• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.... bunch of Tarts!

We love you really mate! :p:d

I honestly think you, Paul and Ben have come on superbly when you think back to where it all started with Time Attack.

With the cars evolving into serious track weapons it's looking good for a top season!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update - no pics though :(

I managed to get down to Whifbitz the other day. Must say, the boys have done a superb job on the work so far - Dazza's meticulous workmanship, as always, has mean't I can have a go at rebuilding the dash now. (with obviously no pressure from Daz in carrying on the workmanship style!)

I managed to make a carboard template of the dash facia, so I can cut the carbon out thats going to replace it. This wasn't too bad a task - until I came to cutting the carbon! Lets just say I know appreciate why Toyota designed the main dash to be in 3 parts!!!

I'm about half way through this, so when I get a chance to finish this I'll post up some pics.

The idea is to have a complete carbon facia, with a cut away section to enable getting in and out over the rollcage easier. The Racepak will be mounted on this, and the switches, fire system controls, boost controller, racelogic and AFR gauge will be mounted on the lefthand side of the dash.

I'll also mount the connectors for the racelogic, racepak and possibly the Apexi FC on the dash as well, so configuring the electronics will be easier to plug into.

I'm also going to make some panels up to tidy up the passenger side of the dash....

Then its onto reinstalling the fire system, some changes to be made here, and then the ventilation side needs to be addressed, as it gets bloody hot in there!

Sounds interesting Steve. :)

.. yep - could be the first 'proper' carbon dash!

can't wait for the pics Steve :D

... I just wish someone else was doing it... but as I can't do the real techy stuff I have to do something :blink:. It's amazing how much thought needs to go into it. I've spent a while looking on the web at a load of other race dashes to see what people have done. It's all the little bits that make a good dash, like location of certain switches so that you can reach them easily whilst harnessed in!

BTW - having driven the car home yesterday I can say the Racepak is an excellent dash - very clear to read and use.

Just got to learn how to use it now!

.. yep - could be the first 'proper' carbon dash!

... I just wish someone else was doing it... but as I can't do the real techy stuff I have to do something :blink:. It's amazing how much thought needs to go into it. I've spent a while looking on the web at a load of other race dashes to see what people have done. It's all the little bits that make a good dash, like location of certain switches so that you can reach them easily whilst harnessed in!

BTW - having driven the car home yesterday I can say the Racepak is an excellent dash - very clear to read and use.

Just got to learn how to use it now!

Pictures!!! :search: :innocent: ;):Pics:

Not picky but a day and a night shot would be good to show the new layout mate! ;):)

Ta

Pete :D

Pictures!!! :search: :innocent: ;):Pics:

Not picky but a day and a night shot would be good to show the new layout mate! ;):)

Ta

Pete :D

...patience dear boy - its no different atm, so no pics :innocent:

Although I can post the same pics as before if you want :tongue:

Not unless I beat you to it!

... is that a 'challenge'?

Because if it is I know I'll lose :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

A quick update, dash is now finally done... (pic below)

Its a hell of a lot cleaner than before, with everything now within easy reach.

Basically made it from two pieces of carbon sheet.

The right hand side has the curve in it to help getting in and out over the rollcage as we were kicking the dash last year!

Still got to wire in and mount switch for the heated front windscreen and a cigarette lighter socket (that will be out of sight).

The dial/green button and red light are.... Racelogic trac control.

(idea stolen from Paul on mounting them directly into the dash :D)

Fire system is almost back in, as its been moved to behind the passenger seat. I'm also considering a hand held extinguisher as well but not sure where thats going to go yet!

DSC02032.JPG

Dash looks good ... good to see that you can race your Supe without having dozens of gauges :)

Not driven in anger on track with it yet, but the idea is that all the necessary data is displayed on the Racepak instead of scattered around in gauges.

Warning lights on the dash flash if there's anything nasty going on.

Plus the telemetry from both mine and Pauls cars can now be compared easily to see who's driving like a girl - or of course any differences in setup can be compared.(within reason)

Not driven in anger on track with it yet, but the idea is that all the necessary data is displayed on the Racepak instead of scattered around in gauges.

Warning lights on the dash flash if there's anything nasty going on.

Plus the telemetry from both mine and Pauls cars can now be compared easily to see who's driving like a girl - or of course any differences in setup can be compared.(within reason)

Not that there was anything wrong with the SPA gauges!! :tongue:;)

I hope not anyway as I bought them!! :D:D:D

Looking very nice mate! :thumbs:

Look forward to seeing it in metal at Oulton Park :cool:

Pete :)