The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650BHP - You are going to love this one

SupraAyf

But you have got to understand that when your running higher boost levels you are creating more heat so when run 1.5 bar to get 500hp when you can run 1.1 ish bar to get the same figure as it's alot safer to do it this way, why put you engine through all that stress of high boost levels

ive already said that we are running at 1.1-1.2 bar at the moment and achieving what he is confident is around 500 BHP so the boost is about the same on either set up

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey... posts are arriving in this thread faster than I can read it!

I remember when I bought my previous Supra, which had a claimed 420bhp. I came on here and introduced myself and everyone said it would make nowhere near that on the dyno, based on the mods. They were right... It made 315! So I spent a couple of grand (including hybrids) to get it up to the 420 it was supposed to have had in the first place. It's so easy to believe the local 'tuner' when you're investing your wallet and your heart into something like this.

I can't wait to see the dyno sheet for this car.

P.S. This thread must be setting some sort of record...

Well i admire your confidence in somebody else's projected power figure, but there are some issues that are really ringing the alarm bells apart from what i have already mentioned.

The first being the fella that mapped your Supra seems to have done so on the road only, no roiling road plot!????

Now i know from personal experience that this process if very time consuming to get it right, and especially at those sort of power levels.

Is the car fitted with things like AFR, EGT, oil pressure and boost gauge?

The best figure i can find for the American version of the GT28R turbo hybrids is 420BHP and this is marketed by Speed For Sale

and remember that is US BHP they are talking about, well know to be at least 50BHP exaggerated at the bare minimum;)

http://www.speedforsale.com/newsite/techarticledisplay.php?flag=readmore&vid=15

Edited by Tricky-Ricky (see edit history)

ive already said that we are running at 1.1-1.2 bar at the moment and achieving what he is confident is around 500 BHP so the boost is about the same on either set up

You quoted in one of your previous post that you were going to run 1.5 bar when you have it dyno'ed on monday thats where i got that figure from

Well i admire your confidence in somebody elses projected power fugure, but there are some issues that are really ringing the allarm bells apart from what i have already mentioned.

The first being the fella that mapped your Supra seems to have don so on the road only

Yes we did only use the road and yes it took ages but again this aint about time or cost its about IF it can be done

Id still have to modify the engine if you say the car cant take 600 even if i went single so what would be the diffrence

What i mean is if you have spent 10K+ on just getting the twin setup to run 600+ bhp then its going to cost even more to then make the engine safe at those levels. the 10K i said it cost to go single includes that

yes i said thats the most weve run previous

I asked the same questions when i first got on here i was young and stupid some still think i am stupid lol but that's a different thread, I wanted more power from the twin setup i asked if it could be done and loads of people told me the more you turn the boost up you make more heat from the chamber on the turbo been so small the air flow will not allow you to achieve more than say 500hp on a very good setup with hybrids.So in the end you can turn up the boost as much as you want but in the end it slows you down with all the heat caused from the cambers:p

Yes we did only use the road and yes it took ages but again this aint about time or cost its about IF it can be done

So if its not about time or cost, then why didn't this mapping guru use a rolling road to confirm his ass dyno projection?

I can imagine Ryan mapping a car and then saying there you go thats 6500BHP without ever going near a dyno:p

However i might, but then I'm no professional mapper, or have a background in automotive programming.

So if its not about time or cost, then why didn't this mapping guru use a rolling road to confirm his ass dyno projection?

I can imagine Ryan mapping a car and then saying there you go thats 6500BHP without ever going near a dyno:p

However i might, but then I'm no professional mapper, or have a background in automotive programming.

We aint long finished doing it this would be the first opurtunity to get it dynod

The other factor you have to bear in mind is this: are you basing your projected BHP figure on having 326 to start with? Because let's face it it's nearly 13 years old now and I'm making a guess here that over those intervening years you may have lost a good 10% of your initial power through ageing and wear and tear (stands back and prepares to be corrected by a guru!) maybe even more.

So lets assume you only started with 293 (minus 10% from stock), getting to 550 is hoping this set of mods can add another 257 horses (almost double). That's a big ask and i can't see anything on your eBay ad that mentions the internals being uprated or even compression tested.

Did you get a dyno test BEFORE you did all the mods?

I'm assuming not which means you have no idea what the car was making before all this work was done let alone the 'claims' your tuner has made about what you've got now. Bear it in mind.

And another thing...You ask why would your tuner lie about the power figures...well...if you paid me £1800 to tell you that you were very attractive...I'd say...you're very attractive.

I think I need another pie.

If i give you two smiley :):) faces and a song on my :trumpet: will you say this thread smells of bull5%!t

The other factor you have to bear in mind is this: are you basing your projected BHP figure on having 326 to start with? Because let's face it it's nearly 13 years old now and I'm making a guess here that over those intervening years you may have lost a good 10% of your initial power through ageing and wear and tear (stands back and prepares to be corrected by a guru!) maybe even more.

So lets assume you only started with 293 (minus 10% from stock), getting to 550 is hoping this set of mods can add another 257 horses (almost double). That's a big ask and i can't see anything on your eBay ad that mentions the internals being uprated or even compression tested.

Did you get a dyno test BEFORE you did all the mods?

I'm assuming not which means you have no idea what the car was making before all this work was done let alone the 'claims' your tuner has made about what you've got now. Bear it in mind.

no this will be the first dyno