The mkiv Supra Owners Club

pride and joy and a roundabout no brakes = dead supra

thesword22

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afraid it looks like a write off fella. The cost of repairing that will probably be £3K+ if it is fixable. The inner wings are shot and chassis rails look like they're probably quite bent. The wheel's taken a knock but hopefully it hasn't bent the suspension.

Done privately with second hand parts though? Probably £1k plus paint?

sorry, but i saw the whole event, and you werent doing 30, you were driving like a tit tbh. decided he wanted to show off against a chaved to the max blue corsa as there is a 50-100 metre dual carriage way and ended up not braking and booting it into st johns roundabout taking out a sign....

my version of events of course...

sorry, but i saw the whole event, and you werent doing 30, you were driving like a tit tbh. decided he wanted to show off against a chaved to the max blue corsa as there is a 50-100 metre dual carriage way and ended up not braking and booting it into st johns roundabout taking out a sign....

.......anyway its being fixed this week or next week when i get the parts....:cool:

:think: If your getting it fixed this week why are you asking us if it is a write off? and why are you already ordering parts (when you dont know why the brakes were ineffective anyway or exactley how it happened) and not waiting for the insurers to assess it? or are you not claiming and if so why not? or weren't you insured ;) lol

....and how do you understeer a rwd car ?? something dodgy me thinks...:sly::search:

oh well, whatever the why's and wherefore's hope you get it sorted and back on the road soon. If you've had it only as long as your membership here, your kinda new - these beasts bite, as you've found out, especially in the wet and around islands.

L

excellent, thats one less chav driving a Supra :D

i damn well hope your not calling me a chav mate.

i dont take kindly to it.

as to the remark about the supra biting. yes i know now it can bite.

so thenh were you situated when this took place then mate.

i was asking because i was wondering waht to do with regards to insurance or do it myself.

im doing it myself.

with regards to no insurance thats bullshit. (sorry for swearing) im a motor trader therefore i have insurance.

sorry for the rant but hey.