The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stubby Aerial - Group Buy INTEREST Thread!

Pabs

If you had checked, you will see my name on the original list also.

I am merely stating that I am still interested.

I hope that is satisfactory for you.

Makes no difference to me. Just seems extremely selfish to just disregard the original list and start a new one regardless of whether you are on the previous list or not. Its like saying, who gives a shit about everyone else, as long as i'm on the list I don't care. Who cares though, eh?

Claire, that is my point exactly. The list is pretty clear IMO and didn't need clarifying. If we are ready to go ahead we already have the mailing list. If people don't answer within 7 days or if they pull out then we move onto the reserve list.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Makes no difference to me. Just seems extremely selfish to just disregard the original list and start a new one regardless of whether you are on the previous list or not. Its like saying, who gives a shit about everyone else, as long as i'm on the list I don't care. Who cares though, eh?

Claire, that is my point exactly. The list is pretty clear IMO and didn't need clarifying. If we are ready to go ahead we already have the mailing list. If people don't answer within 7 days or if they pull out then we move onto the reserve list.

That's fair enough I still can't understand how a list can start in a 'interest' thread, people express their interest and if their is enough then a GB gets started in the for sale section! But enough of this pointless keyboard bashing if the gb has finally got the green light then as you say 7days and then move onto the reserve list. If there isn't enough to go around pass the design onto supra steveo and maybe the rest can get sorted, everyone is happy :D

That's fair enough I still can't understand how a list can start in a 'interest' thread, people express their interest and if their is enough then a GB gets started in the for sale section! But enough of this pointless keyboard bashing if the gb has finally got the green light then as you say 7days and then move onto the reserve list. If there isn't enough to go around pass the design onto supra steveo and maybe the rest can get sorted, everyone is happy :D

Talk yourself round to the ethics all you like. The op started a thread and then updated his own post at the beginning of the thread with, what I would consider, a GB list.

If you saw a thread with someone potentially selling a car and you said you were going to buy it, only to have the original OP starting a new "for sale" thread and him then selling to the first person to post in that thread.... you would be pretty pissed, no? You would see that as unethical?

I would be pissed and I would see it as unethical. Maybe I'm just a different type of person though, maybe i'm too ethical in this day and age. I would probably get torn apart on the dragons den.

Talk yourself round to the ethics all you like. The op started a thread and then updated his own post at the beginning of the thread with, what I would consider, a GB list.

If you saw a thread with someone potentially selling a car and you said you were going to buy it, only to have the original OP starting a new "for sale" thread and him then selling to the first person to post in that thread.... you would be pretty pissed, no? You would see that as unethical?

I would be pissed and I would see it as unethical. Maybe I'm just a different type of person though, maybe i'm too ethical in this day and age. I would probably get torn apart on the dragons den.

Big difference between one item and multiples off IMO but as there is obviously nowt I can that will get through there is no point carrying on, never was my intention to jump a que, even a que in the wrong place end of story fella. Let's just get back to the original goal and get the GB rolling so people know what's going on and where they stand :)

Big difference between one item and multiples off IMO but as there is obviously nowt I can that will get through there is no point carrying on, never was my intention to jump a que, even a que in the wrong place end of story fella. Let's just get back to the original goal and get the GB rolling so people know what's going on and where they stand :)

Just my opinion and perception of it all. Again you are trying to sell it to me, I'm not buying it. Multiples, singles makes no difference. Unethical is unethical regardless of quantity involved. The fact that we are still in the interest thread and another list was started should point that out to you but you are very obtuse to the point I am making.

As you say, pointless continuing. I just hope the people who joined the queue a year ago don't end up missing out.

Edit: Thought I would leave a quote from post 1, which also contains the list.

****UPDATE: GROUP BUY NOW CLOSED TO NEW REQUESTS - MAX OF 40 NAMES ACHIEVED*****

Means nothing though eh.

Just my opinion and perception of it all. Again you are trying to sell it to me, I'm not buying it. Multiples, singles makes no difference. Unethical is unethical regardless of quantity involved. The fact that we are still in the interest thread and another list was started should point that out to you but you are very obtuse to the point I am making.

As you say, pointless continuing. I just hope the people who joined the queue a year ago don't end up missing out.

Means nothing though eh.

Guess I am missing your point just like your missing mine. I'm not selling anything I'm saying how it is. I don't want anyone missing out either, whatever happens next consider me on the reserve list :)

Means nothing though eh.

