The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone been beaten by another car in there Supra TT?

Guest Blitzed

Up to the speed limit, not many.

Over the speed limit, absolutely every one of them officer.

:D

Michels Supra :(, damn him

That would be normal from what I've heard of Michels car bud. No shame there. :D

Juanchans takes off like a startled cat at 50 to 70, the sod. Can't keep up.

Oh and that other sod Blackie, on the twisties in his back yard and had the missus with me and, and and. Oh run out of excuses. :(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Juanchans takes off like a startled cat at 50 to 70, the sod. Can't keep up.

Oh and that other sod Blackie, on the twisties in his back yard and had the missus with me and, and and. Oh run out of excuses. :(

She doesn't hang around when you give it some beans, that's for sure :D That said, I had the same situation against Gatso before he went BPU - I couldn't keep up from a standing start!

H tried to climb into my exhaust on one Pancake run in the twisties, but my excuses are: I had shockingly low quality rubber on the rears at the time, the sun was in my eyes, Jupiter was Aries at the time (which isn't good for driving, and Aries doesn't like it much either) and I was nervous about the dry stone wall on my nearside in the wet.

Non-Supra, I've had an Astra and a Rover 400 of some sort both keep with me to high speed, and recently a DB9 that was giving it some down the M3 late at night :D

I've never been done from a rolling start but I've been done at the lights a few times. Totally my own fault every time for not deciding to go for it before it's too late or driving inappropriately for the conditions. I normally don't really try from the lights, but if it's obvious anyone next to me is having a go I normally let them have a start before flying right by. On most occasions this is fine, but I have not been able to catch the following:

1) Volvo V70 D5

2) Audi TT 1.8

3) Lexus SC430

4) Peugeot 207GTI

5) Mercedes C320

6) Erm, what appeared to be clapped out Pug 106. :blush:

I've never been done from a rolling start but I've been done at the lights a few times. Totally my own fault every time for not deciding to go for it before it's too late or driving inappropriately for the conditions. I normally don't really try from the lights, but if it's obvious anyone next to me is having a go I normally let them have a start before flying right by. On most occasions this is fine, but I have not been able to catch the following:

1) Volvo V70 D5

2) Audi TT 1.8

3) Lexus SC430

4) Peugeot 207GTI

5) Mercedes C320

I would be asshamed of myself looking at that list mate try harder ;)

1) Volvo V70 D5

2) Audi TT 1.8

3) Lexus SC430

4) Peugeot 207GTI

5) Mercedes C320

Don't your turbos work? :)

1) Volvo V70 D5

2) Audi TT 1.8

3) Lexus SC430

4) Peugeot 207GTI

5) Mercedes C320

:ban:

Are you sure it's not an NA?

kept up with an Advantage once, great drive that was:d

Couldn't loose a suped up scooby, not sure what he was running, couldn't pull away from him at 1.2bar:search:

Got done by GT3 on the way to training, it sounded awesome:d

Other than those, tend to kill most things, even if only slightly in cases.

kept up with an Advantage once, great drive that was:d

Couldn't loose a suped up scooby, not sure what he was running, couldn't pull away from him at 1.2bar:search:

Got done by GT3 on the way to training, it sounded awesome:d

Other than those, tend to kill most things, even if only slightly in cases.

What's an advantage?:)

• 1 year later...
Once years ago! It was golf R32 and I was still experimenting with shifting manual in the auto and setting off from a set of lights I got a tad egger and managed to go from 1st straight to Neural DOH DOH DOH :innocent: :blush: anyway i suppose really I beat myself :D

wtf. so you had to click the auto stick from L, past 2, past D and into N..... :taped: