The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lui's Single Turbo build

lui

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any update?

No more updates done to car so far just been running 100% & never missed a beat ;)

Lui and his Single Supra are still happily together....

Still all in one very good piece & never want to look back :cool:

Almost been a year since last comment!!

No comments is always a good comment as nothing at all has gone wrong just loving every moment of it as all done in a very reliable set up & no corners cut at at see garage for full spec

Thats why i ask :)

Wondering what his autobox is doing

So far autobox is holding up & is doing 100% never missed a beat due to keeping power within limits & not booting launches from stand still, just planting foot when needed while wheels are in motion.

Overhaul sum up is very very happy puts smile on my face whenever behind the wheel & never been beaten on heads up so far with plenty of super cars that's tried it on, sounds AWESOME & GOES LIKE BAT OUT OF HELL !!!

Edited by lui (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

To be honest last proper drive in the supra was japshow last October then went off road had MOT done in December past with flying colours then put her back sorn off road again then along come bad weather then finally waited till Saturday 1st of May to road tax her.

Then full wax & polish done over the bank holiday weekend & still looking showroom condition as always.

Filled it full of optimax today & was a beautiful day so just for the fun done a 300 mile road trip & from start to finish nothing but a big smile put back on my face attention from other motorist unreal not one car that I passed couldn't stop glaring away.

Been a long time since driven a high power car another breath taken day & still faultless so please with the set up once again sounds awesome & so good to be back behind the wheel of the supra again after nearly after nearly 7 months since used last properly.

• 7 months later...
Nice one Lui. :)

Any upgrades forseen for 2011?

Engine wise not to much as I am nearly upto max with power on auto box & exterior + paintwork is all fine but will be looking out for possible interior ie front seats but overhaul still very impressed with the performance & reliability since all major work has been done & always puts big grin on my face when out driving.

cool. loved this car when i saw it at supra pod - and was super impressed by how drunk you were at 1am, then up cleaning it before 8am!

:D;):D that's why still looking showroom condition.

• 3 weeks later...

I should have just read this thread instead of searching the whole web for feedback about the phr street! :D nice one Lui

Im asking the same question L33 asked and didnt get a proper answer! is a 2 row Greddy FMIC good enough or do I need to get rid of mine and buy a 3 row?

I should have just read this thread instead of searching the whole web for feedback about the phr street! :D nice one Lui

Im asking the same question L33 asked and didnt get a proper answer! is a 2 row Greddy FMIC good enough or do I need to get rid of mine and buy a 3 row?

Hi Mas not to sure on intercoolers what will be best one but I am using the blitz LM V-Spec 4 row on my supra & has nearly been 2 years having this single conversion done now & you will not be disappointed.

Car has been running great & always put a smile on my face when driving.

Cheers Lui

• 1 year later...

Well been three & half years now since single conversion been done & has never let me done so far I know it's not up with some of those mega Bhp jobs going on but with over 500 Bhp & torque together always puts big smile on my face each time it comes out & still loving it that there's not many cars on the road to touch it. What a sound single set up Nu Spec R & screamer pipe wow hardly have sound system on best tune is when car on 3200 rpm i can listen to that tune all day long.

All I can say so far it's been a great kit the PHR street single has been & hope it keeps rolling on & looking forward to taking it on the mega road trip Dragonball 2012 in few weeks time.

Are you still runnning E-Manage Ultimate Lui?

Still running e manage ultimate never let me down so far but all been set up & mapped by Ryan G & done great excellent Bhp & torque for street single kit & no lag at all Power always on tap

Of you build it properly with quality parts then there is no reason for parts to fail.

Unless you - push the parts limits and or abuse it.

Glad it's been good for you mate, look forward to a good run with you on the dragonball!!

Of you build it properly with quality parts then there is no reason for parts to fail.

Unless you - push the parts limits and or abuse it.

Glad it's been good for you mate, look forward to a good run with you on the dragonball!!

Me to Jon mate will be good to have run together & pleased what you said as I just remembered the nightmares that you had with your one that never ended & costing you a fortune to put right