap job too being stock black. Nice car though!

it is a 1997 and it is a facelift model and point taken about the uk spec thing il get some more pics on here without roof on an engine bay etc the car could be put back to original spec easily as i have most things original as for lambo pics i will put some on soon ta,and as i said before i not on here often so please feel free to call me thanks people

Some of the styling in a bit questionable IMHO, but nothing that couldn't be changed, you could pick up a stock bonnet wing and bumper for peanuts and remove the ott wing and put the lights back to standard, If i had a spare £10k i'd have it and stick the IHI apexi kit on it that is for sale on here, it would sound mental with the roof off, good luck with the sale mate:)

it is a 1997 and it is a facelift model...

Its not though. What is leading you to believe it is a facelift model? The non-facelift dash? The non-facelift lights?

If its the registration then you can take that with a pinch of salt. My car is a 2002 model if thats the case.

Check the label on the seatbelts, thats normally a tell tale sign of the actual age of an import.

Its not though. What is leading you to believe it is a facelift model? The non-facelift dash? The non-facelift lights?

If its the registration then you can take that with a pinch of salt. My car is a 2002 model if thats the case.

Check the label on the seatbelts, thats normally a tell tale sign of the actual age of an import.

It's fitted with Uk parts, hence the UK dash, the front lights look like facelift.

It's fitted with Uk parts, hence the UK dash, the front lights look like facelift.

Its not that simple though. You can't just take the UK dash parts and click them into place on a facelift. I don't want someone getting this car thinking its something that its not. There seems to be very little information regarding this car, the information that is being given isn't being backed up.

This is obviously a facelift Aerotop N/A, that has had a TT engine and gearbox put in, and some parts from a UK spec put on.

If thats the case then i can't for the life of me figure out why you would put an older dash onto the car.

If thats the case then i can't for the life of me figure out why you would put an older dash onto the car.

compatability issues with the looms maybe? small things like mis matching trac and active spoiler buttons.

The cars modification was documented/talked about on here at the time but i've no recollection of the exact username and if the threads still exist, I think as he essentially had a full but accident damaged uk car and just decided it would be easier to put everything from the uk spec onto the NA donor car.......he did it for himself and kept it for quite a time after if memory serves......

Not that bad guys.

Ditch the VS wing and and light covers and it'd be alright.

Plus the bonnet & front bumper.

Could be tempted myself but it's the price(unless this is open to offers ;)) with the added expense of making it look how i'd want it to look that put me off.

hi people i did state that i cant get on here very often thats why i put my phone number on ad theres not anything suspicious just a crap internet connection where i live.to answer the following

1 it was/is a facelift model

2 i beleive homer the moderator on here knew the car when brad owned it

3 i can replace the following if requested'the passenger air bags,the steering wheel,the veilside rear spoiler,the gearknob,the light covers,and if really wanted i can put the original wheels back on.

please people if you want to know anything just call me

ps please dont ask if im selling any of the original stuff coz obviously im not gonna know whats gonna be left till after car sold cheers, paul

The facelift indicators have not been fitted to the aftermarket spats and front bumper either, I can't see any facelift characteristics on it. Would it not be easier mate if you posted the chassis code and stop all this speculation.

ive posted some different pics on piston heads

the original facelift front and rear bumper was sold on here last year,and although im no expert on supras i thought all sups 1997 an onwards were facelift models

just to put the doughters minds at rest i clearly stated that any inspection is welcome,and if you find anything ive stated not true il gladly pay your experts fees,

dont really know what else i can do to reassure anyone!!!!!!!

SCOTT M the lights still are facelift model lights

As i said, according to my registration my car is a 2002 model. Thats because the car was imported in 2002. A few of the cars on the forum have came into the UK this way.

You need to check your VIN plate to see what the true year of your car is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.