The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uprated ally Radiator Expansion Tank

johnd-mkiv

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All tanks have been sent out 1st class hopefully be with you by weds. Lee ill have to make you one up this week And ship it out soon as I can hope thats not a problem

john

No that will be fine. :)

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in one of these John but also wanted to ask if you make custom tanks? I need a new one for my water injection and it'll probably go up where the charcoal cannister used to be.

Hope you get better soon too ;)

I'm interested in one of these John but also wanted to ask if you make custom tanks? I need a new one for my water injection and it'll probably go up where the charcoal cannister used to be.

Hope you get better soon too ;)

Hey mate I can make just about anything up if you can send me a drawing or a picture with measurements I can sort it out ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Hey mate I can make just about anything up if you can send me a drawing or a picture with measurements I can sort it out ;)

I am going to need two tanks John - catch tank and water/meth storage tank.

The catch tank will need to sit up near the brake servo area between the firewall and strut tower (which means its underside will need a bit of a funky sloping shape). That one will need four -10 fittings welded to it, one -6 fitting weded to it and one 1/8"NPT fitting welded to it. (I have all these weldons :) ) It will also need at least one baffle inside to prevent incoming flow from two of the -10 fittings being able to flow directly out of the rest. I'll try to get something mocked up in cardboard and get a few photos taken as a start.

The water tank will have to sit up in the charcoal cannister area but I need to mount my Aeromotive FPR regulator first to see what room is left.

I am going to need two tanks John - catch tank and water/meth storage tank.

The catch tank will need to sit up near the brake servo area between the firewall and strut tower (which means its underside will need a bit of a funky sloping shape). That one will need four -10 fittings welded to it, one -6 fitting weded to it and one 1/8"NPT fitting welded to it. (I have all these weldons :) ) It will also need at least one baffle inside to prevent incoming flow from two of the -10 fittings being able to flow directly out of the rest. I'll try to get something mocked up in cardboard and get a few photos taken as a start.

The water tank will have to sit up in the charcoal cannister area but I need to mount my Aeromotive FPR regulator first to see what room is left.

hey mate thats no worries if you can mock it up from cardboard like you say take some pics then ill use me mates supra to test fit them all to before sending them out ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.