The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650BHP - You are going to love this one

SupraAyf

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we should feel sorry for the guy..

i dont think is his fault ?

hes had some stick (and put up with it) and now he has admitted its wrong and held his hands up..

so there is no reason to laugh at the guy..

now i suggest we can welcome him to the forum and if we wants more power to genuinely give him good advice unlike his tuner did..

my2p

hes had some stick (and put up with it) and now he has admitted its wrong and held his hands up..

now i suggest we can welcome him to the forum and if we wants more power to genuinely give him good advice unlike his tuner did..

my2p

well said

Surely you goto give me credit for coming back on here and standing up to my mistakes

Yup you should be thanked for your honesty, plenty of people would've tucked their tail behind their legs and not posted back let alone posted the truth about not making what you said/thought you would.

Now, is your tuner going to give you some NOS or is he going to give you a free single and give you 600+ bhp properly :D

All in all i'd be having words with the tuner, didn't you say if it didn't meet the figure he'd do the work for free? I'd take him up on that offer!

I'd be taking my car to a PROPER tuner and billing the tosser who filled your engine with bullshit.

And, yes, congratulations for having the balls to come back.

Hopefuly from tomoro onwards ill get help rather than grief as i will choose my wording/figures more carefuly........

all jokes aside mate, no offence at all but do you realise now why i sent you that message over ebay?! sure ok you didnt expect it to be that less but it was in the end, somebody would have bought the car thinking its 650hp when it clearly isnt. i was dooped by someone who did what you almost did, he sold me a car that he didnt have a clue about its power. claimed it to be 550hp when it was just a little over stock!

Your torque is in Nm isnt it?

A single Walbro will run 560hp, it did on mine, a single Bosch 044 will run 600+, whats going flat, the power/torque curve or the AFRs going lean?

If you have a single Bosch 044 pump do not waste money on another as the issue will be somewhere else.

Listen to Wez.

Mine currently runs a Walbro but it's pushing it limits (570bhp at the flywheel) so I'll be upgrading to a Bosch 044.

Its not your fault, its the Tuner who has taken you for a ride and you trusted them.

Fair play for taking a lot of the stick that been pushed your way, most would have been long gone :thumbs:

Totally agree.

P.S. Don't forget to apologise to Rob Sheffield. ;)

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

my2p

That be nice...but you got the wrong idea of this tuner, i modded my car for it to be quick and it is very quick and would do very well on a track with adeqaute brakes....you dont need bhp to be quick do you ?? its all about the setup and i think we got that part right..its just the BHP part was wrong and we look to improve it to around 500 which he is more than happy to do free of charge.

all jokes aside mate, no offence at all but do you realise now why i sent you that message over ebay?! sure ok you didnt expect it to be that less but it was in the end, somebody would have bought the car thinking its 650hp when it clearly isnt. i was dooped by someone who did what you almost did, he sold me a car that he didnt have a clue about its power. claimed it to be 550hp when it was just a little over stock!

if it wernt for you i wouldnt be here (maybe thats a good thing) now i got so many people to learn of thanks to you

Cheers

Fair play for taking the challenge on that was set by the forum, realising that it wasn't as good as expected and coming back for more!

It seems to me that the combination of your tuner talking b*llocks and your own pride has gone against you, but it appears you've done OK! I'd personally have to think twice about coming on here and get flamed like you have and still come back! But everyone here is a good laugh so it's all good!

I genuinely hope you get a good result from this car, but I don't think anyone is expecting anything spectacular!:D Maybe going single turbo is the answer? :D

From my experience with this forum, lots of people come on with a few misguided views and are put in the right direction (if not forced in the right direction) with the help of some very experienced Supra owners, and they certainly know their sh*t!:cool:

Fair play and welcome to the forum! :)

Edited by dani_r (see edit history)

The best part was if we had a rr we would have sorted this problem ages ago. The guys at Interpro couldnt believe we set the car up on a dual carriage way LOL. they said for that we done extremely well. But they said dont be disapointed at the figures as the boost levels were very low and they would love to see what it will do at high boost levels

if it wernt for you i wouldnt be here (maybe thats a good thing) now i got so many people to learn of thanks to you

Cheers

atleast your man enough to admit it, ok fella's take it easy with the jokes, put yourselves in his shoes, his tuner was waffling out of his a$$ to him and he genuinely believed his car was sending the power....... ow well, lifes an experience to learn.:)

The best part was if we had a rr we would have sorted this problem ages ago. The guys at Interpro couldnt believe we set the car up on a dual carriage way LOL. they said for that we done extremely well. But they said dont be disapointed at the figures as the boost levels were very low and they would love to see what it will do at high boost levels

They should still have been checking the AFR's while road mapping. :blink:

Lucky you havnt blown it up already, Im sure it felt very fast running lean like that.

Well done for coming back though, be interesting to see how it goes.

1. Ellis = 445BHP

2. J80leo = 501 bhp

3. AlanM = 404 BHP

4. Supra10000 550+

5. Lee P = 450 bhp on a proper dyno!

6. SupraD06 = 430 BHP

7.Rich = 440fwhp on proper dyno

8. Tricky-Ricky 433 BHP

9. Beefyblx = 380 BHP

10. Hoff = 434.7 BHP

11. Tooquicktostop = 350ish before run aborted due to mechanical issues

12. homer = 440 at SRR, 490 on Interpro's

13. Jevansio = Wind Up

14. Edge = 784 @ Mcdonalds with electric supercharger, cork fueling system and drilled airbox

15. Kranz = 422.5 BHP

16. Chiefgroover = 453 FBHP

17. Dcarrter21 = 1258.558 BHP (900bhp nos shot)

18. Benkei - 0BHP - Engine explodes

19. Lbm - 349 BHP

I think I was close enough to claim the prize, what is the prize ??

Not a gift voucher to spend with your tuner I hope !

1. Ellis = 445BHP

2. J80leo = 501 bhp

3. AlanM = 404 BHP

4. Supra10000 550+

5. Lee P = 450 bhp on a proper dyno!

6. SupraD06 = 430 BHP

7.Rich = 440fwhp on proper dyno

8. Tricky-Ricky 433 BHP

9. Beefyblx = 380 BHP

10. Hoff = 434.7 BHP

11. Tooquicktostop = 350ish before run aborted due to mechanical issues

12. homer = 440 at SRR, 490 on Interpro's

13. Jevansio = Wind Up

14. Edge = 784 @ Mcdonalds with electric supercharger, cork fueling system and drilled airbox

15. Kranz = 422.5 BHP

16. Chiefgroover = 453 FBHP

17. Dcarrter21 = 1258.558 BHP (900bhp nos shot)

18. Benkei - 0BHP - Engine explodes

19. Lbm - 349 BHP

I think I was close enough to claim the prize, what is the prize ??

Not a gift voucher to spend with your tuner I hope !

I was hoping to wait for the restest