Not that you want my opinion, but I think you're being a dick and massively over reacting.

My perception was that a year old group buy died and a new one was potentially being started. When we had weeks of down time when Burna thought no one wanted his kit, not many of the original 40 were chomping at the bit to keep the GB going, it was the people with new interest.

As far as I'm concerned, ethics has bollocks-all to do with this. If there's a misunderstanding and the original GB was always what the resurrection was about, then fine; we'll join the back of the queue and wait for other people to drop out. I didn't think it was ever exlpicitly mentioned that Burna's new kit was intended for the original 40 - I thought it was open to anyone who wanted it. I guess I was wrong on that.

But I don't really care which way around it works as long as it progresses. Whatever happens, I want a new aerial on my car. If I get into a GB for this kit, then great. If that's not going to happen I'd like to know soon so I can sort something else out.

I actually think it's fair and right for the GB to be offered to the original list first if this is a continuation of that GB but to say it's unethical for other people to have not made that assumption based on a year-old list is a little bit of a stretch. And to throw insults and question someone's moral fibre because they, God forbid, started a new list when they didn't know there was an all-encompassing list already set in stone, is really quite arsey.

Not that you want my opinion, but I think you're being a dick and massively over reacting.

No need for that.

not many of the original 40 were chomping at the bit to keep the GB going, it was the people with new interest.

I just had some respect for a guy that said his personal life was getting in the way of organising the GB so I didn't want to hassle him, but plenty of others seemed to think it was alright.

As far as I'm concerned, ethics has bollocks-all to do with this.

Nice. This is a club. It is meant to have some sort of spirit and principles.

I didn't think it was ever exlpicitly mentioned that Burna's new kit was intended for the original 40

It was in the same thread.

But I don't really care which way around it works as long as it progresses. Whatever happens, I want a new aerial on my car. If I get into a GB for this kit, then great. If that's not going to happen I'd like to know soon so I can sort something else out.

Fair enough. My suggestion is give two days for the original list to put (Confirmed) by their name, and whoever doesn't gets removed from the list then people can add their name to the list like everyone did in the first place.

My perception was that a year old group buy died and a new one was potentially being started. When we had weeks of down time when Burna thought no one wanted his kit, not many of the original 40 were chomping at the bit to keep the GB going, it was the people with new interest.

As far as I'm concerned, ethics has bollocks-all to do with this. If there's a misunderstanding and the original GB was always what the resurrection was about, then fine; we'll join the back of the queue and wait for other people to drop out. I didn't think it was ever exlpicitly mentioned that Burna's new kit was intended for the original 40 - I thought it was open to anyone who wanted it. I guess I was wrong on that.

I actually think it's fair and right for the GB to be offered to the original list first if this is a continuation of that GB but to say it's unethical for other people to have not made that assumption based on a year-old list is a little bit of a stretch. And to throw insults and question someone's moral fibre because they, God forbid, started a new list when they didn't know there was an all-encompassing list already set in stone, is really quite arsey.

I read the first line and that told me everything I needed to know about you. I dare say if you were on the original list you wouldn't be reacting that way. I'm not reacting to anything, I could easily be on both lists. I'm just pointing it out that you lot have been very quick to jump the gun. I dare say it would be very different if you came on to find someone had just taken your aerial (not that Burna would ignore the original list).

As has been mentioned above, we have kept quiet to allow Burna the time he needed to get the GB sorted out. Nothing more, nothing less.

No need for that.

The word I used is evidently 'taboo' but in my opinion not as harsh as Scott's comments towards the integrity of fellow members. It's also nothing against him, just his actions. There's a difference.

Nice. This is a club. It is meant to have some sort of spirit and principles.

It does have spirit and principles, that's why it's a success. This situation, however, has nothing to do with said spirit and principles. You're confusing a misunderstanding with a deliberate disregard for other people. As I've said, I have no problem with the point being made, and am in fact in favour of it, I have a problem with the tone of the message. In my opinion, the expression of the sentiment was far worse and shows much less of a club spirit than the original 'offence'.

I read the first line and that told me everything I needed to know about you. I dare say if you were on the original list you wouldn't be reacting that way.

The first line says nothing about me, just as it says nothing about my opinion of you. All it says it that I think you were being harsh to accuse people of having no club spirit and trying to shaft the members on the original list. You have no idea how I'd have reacted if I were on the original list. It's pretty irrelevant but if I were and wanted to be involved still, I'd have reiterated my interest.

