• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like we can't camp, can't get the dog in the kennels for the night:(

Vicki x

No problem Vicki it was just a spur of the moment idea ...maybe an idea for the future :D

There doesnt seem much interest in the "picnic idea" any thoughts guys n gals ?

Cheers

-Ian-

If we skip the fry up with Adam's sheep at the Ponderosa, a picnic sounds like a good idea if the weather stays dry. I won't be able to bring any fresh food from down south, but I could nip to Tescos either late on Friday or first thing Saturday.

why whats up with it Mike ? nothing serious i hope !

Cheers

-Ian-

You and me both mate, The engine bay is coated with coolant, I've obviously got a leak somewhere, not sure whether it's Rad, water pump, or split hose at the moment, so need to get it looked at.

It's not obvious where it's from, as it seems to only leak under load/pressure.

Mike

No problem Vicki it was just a spur of the moment idea ...maybe an idea for the future :D

There doesnt seem much interest in the "picnic idea" any thoughts guys n gals ?

Cheers

-Ian-

I'm still up for the picnic if the weather holds.

I'll bring the pie's......:):innocent:

You and me both mate, The engine bay is coated with coolant, I've obviously got a leak somewhere, not sure whether it's Rad, water pump, or split hose at the moment, so need to get it looked at.

It's not obvious where it's from, as it seems to only leak under load/pressure.

Mike

Sorry to hear about the supe mike hope it just a hose and nothing to costly:blink:

Are people still meeting up at J27 on the M6 on Saturday morning, or is the Chester Services the first meeting point?

Havard/ Anyone meeting up for a pint the night before?

Just to clear this up. I think a meet at around 8.15 Saturday morning at the BP station at J27 is in order. This is round the corned from Ste D and also probably my best way of getting to the M6 from Bolton way. We will get to Chester services in 45 mins from there!

Also I will clean the car on Friday evening and was then thinking of having a pint/bite to eat at the Charnley Arms at about 7.30.

Anyone interested??

H.

Paul, do you want to put a list of times we will be expecting to all be meeting. Just as a definative answer and so there is no confusion? I'd do it but not got a clue how long it takes you guys to get over;)

Paul, do you want to put a list of times we will be expecting to all be meeting. Just as a definative answer and so there is no confusion? I'd do it but not got a clue how long it takes you guys to get over;)

Ians suggestions are ok with me:

i Dont know about anybody else but times ?

Chester Services at 9am

Chan's Station Stop-Off at about 9:30am :D

1. juanchan

Ponderosa Cafe at 11am (although my place to the Ponderosa is about half an hour usually....)

1. hoff

Picnic (area unkown) about 1pm

Pancake House 4-5pm

1. Pancakes and maple syrup

If camping either set up before Pancake House or after ? [ camping looks to be around the £5-6 per person per night ]

Just a rough idea on times ;)

They sound spot on to me rich:)

Chester Services at 9am

Chan's Station Stop-Off at about 9:30am

1. juanchan

Ponderosa Cafe at 11am (although my place to the Ponderosa is about half an hour usually....)

1. hoff

2. Marc_p (i think)

Pancake House 4-5pm

I'll give everyone (mainly Andy though ;)) advanced warning that I've not cleaned my car since Japfest and I'm unlikely to before Saturday due to football, snowboarding holiday sorting and driving a couple of miles ooop north ;)

Also, my offside front sidelight is out, so I need to change the bulb. Given I'm still trying to persue a claim through insurance for this chav reversing into me, I'd rather not remove the headlight. Any of you guys coming along on Saturday ever changed a bulb without removing the whole light and fancy giving me a hand if/when we stop for a picnic? :innocent::) Thanks in advance!

8.15 BP Station, J27

Dragonlady and the other half

Chester Services at 9am

1. juanchan

1. hoff

2. Marc_p (i think)

Pancake House 4-5pm

Just to clear this up. I think a meet at around 8.15 Saturday morning at the BP station at J27 is in order. This is round the corned from Ste D and also probably my best way of getting to the M6 from Bolton way. We will get to Chester services in 45 mins from there!

Also I will clean the car on Friday evening and was then thinking of having a pint/bite to eat at the Charnley Arms at about 7.30.

Anyone interested??

H.

Count us in

8.15 BP Station, J27

1. Dragonlady and the other half

Chester Services at 9am

1. juanchan

1. hoff

2. Marc_p

Pancake House 4-5pm

p.s. i'll help you with your bulb ;)

I'll give everyone (mainly Andy though ;)) advanced warning that I've not cleaned my car since Japfest and I'm unlikely to before Saturday due to football, snowboarding holiday sorting and driving a couple of miles ooop north ;)

Also, my offside front sidelight is out, so I need to change the bulb. Given I'm still trying to persue a claim through insurance for this chav reversing into me, I'd rather not remove the headlight. Any of you guys coming along on Saturday ever changed a bulb without removing the whole light and fancy giving me a hand if/when we stop for a picnic? :innocent::) Thanks in advance!

Im sure between us we can manage it if you've got the bulb:)

Im sure between us we can manage it if you've got the bulb:)

I'm hoping so, but I've not tried changing the bulbs without removing the entire headlight before, and searching on here suggests it can be fiddly and a bit of a PITA :)

Also, marc, if you're heading over from Yorkshire, you'll be following a similar route to the lancs folk once you hit the M56 at least, so you might be able to meet up with them before the Ponderosa.

Also, marc, if you're heading over from Yorkshire, you'll be following a similar route to the lancs folk once you hit the M56 at least, so you might be able to meet up with them before the Ponderosa.

Yeah can do, will be hitting the M56 at the M6 junction.

Really fancied a nice long drive in the aerotop down some lovely A roads into Wales :( wont be able to make it this time though unfortuneatly.

Would have been the perfect first run in the new supra :( oh well, just an excuse for another one then when i do get back on the road yeah!! :D