The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EL-GLO AUTO :Group Buy No.2

supra steveo

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that i have the new dials I went to fit them and i can't get the dials on :(

I'm really hoping that patent pending text isn't visable. Looks like it might be..........

See the below image:

The one side of the needles catch on the dials. I really don't want to remove the dials as this can give you a serious headache afterwards. Anyone got any ideas?

That's the problem. I've just fitted it over like that to show what won't go through the hole. I've been sliding the long end through first, but the hole isn't big enough to fit the centre of the dial and the little bit I've circled through the hole. :(:(

I'm thinking about maybe trimming the short end of the needle. I just hope it doesn't mess up the balance of the needle.....

Can't cut the dials, and don't want to remove the needles. I don't see what choice I have. Anyone managed to fit a set of these dials yet?

OK..........I've managed to get them on. I was nervous about bending the dials, but if you tuck the hole in the centre of the dial under the black centre part of the needle it will just about go on. Hope this makes sence. I'll post some photos shortly.

but if you tuck the hole in the centre of the dial under the black centre part of the needle it will just about go on

Makes perfect sense to me...

...then slip the dial under the centre part of the needle to allow the other shorter end to fit through the dial.

:p

Totally trust Jamis review of the dials so you can post mine too please steve. Thanks mate:)

Adam,

the only thing missing is the letters L 2 D N R P from above the little holes that show the lights through

if you remember my old car i used manual white dials and just had the colours showing through the holes.

so im happy as it is more like the old dials and less cluttered with lettering

they glow well

(but not fitted yet as my car is still with Chris Wilson)

the controller is quite bulky but once set to your required brightnes / colour could be hidden from veiw

jamie

Got my dials fitted yesterday. Look great. The only problem for me is that as I have the reverse El-glow I can't see my needles very clearly at night. I might have a look to see if putting some clear bulbs in the back will light up the needles. :blink:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.