As has been mentioned above, we have kept quiet to allow Burna the time he needed to get the GB sorted out. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll admit I haven't read every page of the original thread because I wasn't involved first time. I have no problem with that sentiment and fully respect it. My point was simply around the fact that you saw someone start a new list and immediately accused them of being selfish and disrespecting the original members who wanted the aerials. I think the way you went about that was wrong and I took it as a slight against myself because I was on the new list. I didn't put myself on it because I didn't care about the original members who wanted an aerial, but because I thought that was the way this thing was being run.

Obviously I now know it's not and that's grand. As I said in my previous post, I'll get to the back of the reserve list and hope there are enough for me to benefit. But to take an honest mistake as an unethical disregard for other club members and be so harsh with your comments wasn't fair.

If you'd expressed your point in a slightly more polite way without any hint of accusation, we wouldn't be having this discussion and every one would be happy.

I read the first line and that told me everything I needed to know about you...

While Dan's reply isn't the best, your responses in this thread don't put you in a good light either - you've jumped in with a short temper and someone has reacted to it. It was bound to happen.

It's pretty clear a new group buy thread needs to be started. Yes the original 40 members who signed up should be given priority, however some may no longer be interested (I'm not). Steve spedd has PM'd Burna about re-starting the group buy, give Burna a chance to respond to that. If Burna wants/needs any help sorting the group buy out I'm quite happy to give him a hand.

I'm sure a lock wouldn't hurt this thread, it's a mess.

The word I used is evidently 'taboo' but in my opinion not as harsh as Scott's comments towards the integrity of fellow members. It's also nothing against him, just his actions. There's a difference.

It does have spirit and principles, that's why it's a success. This situation, however, has nothing to do with said spirit and principles. You're confusing a misunderstanding with a deliberate disregard for other people. As I've said, I have no problem with the point being made, and am in fact in favour of it, I have a problem with the tone of the message. In my opinion, the expression of the sentiment was far worse and shows much less of a club spirit than the original 'offence'.

The first line says nothing about me, just as it says nothing about my opinion of you. All it says it that I think you were being harsh to accuse people of having no club spirit and trying to shaft the members on the original list. You have no idea how I'd have reacted if I were on the original list. It's pretty irrelevant but if I were and wanted to be involved still, I'd have reiterated my interest.

I'll admit I haven't read every page of the original thread because I wasn't involved first time. I have no problem with that sentiment and fully respect it. My point was simply around the fact that you saw someone start a new list and immediately accused them of being selfish and disrespecting the original members who wanted the aerials. I think the way you went about that was wrong and I took it as a slight against myself because I was on the new list. I didn't put myself on it because I didn't care about the original members who wanted an aerial, but because I thought that was the way this thing was being run.

Obviously I now know it's not and that's grand. As I said in my previous post, I'll get to the back of the reserve list and hope there are enough for me to benefit. But to take an honest mistake as an unethical disregard for other club members and be so harsh with your comments wasn't fair.

If you'd expressed your point in a slightly more polite way without any hint of accusation, we wouldn't be having this discussion and every one would be happy.

While Dan's reply isn't the best, your responses in this thread don't put you in a good light either - you've jumped in with a short temper and someone has reacted to it. It was bound to happen.

It's pretty clear a new group buy thread needs to be started. Yes the original 40 members who signed up should be given priority, however some may no longer be interested (I'm not). Steve spedd has PM'd Burna about re-starting the group buy, give Burna a chance to respond to that. If Burna wants/needs any help sorting the group buy out I'm quite happy to give him a hand.

I think you are both completely misunderstanding my viewpoint here. If you check my first response to the new list I pointed out that there was a list and that it should be adhered to first, where possible.

Did everyone then say "oops sorry, our mistake we will join the queue" or something of that fashion? No, the list stayed... got added to and basically noone gave a damn. I then started getting reasons as to why the new list was created so I retorted to these "reasons". If you read through each retort and think I was wrong with my thinking of underhandedness here then fair enough, thats your opinion. The cold hard fact is I posted about the list and a couple of folks didn't care or gave excuses for their actions. One member acknowledged their mistake and added themself to the reserve list, which is all I was looking for personally, another member continued to IMO bullshit their way through their actions.

