Uprated ally Radiator Expansion Tank

johnd-mkiv

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I am going to need two tanks John - catch tank and water/meth storage tank.

The catch tank will need to sit up near the brake servo area between the firewall and strut tower (which means its underside will need a bit of a funky sloping shape). That one will need four -10 fittings welded to it, one -6 fitting weded to it and one 1/8"NPT fitting welded to it. (I have all these weldons :) ) It will also need at least one baffle inside to prevent incoming flow from two of the -10 fittings being able to flow directly out of the rest. I'll try to get something mocked up in cardboard and get a few photos taken as a start.

The water tank will have to sit up in the charcoal cannister area but I need to mount my Aeromotive FPR regulator first to see what room is left.

hey mate thats no worries if you can mock it up from cardboard like you say take some pics then ill use me mates supra to test fit them all to before sending them out ;)

John,

I have a cardboard tank mocked up. Are you still ok to fab it up in aluminium for me? If so, could you let me have your email address so I can send you some photos of it. I am waiting for some small 1/8" NPT fittings to arrive and then I can finalize the position of the last weld on threaded piece. I figured that some pics would make for good prior warning before I snet you the mock up in the post! :D

Cheers

Dan

John,

I have a cardboard tank mocked up. Are you still ok to fab it up in aluminium for me? If so, could you let me have your email address so I can send you some photos of it. I am waiting for some small 1/8" NPT fittings to arrive and then I can finalize the position of the last weld on threaded piece. I figured that some pics would make for good prior warning before I snet you the mock up in the post! :D

Cheers

Dan

Hey mate sure no worries

[email protected]

John,

Did you get my emails? Could you let me know if you are interested or not please mate as I'm going to need this tank made pretty quick to meet my booked slot for mapping. I may have to look at getting it made elsewhere if you may not be able to do it...

Cheers

Dan

John,

Did you get my emails? Could you let me know if you are interested or not please mate as I'm going to need this tank made pretty quick to meet my booked slot for mapping. I may have to look at getting it made elsewhere if you may not be able to do it...

Cheers

Dan

hey mate sorry not back to you making it up is no problem as soon as I get the template ill make it up for you;)

john

• 5 weeks later...
I have one of these left ready to go

Can I get a bundle price? :)

The other tank will be headed back to you today mate - looks spot on. :thumbs:

I have also taped on a cardboard mount too and have some photos in case it gets ripped off in the post.

Can I get a bundle price? :)

The other tank will be headed back to you today mate - looks spot on. :thumbs:

I have also taped on a cardboard mount too and have some photos in case it gets ripped off in the post.

Hey mate tanks arrived back with me will make the bracket up and fully weld it will sort a deal out for them both ;)

Hey mate tanks arrived back with me will make the bracket up and fully weld it will sort a deal out for them both ;)

Good man :thumbs: I'm trying to think of the best way to describe that bracket, hopefully it's self explanatory....

If you let the cardboard piece hinge back down so it sits horizontal...ideally its top face wants to be completely flush with the top face of the tank and made from the same thickness material. That will run onto the top of the inner wing and I'll drill a suitable mounting hole through once I have the postion perfect.

The tank will sit about 10mm from the inner wing so there's loads of room underneath that bracket (by the yellow tape) for a big fillet of weld especially if you think a "smoothed" weld on the top won't be strong enough. Make sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.