The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EL-GLO AUTO :Group Buy No.2

supra steveo

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i just posted in the other section, i have the bulbs left in position, this still lights up the pins.

Using the picture here i joined the red and black wires from the colour unit to the main wires connecting to the dash (Green/Red and White/Orange, dont know if your colours will be different) connected them using red connectors and a set of crimping pliers. No soldering at all and still using the original bulbs to light up the pins orange.

I'm confused:blink:

How are you using the picture? There aren't any main wires there. I'm guessing you mean you're piggybacking the colour switch wires onto the main wires? Where are these? And just leaving all else untouched. Neat.

Cheers

Sorry i should explain in more detail.

The harness on drivers position left that connects to the back of the dash, i figured out which wires would connect with the 2 marked area's on the picture shown before, On my harness it was Green/red and White with orange bands, I simply cut these and piggy backed the live wire onto the wire which feeds into live wire to the dash green/red if i can remember is the live but if you look closely you will see which one connects to which part of the dash. Now join these wires together using red electrical connectors and crimp together, and re-attatch. Do it for both live and negative and its ready, no need for solder and with illuminated pins.

Steve,

Sitrep on ETA please...

i sent every thing off today so should hopefully take a week to get there i sent all the dials first class recorded so should get there fast they would of been sent sooner but yesterday i was on parade in front of the Queen and she didnt want to mess things up

Have you had a chance to send mine yet steve?:)

yours went today first class recorded aswell, sorry about the delay but they should be with you very soon

i sent every thing off today so should hopefully take a week to get there i sent all the dials first class recorded so should get there fast they would of been sent sooner but yesterday i was on parade in front of the Queen and she didnt want to mess things up

yours went today first class recorded aswell, sorry about the delay but they should be with you very soon

does this include mine?

I fitted mines yesterday, they look top notch especially at night time. Done it without having to solder or piggyback wires.

What I did was use the + and the - on the back of the clocks, Where the three screws are slotted the wires under the washers and re-done the screws, it took all of five minutes. As for placing the dials over the needles, I just popped off the black circular part slid the dial over and popped it back on, jobs a good 'un.

The longest part of the job was placing the sticky tape, which is a right PITA.

got mine fitted at the same time as getting an LED conversion by Heckler. Look awesome, suddenly I feel like im in a new car...supraship enterprise :)

ps sry couldnt get a good pic in the dark

pps sry dont know how that steering wheel got there :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.