The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EL-GLO AUTO :Group Buy No.2

supra steveo

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone fitted them up yet? and if you have something different can we get some pics?

If anyone wants these fitted i am doing absolutly nothing this week and am situated just outside of Bury St.Edmunds in Suffolk ( A14 ) give me a shout and i can give you instuctions of how to get to where i am ( i dont have the car this week so i cant come out ) and i will fit them

Steve,

They are the Auto TRD reverse El Glow white with blue font.

I can see that the MANU and O/D sections have been scribed with thin characters but comparing with your picture the blocks (clear plastic behind the characters) have not been done properly.

I checked last night and I could just make out the faint glow of the original lights illuminating the MANU and O/D sections. I don't want to take the dial off and scrape the area clear in case I screw things up...

Ah man, I was going to fit mine today but I just know how annoyed I'll be if after all this faff'ing around they aren't 100% perfect!

I also think that the RPM and Supra logo are too close together, and would have prefered one or the other dropped, but it doesn't look too bad in the pictures posted so far so I'll reserve judgement on that for the moment.

Ah man, I was going to fit mine today but I just know how annoyed I'll be if after all this faff'ing around they aren't 100% perfect!

I also think that the RPM and Supra logo are too close together, and would have prefered one or the other dropped, but it doesn't look too bad in the pictures posted so far so I'll reserve judgement on that for the moment.

you ordered the black rev glo dials so thiey should be good

i think the white dials need more work to be honest

I fitted them yesterday and they aren't 100% :(

The clear area for the O/D OFF and MANU lights to shine through is too small, so half of the O from O/D is missing.

And my fears of the RPM and Supra logos looking too cramped were justified, hence I asked not to have a Supra logo here.

so you did, do you want to send the rev counter back to me then ? and i will forward it along with mine back to speedhut

but apart from the size being wrong is the design good ? or do you want it so that the words OD/OFF and MANU are cut into the dial or is the block cut out a good design?

anyone got pics of there dials fitted yet ?

I'll take a couple of pix this afternoon and post up. The overall design is good (apart from the cramped RPM text).

I'd like to be able to tell when the O/D and MANU have been set so I'll post back to you for fixing by Speedhut.

In terms of options as long as I can clearly see the warning lights then I'm happy. Block cutout as per your picture is good. Not sure that cutting the words would allow enough light through...

Cheers,

Glenn

so you did, do you want to send the rev counter back to me then ? and i will forward it along with mine back to speedhut
I was umm-ing and errr-ing about this, as it's a bit of a ball ache to take everything apart and remove the rev-counter, put it all back together only to have to repeat the process again when the replacement arrives. However, I noticed today that my warning triangle no longer works, so it looks like I'll have to take it all apart anyway. I wont get a chance to do it before the weekend though.

but apart from the size being wrong is the design good ? or do you want it so that the words OD/OFF and MANU are cut into the dial or is the block cut out a good design?
The design is good overall. A couple of observations though.

I think it can be improved by changing the L 2 D N R P section so rather than having an illuminated - (dash, rectangle, whatever you want to call it) under it as per the factory rev counter, have the actual L 2 D N R P see through so they illuminate instead. It would make it look a bit more modern and reduce some of the clutter.

The plastic film used for the see through bit is very reflective. If you look at the attached picture you can see a lot of glare appears where the warning lights are.

The cut for the circle where the needle goes is not 100%. If you look at the speedo on the attached picture you can see a semi-circle of el-glo light around the needle. If expect I could fix this myself with a sharp blade but that might have been easier before I fitted it.

anyone got pics of there dials fitted yet ?
A dull-ish daytime picture is atatched.

A further observation, if the L 2 D N R P can't be changed as suggested (or it looks naff) maybe the - (dash, rectangle) illuminated bit could be made smaller so you don't have to get the dial aligned up 100% with the original underneath? Just an idea though. Again it may look naff in reality.

any idea when i might get mine please

Unfortunately I am still waiting as well.

If you can ask them to get it right before sending out I'd appreciate that.

I fail to see why we are discussing ideas on how to make a 100% working version. This is something they have had months to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.