The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lui's Single Turbo build

lui

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Ryan and Lee spent a while poking things, scratching heads and hmmmming alot! a dodgy coil pack plug (bad contacts) were found, oddly and for future reference this gave a sympton of a very quiet Injector on that cylinder, once it was replaced all was well and the injector was audily the same as the other 5.

All good to roll.

James

So was the spark being flooded by incoming mixture? Or was there some feed back to the injector, actually it to work at a very low duty compareed to the others?

Lui I would change those connectors. If they were anything like two of mine, they were taken on and off the packs a few times before the final fit, and appeared fine. The final plug in did it for them, when dissconected again they were in bits internally.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

think it was more to do with the short distance to the cylinder.

Hi James just spoke to Ryan & will call you in morning to tap water injection feed into intercooler pipe where Ryan showed you today & I have a plug to plug that off threaded hole in throttle body where old one came out & also a special straight connector + extra bit tubing to extend it to where needed cheers Lui

Also is the exhaust flanges Ok now where there have been sealed ??? & not leaking.

P.S. Also Ryan was telling me how he was VERY VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE INSTALL YOU DONE TO MY SUPRA ONE OF THE BEST HE HAS SEEN FITTED !!! EVERYTHING SO NEAT & TIDY :) :cool: :)

Ryan also mention how AWESOME IT SOUNDS too just on tick over :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Well done James mate

Edited by lui (see edit history)

Nearly there now 1 day to go :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

James@ToyotaGt just re-routing water injection from throttle body into intercooler pipework today as recommended from Ryan then all done :cool::cool::cool:

Picking up my Supra tomorrow lunchtime can't wait now feels like forever being without it.

All booked in next Tuesday afternoon 18th Nov@Surrey Rolling Road with Ryan.G for having all mapping done + setting up Blitz SBC i-Colour boost controller.

From Ryan said with my set up hopefully will be getting some impressive figures :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

So was the spark being flooded by incoming mixture? Or was there some feed back to the injector, actually it to work at a very low duty compareed to the others?

Lui I would change those connectors. If they were anything like two of mine, they were taken on and off the packs a few times before the final fit, and appeared fine. The final plug in did it for them, when dissconected again they were in bits internally.

Ordered new set of coil pack clips & fitting them on Tuesday ready for mapping

Good stuff Lui, you'll be enjoying it in no time :)

Can't wait been long time

I think we need videos of your face on the first drive ;)

HA HA

Update us with some pics and vids Lui:d

Will do :eyebrows:

Enjoy it Lui ... a have a good sleep tonight :p

Not long to go now 12 hours & counting ;) + look like going to be fine day weather wise tomorrow looking forward to dive back but no boost till mapping done this Tuesday coming also all booked in for new MOT late afternoon hope goes straight through never let me down so far :eyebrows:

Update well pick up car from Toyota GT lunchtime today great drive to mot place all running fine & sounding absolutely AWESOME :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows: nearly every car passed could not stop goggling ;) never took it over 2500 RPM & sayed off boost playing it all safe & done 45 mile trip to MOT place nearly passed but failed on needed to rear tyres worn down slightly on both inside edges & 1 rear shock minor leaking nothing major.

Ordering tyres tomorrow + ordered 2 new rear blistien shocks from Chris Wilson today.

Going to get all done ready for Ryan.G to map next Tuesday.

Besides that everything sounding excellent, Can't say thanks enough thanks to all the Boys at ToyotaGT once again for doing a great install.

All parked up now till get new tyres & shocks fitted.

Looking forward to Tuesday for mapping session & good to be back in Supra once again.

Pic's & vid's to follow all will be done @ SRR on mapping session

Cheers Lui

Also want to say big thanks to P111dy for giving us lift down there today to collect it cheers bud.

All I can say is that I highly rate ToyotaGT for there workmanship 10/10 for looking after my car & doing a great install + returning my supra back to me spotless well done guys & if any one wanting a great job done to there supra give them a shout you won't be dissapointed !!!