The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Discount Insurance Scheme

mawby

Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?

• Yes because they were the cheapest
    • Yes for the agreed value option
    • Yes simply because they knew what they were talking about
    • Yes for another reason

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality stuff. Just spoke to a chap called Scott. Extremely helpful chap and i got a quote which works out to be cheaper than my new quote. And none of this Supra F1 crap!! Looks like im gonna take this policy at the end of the month :thumbs:

Just renewed with UIG. Spoke to a great bloke called Scott who managed to "knock off" a little more money.

All mods declared (see sig), fixed valuation £15000, fully comp £620 (£450 excess)

That was £150 cheaper than my present company (without fixed valuation). Same as Adrian Flux, but I preferred to deal with the club scheme.

Just renewed with UIG. Spoke to a great bloke called Scott who managed to "knock off" a little more money.

All mods declared (see sig), fixed valuation £15000, fully comp £620 (£450 excess).

That's roughly what I pay Flux for the 'modified' group 20 supercar (their description FFS!)

I was paying half that for the Calibra turbo, with FMIC, water injection etc all declared. They're taking the pish I think, for what is essentially a stock UK soop. :complain:

I wish I knew about this club scheme a few weeks ago, grrr....

:thanks: to the board and the team for sorting out this deal with sky insurance just taken out my insurance with them 24 years old uk tt

bpu,d. 18" wheels. bodykit. everything declared 6yncb, 3points sp30,

value £9000. £765 + £35 FOR AGREED VALUE PROTECTED NCB £400 EXCESS. THEY WERE £700 CHEAPER THAN TESCO ONCE AGAIN MANY THANKS TO THE BOARD WELL WORTH A TENNER FOR MEMBERSHIP ID SAY. :D :woot: :respekt: :urock: :rich:

got a quote for £511 from Sky, £100 cheaper than lifesure so I took it

but despite informing them twice that it had a TOAD category 2 immobiliser, now that we've sent them all the requested documents they've sent back a letter saying that they want a certificate for a category 1 system ..... :complain:

but despite informing them twice that it had a TOAD category 2 immobiliser, now that we've sent them all the requested documents they've sent back a letter saying that they want a certificate for a category 1 system ..... :complain:

Mate - get yerself a Cat 1 alarm. First thing I did when I bought my Supra.

Suggest you give Jay a call on Monday and find out what the score is :(

Just got a quote from them, almost £300 MORE than ive been quoted with hyperformance. :(

Not happy!

edited to add:

Didnt even ask what mileage I do in a year. So I guess they dont do discounts for limited mileage policys - I forgot to ask.

Just to say thanks for sorting a club scheme as ive not only got a better price £200 cheaper than cheapest alternative, but with better cover too.

Have an agreed value and all mods declared, with like for like cover.

Very happy, policy starts today.

Dave

Just a thankyou to the organisers from another satisfied customer...

Option of agreed value was so enticing for me, I switched mid term from my previous insurer. ( after finding out that they'd only pay book value and not replace my 'insured' extras )

Result was ( only ) approx £100 less - but piece-of-mind is worth a whole lot more.....

:thanks:

Sky quoted me £650.00 FComp with mods declared and an excess of £400!

I thought that was good, as it was cheaper than my previous insurer by £200 on the premium and £200 on the excess. However, :stickpoke A-Plan quoted me £564.00 FComp with same mods with an excess of only £250. Go figure!

Thanks anyway guys, but I'm going with A-Plan this year!

Cheers,

Gaz