The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650BHP - You are going to love this one

SupraAyf

Guest Paul1982

Sorry but how much did the Tuner charge you in total to get you the 500+bhp??

Just asking as you might have got a cheap price for a good bhp figure and people will look at it a different way.

If you paid £10k for it then people will expect more for example

Good man for coming back - now its out and done with you can enjoy the advice from people who have years of knowledge on these cars.

Every time I buy a different car I join a new forum lol I'm a member to over 20 now :p

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Paul1982
The best example is A WRC car which is only 300 BHP but is very dam quick indeed ( when i say quick i mean acceleration )

My friend worked for the pug rally team for a few years - now the cars they use are seriously light and have LOTS of restrictors all over the engine.

If these was taken off he said you'd see 500+bhp figures.

The other thing you have to think of is, it costs £280k to get the car running like it does so for that money IT BETTER BE QUICK :-)

Guest Paul1982

PM me the tuning company you used mate as I know lots in the South Wales area and i'll tell you if they are any good or not (or might not know them)

At a guess what would i get when we can increase to 1.5 bar ?

Without re-reading the whole thread :) did you get the turbo's changed to uk ones when they were sent to Germany as i was under the impression that if you run much more than 1.2bar through j spec tubbies the ceramic fins dont like it??

So, how did you set this up on the motorway?

If you were live mapping like that the only way to do it is with a wideband plumbed in and you must have sure as $#@! know at that point that there was a fueling problem. Rolling road or no rolling road.

WE have no problems when we are running in the same way we have been for the last 6 months at 1.0 bar or so....its only since i tried to increase it for the dyno.

Without re-reading the whole thread :) did you get the turbo's changed to uk ones when they were sent to Germany as i was under the impression that if you run much more than 1.2bar through j spec tubbies the ceramic fins dont like it??

They were CT20's, we reconditioned them, fitted steel shaftwheels and larger compressor wheels. The compressor wheels used were the Garrett T3 55 trim.

(which in THEORY can flow over 300hp)

A very respectable figure in the end. Kudos to you for going all the way and getting the car on the dyno.

1. Ellis = 445BHP

2. J80leo = 501 bhp

3. AlanM = 404 BHP

4. Supra10000 550+

5. Lee P = 450 bhp on a proper dyno!

6. SupraD06 = 430 BHP

7.Rich = 440fwhp on proper dyno

8. Tricky-Ricky 433 BHP

9. Beefyblx = 380 BHP

10. Hoff = 434.7 BHP

11. Tooquicktostop = 350ish before run aborted due to mechanical issues

12. homer = 440 at SRR, 490 on Interpro's

13. Jevansio = Wind Up

14. Edge = 784 @ Mcdonalds with electric supercharger, cork fueling system and drilled airbox

15. Kranz = 422.5 BHP

16. Chiefgroover = 453 FBHP

17. Dcarrter21 = 1258.558 BHP (900bhp nos shot)

18. Benkei - 0BHP - Engine explodes

19. Lbm - 349 BHP

I think I was close enough to claim the prize, what is the prize ??

Not a gift voucher to spend with your tuner I hope !

Tooquicktoostop, what are you like?! ;) You cut the list in half... JustGav was bang on the money with 414. And I was one out. Doh!

P.S. My previous car (BPU on hybrids) made 315 RWHP (which I think is what this one made... can't be bothered to trawl back through), but mine was at 1.2 bar, so there's definitely scope for more power.

fair play at 1bar of boost, plus i admire you taking all the grief from us lot and coming back to admit we may have had a a point...never the less the result is interesting. If you haven't already then a better fuel pump, bigger injectors and maybe a water injection system(sometimes works well) could assist in getting over the 500bhp mark. Its going to be tricky nevertheless, ive only ever known 1 person to get close to that on modded set of stock tubbies (on T04z.com) and they got 486bhp at 1.1bar as far as i know....

anyway the point is yes you may very well blow ur tubbies up but you may also get the 500bhp mark if you increase the boost with a new fuel pump...your getting 415bhp now with 1 bar so boost it up, see what happens. Just be prepared if things dont go to plan. loving the optimism though mate, keep it up.

A very respectable figure in the end. Kudos to you for going all the way and getting the car on the dyno.

Tooquicktoostop, what are you like?! ;) You cut the list in half... JustGav was bang on the money with 414. And I was one out. Doh!

P.S. My previous car (BPU on hybrids) made 315 RWHP (which I think is what this one made... can't be bothered to trawl back through), but mine was at 1.2 bar, so there's definitely scope for more power.

I was talking RWHP and I was right about it being aborted :p