The reaction that I have taken that you didn't like wasn't aimed at the people on the list. It was aimed at the people who didn't care that there was an original list and thought it should be superseeded by a new one as the original members showed respect to Burna and also waited over a year.

It's like standing in a massive queue at the post office. Just because another teller opens up a booth doesn't mean it's only for a new queue to form. The people already in the queue should be given the chance to join first.

As I said, maybe I am old fashioned.

I think you are both completely misunderstanding my viewpoint here. If you check my first response to the new list I pointed out that there was a list and that it should be adhered to first, where possible.

You're completely misunderstanding mine.

It's not what you said, it's how you said it.

Surely the original 40 names should be given the first shout rather than you guys just cutting their grass?

You don't read that as tongue in cheek?

Paul did, and continued the trend with his response.

For god's sake :rolleyes:

Whatever the list is, I'd like to be on the reserves. I think a new thread needs starting as said.

1. Jim_1979

2. TTRickeh

3. AlexM (I already have a Burna Bracket)

4. supralover

5. MARCUS1979

6. Dave F

7. M5W TT

8. Havard

9. Gruggs

10. Magictorch

11. Hoff

12. Paul

13. JohnnyW

14. GlennK

15. JamieP

16. BOB B

17. AndyT

18. Budz86

19. Justin

20. Johnny G

21. *Lynz*

22. Ste D

23. matlee

24. harps

25. m_life

26. Stratty

27. China Man

28. Gavin.Starr

29. Spartan

30. Scott M (previously Scotster)

31. Jamil

32. Hemmjonny

33. madmike

34. simbasupra

35. Jamesy W

36. Stuliet

37. Turnerjr

38. supra steveo

39. Leon

40. Mattboygee

Names in Reserve in case anyone pulls out:

1. Multics

2. Tony666

3. Darragh

4. ClaireRZ-S

5. Adam82

6. Zofix

7. Abz

8. Mrgee2jz

9. marco79

10. stratty

11. supra steveo

12. danhicks22

13. hiten55

14. Matt H

Not really sure if 40 is still the limit or not. Might be an unlimited supply? :search:

Surely the original 40 names should be given the first shout rather than you guys just cutting their grass?

In all honesty, I missed that post and the point is fair enough, although I do sense an undercurrent of bitterness in it.

Is it hard to figure out? There is a list of 40 names on post no.1. There is then a list of reserve names for anyone who pulls out.

All I see here is a list of chancers. Fantastic club spirit guys.

A little bit fruity for a follow-on, I feel. I don't like being called a chancer and having my club spirit questioned.

The reaction that I have taken that you didn't like wasn't aimed at the people on the list. It was aimed at the people who didn't care that there was an original list and thought it should be superseeded by a new one as the original members showed respect to Burna and also waited over a year.

Interesting, the post above suggests that you were directing your comments at the people on the list.

I still don't think you gave people enough of a chance to acknowledge their mistake. You got abusive very quickly.

But whatever, I'm pretty sure 90% of the palpable tension in here is from miscommunication and misunderstanding.

It's like standing in a massive queue at the post office. Just because another teller opens up a booth doesn't mean it's only for a new queue to form. The people already in the queue should be given the chance to join first.

Not sure your analogy really fits. I'd say it's more like a group of people at the side of the post office patiently waiting for the queue to be reopened, since there was a spillage in the aisle that had to be cleaned up. Some other people happened to enter the post office as the queue was being opened and began queueing, not realising that there were people effectively already in the queue, just out of sight. In that situation would you shout down the new people for being chancers or would you politely inform them of their mistake and the already waiting customers?

Ditto.

Regardless, a new thread should probably be started, as a few people have mentioned, to get away from all this guff. The new thread should have the original list and reserve list and the 'new list' appended to the reserve list and we can go from there. After x amount of days, the original members who have actively pulled out (we should allow for people on hols etc., and give a while for people to respond) can be replaced, in order, by those on the reserve list.

And then we can all virtual hug and talk about cars again :)

I haven't driven my Supra for a week or so. I miss her so much it hurts inside :(

Not really sure if 40 is still the limit or not. Might be an unlimited supply? :search:

I'm pretty sure Burna mentioned there was a limited supply as he told someone else he could only supply full kits and there wouldn't be enough to just let them have the bracket.

Don't know if it's still 40 though.

Edited by danhicks22 (see edit history)