lui

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice numbers Lui, good work mate :)

Well done James and the team, and of course Magic Ryan G :D

Nice one Lui, 500 feels good dont it ;)

Nice figures matey, shame I couldnt get out of work earlier to pop over :thumbs:

Nice figures Lui :thumbs:

Cheers all

All set at 510 [email protected] bar to keep auto box safe but has more to go when decide to go manual but very happy & performance so far & gear changes on auto box so smooth car feels very very fast with breath taking performance & sounds

Well its going to be an earlier night tonight.... have officially lost my voice answering every questions of Lui's :D ..... But it was worth it seeing his face when he put his foot down the first time and lifted off straight away :rlol:

But was a good day, every car went well and was nice to have a car that was trouble free mechnically on the dyno and didn't need any fiddling. Good work ToyotaGT!

The power and torque curves at the top end of the graphs lui has are spot on, but as Lui's manual mode on the gearbox was playing up we couldn't start the run at say 2000 rpm which ment the run started higher, in turn effecting the torque lower down as the rpm scaling gets affected. The car made 485ftlb higher up so would say it was easily around 510ftlb lower down as this thing spools faster than the stock twin :cool:

Decided to stop at 1.25bar as wanted to keep the power at a level where it wasn't going to ruin the box 50 miles down the road but its enough for Lui :)

Also decided to keep the AFR's in the low 11's due to the EGT's getting abit hotter in the 4th gear pulls with the PHR cast manifold and the engine seemed to like the richer mixture.

Quote of the day "How do i switch it into low mode" :rlol:

Ryan

Congrats Lui :thumbs:

I fear for your Autobox! :taped:

Cheers Brian & as for the auto box see how long it holds should go well for some time also got spare in garage & if 2 goes then time to go manual ;)

Well its going to be an earlier night tonight.... have officially lost my voice answering every questions of Lui's :D ..... But it was worth it seeing his face when he put his foot down the first time and lifted off straight away :rlol:

Quote of the day "How do i switch it into low mode" :rlol:

Ryan

:D:d:d

Cheers once again for great set up you done today mate

Edited by lui (see edit history)

Looking good Lui :) Had to laugh at the "answering all Lui's questions" comment hehe your enthusiasm knows no bounds :cool:

Ryan - I see you nailed the AFRs at the transition point in the end, I knew you would :) How did you find the EMU? Did you use my base map in the end or start from scratch?

I'm a bit surprised that the power started to tail off at about 6200rpm with the 264's in, any thoughts on that?

-Ian

Looking good Lui :) Had to laugh at the "answering all Lui's questions" comment hehe your enthusiasm knows no bounds :cool:

Ryan - I see you nailed the AFRs at the transition point in the end, I knew you would :) How did you find the EMU? Did you use my base map in the end or start from scratch?

I'm a bit surprised that the power started to tail off at about 6200rpm with the 264's in, any thoughts on that?

-Ian

Ryan had to do a few alterations on base map due to when engine was warmed up did not want to restart again but with slight few adjustments he sorted that out.

Ryan was also amazed how good the e-manage was & handle it all & was quite impressed with it.

Also still had intermittent problem with manual mode with slip control light flashing like i had when i saw you last & tried to adjust them sensors on throttle body so they could not lock gearbox in 3rd gear & hold it so with the power they done best as they could & then done final bit's on the road. One thing on my list to get done.

Perhaps Ryan can put bit more light on questions above too

So pleased for you Lui. Its great to see an engine bay that matches that lovely car!

As for your comment about boost :rlol: you big girl, whats low boost? Surely you need to settings, high and higher!

Cheers Jon mate so much nice power now can't believe what a difference'

With nights getting colder & roads damper just toneing it done to keep car in one piece throughtout winter months but when it starts to warm up then thats another story

Great news Lui.

The torque figure is amazing ... and that's in fact what counts. :D

Have fun with your new toy ... and go easy in the wet ;)

Dam right torque on my supra now is just insane & throws you back in the seats so pleased with the conversion & playing it safe now with cold damp weather roll on next year when things start to warm up

Edited by lui (see edit history)